Why are you losing weight?

I have a 13 week old son and really struggled in pregnancy due to developing gestational diabetes. I want to be able to run round and play with my boy when he's older and want to be able to give him a brother or sister without making myself ill again.

Well done - and good luck - to everyone else :)

I want to lose weight because I want to:
not have chest pains (been checked out, it's def weight)
have smaller boobs. I'm 69 inches tall. The boobs aren't far behind me.
be able to wear 'normal' clothes without having to rely on evans, yours clothing and little else.
to be able to wear those gorgeous little dresses/tops with empire lines. At the minute the empire line goes right across my boobs rather than under it.
to have a personal shopper (if there are any in my backwards little town ;) ) in some store help me see what suits me rather than 'what fits'.
to not be bright red and sweating profusely even in deepest darkest winter whenever I leave the house.
be healthier!

Last edited:
I need to lose weight in order to qualify for NHS funded IVF :family2:

As cliched as this sounds...I've become a shell of my former self. My weight has made me lose my confident which has stopped me from getting involved in things I wanted to.
I feel like I don't have the personality I'm supposed to have. I should be confident, witty, lively and charismatic but instead I'm shy, quiet, dull and talentless.
I'm trying to change all of that!

Wow! so many inspirational people on this forum.
My reasons for losing weight are simple. I have yoyo'd for years with a gradual upward trend that has accelerated in the last 2 years. If I don't stop now and make a change. I think that whatever courage and confidence I have left to do this will be shattered and battered by every pound I put on and I don't think I can take it any more.
I feel that now is site time for me. So far this year I have given up smoking and I am well on my way towards gaining back back my health. Now it's the time to shed my extra weight.

good on you nessa x

I'm going to update mine today.

I also want to lose weight, to prove that you don't need to have a gastric bypass to lose the same weight in the same time but tonnes healthier (I have a bee in my bonnet over this at the moment). Plus my mum lost 10 stone when I was a kid and she did it naturally too so I want to prove that the determination to succeed runs in the family.

I want to lose weight so I can be confident again, so I can wear the clothes I like without feeling self conscious, so I can feel healthier and happier.

Update on this, after a year of trying we found out we're having a baby!!!! I am due in March :D xxx

Congratulations!! I also have PCOS & endo, we tried for two years and now have an amazing 7 month old. Now I'm trying to lose 4 stone to ttc number two next summer. Xx

I spent the last eight years working with At Risk Teens and Struggling Families, I started when I was 19. I worked really hard and am very proud of the support that I was able to offer and the success that was achieved. I finally decided to chase my own dream but before that I decided to drop the weight so I can be healthier and more confident. I will be relocating to LA and trying my hand in Hollywood once I achieve me goal.

I Cant Wait!

Congratulations!! I also have PCOS & endo, we tried for two years and now have an amazing 7 month old. Now I'm trying to lose 4 stone to ttc number two next summer. Xx

Thank you, and congrats to you too! Good luck with ttc baby number 2, I hope we have given a lot of people hope out there who also have pcos xxxx

Thank you, and congrats to you too! Good luck with ttc baby number 2, I hope we have given a lot of people hope out there who also have pcos xxxx

Me too! I tell anyone and everyone my story (if they want to hear it!). It's definitely not talked about enough. Good luck with baby, it's honestly the best thing ever!!xx

Because I'm too fat again, I don't want to feel a mess anymore and I don't want clothes to be too tight anymore. I want to feel confident and look good in a swimming costume!

Just to purely get back to the me I used to be (sounds cheesy) but I miss her!

This time around to be the healthiest and best mother I can be to my first child :) I'm going to be a healthy weight by the first. Birthday party!

Just to purely get back to the me I used to be (sounds cheesy) but I miss her!

This about sums up why I want to lose weight too.... I miss the old me... and I know others do too!

I've lost a lot of weight in the past and kept it off for a while before I started to gain it back - I motivate myself by remebering how wonderful I felt back then and most of all HAPPY! I remember going on holiday and not feeling self conscious - I want to feel like that again!

I spent the last eight years working with At Risk Teens and Struggling Families, I started when I was 19. I worked really hard and am very proud of the support that I was able to offer and the success that was achieved. I finally decided to chase my own dream but before that I decided to drop the weight so I can be healthier and more confident. I will be relocating to LA and trying my hand in Hollywood once I achieve me goal. I Cant Wait!
Ooh sounds amazing! What's your dream you're aiming for? Xx

Back