Why are you overweight?

shrinkingannie

Gold Member
If you had to give one reason what would it be??

I think for me its that I could never enjoy a treat without feeling guilty and that I had ruined the whole day - leading to overeating binging etc.

Because I [strike]have[/strike] had no self control :eek:

because i have eaten rubbish basically and not treated my body very well.. and been very blinkered as 2 how i really looked...wow did i get a shock wen some1 took a pic of me from behind!!! WIDE LOAD came 2 mind lol ... so i have made this resolve to get rid of this horrid fat (and cos the hubby booked a hol for next year dont wanna look like shamoo ) and i suppose cos i miss out on lots of things id like to do but miss out cos of embarasment about my size:)

self abuse and punishment

I have never eaten all that badly - no binge eating, and not excessive amounts of 'bad' food by any means, but for years have eaten just too much quantity wise at meal times. The biggest problem for me was that being combined with a lack of exercise, and also a lack of motivation to do anything about my slowly increasing weight.

Because I spent most of my life on a 'diet', and allowed food to totally control my life- simple as that. No more though!!...I am the ruler of my life- not food! LOL!

Because I stupidly starting dieting at 17 even though I wasn't fat, just thought I was. That was the start of yo-yo dieting for me and why I'm now so overweight.

i have big bones :D

LOL...wouldnt that be a good excuse :D:D:D

just over eating ...thats all :break_diet:

eating the wrong food or eating too much and hardly ever bothering to weigh myself, in the end the mirror worked and listening to my grandmother warning me, I guess she felt a bit guilty..

eating the same size portions as my 6'4 husband (I'm 5'2"!!), stopping exercising regularly (gave up hockey and basketball) and generally didn't keep an eye on what i was doing. All change now!

a mixture of emotional eating, laziness and bad food choices.

I lived my life for other people not for myself!
Of course I was taken advantage of - so what did i do? I ate and I ate and I ate!
What a horrible place it was -I have lovely caring people around me now and the users are all dumped!
I am living MY Life xx

i would say not eating regular meals eg never eating breakfast, being too busy for lunch then stuffing my face on a nite. that along with drinking a bottle a wine a day to block out all the crap in my life! on the bright side ive eaten breakfast every day for 2 weeks and only drank alcohol 3 times in that period too and each time when ive been out not sitting at home thinkin i need it to unwind and relax and to be honest i feel a million times better and dont even fancy it whoop!wonder if the cravings thing that this acomplia is good for is actually working on alcohol ?!?!

cause i moved in with my fella over a year ago and it piled on without me even noticing :eek:

Mee too, piled it on in first year with hubby without noticing, then been creeping up over the years. :sign0007:

Also I never stuck to a diet for more than a couple of months for me to get back to a normal weight:doh:

Started off with boredom, then as I gained weight I stopped going out as much as clothes were uncomfortable and I did not feel good about myself so this gave me more time to get bored and more time to eat I never feel full that little switch people say is in your head to stop you eating was never put in I am sure!....

Probably a combination of eating takeaways too often, having a sedentary job (I.T. analyst/developer), not taking any exercise and binge eating. If I had a bad day at work I'd eat a whole box of cereal or a family size bag of M&Ms. And I've had a lot of bad days over the years!

:D I never changed my eating habbits, i joined the Army at 16, and it was very physical and my calorie intake was massive, but it was always used up, when i left the jobs i had were not as physically demanding, but i was still eating the same amount, and as i approached 40 i jumped up to 17 stone, not good, so i joined cambridge and got back down to 13st 5 lbs, that was in 2005, now sitting at the 15 st mark, but im 6ft 1 and i dont look as big as i did a couple of years ago :D

Back