why cant i find ..

Littleslimmingbee

Gold Member
losing weight exciting anymore? i miss that 'oh my god, it's going to be so great and nothings going to stop that' feeling..

why cant i make my motivation and willpower last more than a few days.. why dont i care enough to get back on track and loose the weight?

I hit my 5st award. stayed there one week, then after event after event i let it slip. 1.5lbs away from it again, and went away.. got engaged and gained 8.5, bringing my overall loss to even less than my 4.5stone/ original target weight. Since then my willpower and excitment lasts a few days before i get frustrated and mad and just dont care.

I havnt a clue whats going on in my head.. right now i genuinly cant understand how i ever lost my weight to begin with?!

Firstly I would like to congratulate you on your weight loss!! You have done amazingly so far. Secondly i think i know how you feel....the last few weeks i have been gaining or losing half a pound and am only 5 pounds away from target....i have got weigh in tomorrow and after just binging on chocolate i now feel sick an disgusting so tomorrow will be another gain! :( I just cant get my head back to where it was and I dont even have a reason...i will be intrigued to see what others have to say!

Good luck though....i hope your will power comes back to you just like i hope mine will :( xx

Fern I know exactly how you are feeling....I am only a few lbs from target, and I just cant get motivated, and keep having naughty bursts. I am sure its partly because I am now in the clothes size I want to be..and people tell me I shouldnt lose anymore so I just think ah well...then a few days later I feel really bad and stick to it for a few days again...I like you have lost my mojo :(

hmmmm the mojo thief needs catching plus I am jealous as they must be losing sooo many pounds each week!!

hmmmm the mojo thief needs catching plus I am jealous as they must be losing sooo many pounds each week!!

This is very true!!!! :( When you find the mojo grabber please ask them to return mine....i know its not gone for good i just cant find it! and i dont know why!! I think maybe like you, as im so close i think oh it wont hurt, but then afterwards i just feel horrible and regret it! The annoying thing is, if im out with friends or out for a meal, i am good and pick the right things, and normally say no to dessert, however when im alone, like tonite, i secretly binge so its not even like i enjoy it at the time of eating it :( this is what annoys me most!! x

the this is, even as i write this.. im still eating choc.. and its like i just dont care.. even tho i want to. I so want to care enough to stop. :(

I really want too.. but feel id be lieing if i said ' yep, right now this second' .. do i have to wait for me to ' be ready ' or do i just make myself be????

Oh ladies!!

It's like you're reading my mind...except for the being almost at target bit!! I'm only at the start of my journey (again!!) yet i've lost my mojo this weekend!! Have mostly got back on it today, but still so frustrated with myself...even as I was eating the battered chips (drools!!) I was planning in my head what excuse I would give my C and mum (who goes to group with me) for the gain...bloating, sickness, tiredness, excessive fresh air consumption!! It almost makes the binge better if no-one knows about it!! as lovely and supportive BF and family/friends are in telling me they love me just as much as a fatty, I'm convinced they are looking down at me whilst I shovel in the lard!! When I'm alone, no-one judges me!!

Back on it, give your arses a kick and snap out of it, and when you've worked out how, let me know!!

:)

We really are all the same...and I know what you mean about the secret binging...I have been miles better this week though...but tonight I am sitting here really needing a curly wurly but I know that one will lead to two and so on...so am resisting...I just wish I was back in the mindset of not even wanting or thinking about wanting it!
Right Mr Mojo thief we are soooo coming to get you :17729:

I too feel totally the same. I'm finding it really hard as most of the time I'm just sat about the house doing nothing in between job hunting. When I was on teaching practice I was always on the go so my snacking urges were repressed. I've bought myself a x-stitching kit - something I used to do quite often - and it's working a treat!

Don't take this the wrong way but I'd say 'Welcome to the world of dieting!'

This is what my whole adult life has been like with different diets and I hate to say it but something like 93% of dieters experience this. What I mean is, only a very few people lose weight and keep it off, the rest, spend a lifetime yo yo-ing (myself included). That's why the dieting business is worth mega bucks, it's the same people going back and spending more money ;)
And the reason why we try different diets? We are always looking for that 'first time thrill' of dieting....
Sad but true, I'm afraid. I wish I had a pound for every time I have joined a slimming club and said 'this is the last time' or 'I'm not gaining weight again!!

Don't take this the wrong way but I'd say 'Welcome to the world of dieting!'

This is what my whole adult life has been like with different diets and I hate to say it but something like 93% of dieters experience this. What I mean is, only a very few people lose weight and keep it off, the rest, spend a lifetime yo yo-ing (myself included). That's why the dieting business is worth mega bucks, it's the same people going back and spending more money ;)
And the reason why we try different diets? We are always looking for that 'first time thrill' of dieting....
Sad but true, I'm afraid. I wish I had a pound for every time I have joined a slimming club and said 'this is the last time' or 'I'm not gaining weight again!!

Right this has sort of kicked me up the bum.....i dont think im a yoyo dieter as i havent put my weight back on, and im not going to either. I know we all feel bad after a blip but isnt this how 'normal' people eat....when they go on holiday or have a special occasion...they do this...so i think iv found the mojo thief...everyone grab yours back too and whos with me :) xxx

Maybe your mind is rebelling against you reaching your goal? Perhaps because you wonder what you'll do once you reach it, or perhaps you can't believe you've made it this far? I know in my case I get so used to seeing myself as fat that I begin to sabatoge myself when I lose a substantial amount of weight. My mind wants to make the physical me look the same as the mental me. It's so frustrating isn't it?! I think in my case I'll set myself another goal, not weight related, once I get close to target so my mind can focus on the new goal while it gets used to me not being fat!

I think wearing the skin tight tights and top today and looking at myself in the full mirror in our Zumba class while we all shook our bodies made me kick myself back into gear. I will look good in skin tight clothes again :)
Hope you find your mojo again soon girls!

I know you're finding it hard now but as someone who is at the beginning of their journey, I still find your post incredibly inspiring. 4 and a half stone is an incredible achievement and you should be incredibley proud of what you've lost. Everytime I read about someone who has reached target it really makes me believe in myself. You've not only helped yourself but you're helping others too (myself included).

Everyone has off days and it's human nature to want what we shouldn't, but you're the only person who can change anything. Having moments of weakness or giving in to temptation can still be seen as a good thing. As with everything bad in life, you need the negatives to make you appreciate the positive. :)

Emily

ladies may i just say congrats. on shreading the weight that you have. it has been a long road for you with good days and bad. but you have set out to acheive, and you have acheived.

i must say i have never dieted before. read about other diet's before choosing SW. and i have to say, i don't feel i am dieting so much as changing my life style and mind set.

i agree with idlekat. starting something new is great motivation even if it is a healthy program or a new poetry course. you know yourselves that maintaining your weight, will always be. even when you reach your goal, but the buzz of starting something new is missing. we focus so much on food, with scales each week. well i know i do.

i am thinking, perhaps maybe another motivation is now need. learn a new skill or a new language.

just like luhluhloser, have been on this road for 8 wks. you are all an inspiration.

Back