Why cheat??????

When I lost all the weight I kept it off for years and really thought I'd got on top of it. I thought I was one of the 3%! I'm still one and a half stone lighter than I was to start with. However the EASY bit was losing the weight (and that's hard enough) - come back and let us know if the maintenance is so easy one, two or five years down the line. Without meaning to sounds really negative but it's important to know that so you don't get complacent.

Beaut x. said:
Just put in my opinion then I don't get accused of saying the wrong things :) I've ordered him a months supply of soups and a couple of bars... I'll encourage him, like I did before but he says to himself he can't do it. which isn't good way to think need to stay positive. x

If he struggles why not encourage him to do WS. It might be a lot easier for him. He's probably keen to do 'your' diet because you're doing well on it. I'd concentrate on that aspect and if TS isnt for him don't put him off. Let him try WS. The important thing is that HE finds a diet HE can stick to, it doesn't need to be one you agree with. But your support will be invaluable

This diet has very black and white rules when it comes to what you are and aren't allowed to eat so in that respect, yes - it is easy. I've commented on that in my diary. With other diets, choice played a large part in me falling off plan.

HOWEVER, it's definitely not an easy diet. I've not cheated - but that doesn't mean to say that I may never cheat. No one can predict how they will react to certain situations, you could need to come off plan for a short while for medical reasons and not be able to get back into the right frame of mind - the possibilities are endless.

Everybody is entitled to their opinion - its healthy to debate a point you believe in. But there is a fine line between your opinion and judgement and it's maybe an idea to consider they way in which you are saying something to prevent your point of view becoming demeaning to someone who needs support.

I did say I'm sorry if I have offended anybody...and the way I worded things might not have been the way I liked it. Just conscious to why people cheat? xx

In which case, for me, the simple answer as to why I broke the diet was because I felt like it at the time! I wanted a glass of wine so had some food so that I could have a drink (it is def not a good idea to drink when just on the diet and hubby wouldn't let me get the bottle out of the fridge until I had eaten some dinner!!)

Reading that back, it sounds really bad! I broke my diet because I wanted alcohol!!! LOL:eek:

Sorry to be blunt but why do you care? Your obviously doing very well - can you not just be content with that instead of worrying why other people may struggle? To be honest it has nothing much to do with you.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I am not sure that 'cheat' is the word to use actually.

I have been 100% this time around but I lost 6 stone with LL years ago and put the lot back on again over the years and it has taken me a lot of thought to do a VLCD again. In fact even when I had decided to go for it I was coming on this forum for weeks reading all the other posts before actually going for it.

We are all human and we got this way through maybe making the wrong decisions about what we put in our mouths. Food is many things.........comfort, fuel, enjoying time with friends and family, celebrations and lots more besides so when we 'cheat' it may be for just one of those reasons. Most of us on this forum know the calories of most of the food, we are all intelligent people and know what we shouldn't eat......the food that maybe makes us binge, but we still eat it. None of us are perfect.

I hope that I will be strong willed enough to understand and recognise that I cannot go back to my old way of thinking and eating but it will take a lot of strength to do so and I hope that the fact I regained all that weight will stop me in my tracks this time around.

Dear contributors
This is a great site - its a great diet but alas we are but human. I believe that everyone has the right to make decisions about their life which are right for them. Some call it the Law of Allowing - so if it works for you great. It works for me too but I am but an amateur (6 weeks in) and 5pm is always tough. I don't think anyone 'wants' to cheat', I don't think anyone actually wants to be fat either but as humans that happens. We should be more forgiving of each others human frailties; if it works for you great, when you stumble - pick yourself up and remind yourself what you are doing and why. Don't look back - its gone. Look forward and be kind to yourself.
I find the support, inspiration and encouragement of this site incredible. It would be a shame if anyone inadvertently made anyone else feel a failure. To do one day is a success - so here's to us! To everyone who is doing their best and coping with all that life throws at them. Well done! With a large glass of sparkling water.
GSQ

I don't wish to sound condescending at all and I apologise in advance if this comes across that way but I remember (just ;)) how black and white everything seemed to me when I was 18. Life experience has taught me otherwise but I can't condemn anyone for feeling that way even though I can see the points everyone makes.

Everyone has to find their own way :)

I'll butt out now ;) xx

Some of these posts actually made me cry :'( not because i even really care about others "opinions" god, iv wasted all my adult life doing that but because it made me realise that I'm just a normal married, overweight mum of 4 that can't control what goes in her mouth ( normally on the weekend ) and that it's flipping hard to stay 100% TS for the duration. I done my 1st month on lipotrim 100% but I *decided to eat after my nan's funeral. Iv struggled ever since to get back in the zone which drives me insane some days and other days I can breeze through without even looking at food. I switched to exante after 10 weeks on lipotrim and even though id struggled i had lost 4 stone in 12 weeks while "cheating" so its not all totally pointless if you cant cope 100% TS all of the time although i do know and say all the time in my diary that i wish i was 100% because id lose faster. when I was 18 without a care in the world I was a happy size 18 and couldn't care less if I was fat or if I didn't eat for a week I just got on with it but I'm almost 30 and want to be a fitter healthier mummy to my boys. There's no point asking 'why' people cheat. I thought I'd be 100% until goal after being so easy to do for the 1st month but I got too confident and thought " it's ok I'll eat and then get it back off by weigh in" but I ended up losing the same few lb for a couple if weeks in a row. I tell myself every time " this us the last time I do that. No more messing about " but the voice in my head takes over but I still do my best and never give up even if it's not 100% all of the time i just do as much 100% as I can without going crazy. Iv spent all my life eating because it's natural but now I need to teach myself that I can't eat the things I used to. That's the hard part .....

Ok I am so mad at op I had to say somthing and I usually don't. (get ready girls!) who exactly are you to question why anyone cheats ok so your doing great well done but maybe you should wonder about why we got large In the first place? I have IBS and I struggle all the time with what I can and can't eat I was told Sunday by nhs direct that I HAD to eat somthing or end up in hospital! Does that mean I cheated? No it means that I am losing weight to live a more healthy lifestyle and ending up in hospital defeats the object! Would you like to judge me now? Yeh I had a boiled egg! Sue me! I am 32 and if I think 'cheating' is the way to stay out of hospital then cheat I will do and I most certainly won't get upset that some 18 year old without the health problems I have thinks she's better than me! The girls on here are fantastic they are full of helpful advice and I wouldn't be able to get through without them! I have to say you should be ashamed of yourself you are judging people without even knowing them shame on you!!

And god forgive me for saying it- I hope you either cheat or put back on every ounce you lose because if you do put it back on and you come back on here I will be the first one pointing the finger at you for cheating! These girls are here for support not to hear you negative comments putting them down!

aghhh uncomfortable thread. I think everyone's views of what 'cheating' is are so different and people 'cheat' (I like to think of it as bending the plan a little ;)) for all sorts of reasons. End of!

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions :)

yes they are however i was always brought up to know if you cant say anything nice dont say anything at all! you not only put down the girls who have slips you also put down the girls on working solution too maybe you should learn to think before you voice yours? espiecially since your opinion seems to be quite upsetting and hurtful.

I've only voiced an opinion of mine that I have been talking with friends with, which they cannot understand either. And asked if theres another VLCD diet which is cheaper for a family member to do...so put it out there to everyone

As someone who has tried every diet under the sun including a vlcd which i hated every minute of but that was my own personal choice
I think we only fail when we give up lets face it that wold be so easy
But we dont we keep trying and we will all win this race some of us mite just take a detour
Beaut i cant decide if you Are trying to stir up people for a reaction
Ot if you are just a naive 18 yr old who evn reading these posts does not seem to realise how your attitude has hurt some people
People who im sure welcomed you on here and gave you help and advise when you were just starting out on your weight loss

As someone who has tried every diet under the sun including a vlcd which i hated every minute of but that was my own personal choice
I think we only fail when we give up lets face it that wold be so easy
But we dont we keep trying and we will all win this race some of us mite just take a detour
Ot if you are just a naive 18 yr old who evn reading these posts does not seem to realise how your attitude has hurt some people
People who im sure welcomed you on here and gave you help and advise when you were just starting out on your weight loss

First, you have only been on this diet for 14 weeks, you (and I) are newbs to this! Come tell us how you feel in 20 weeks ;)

Second, your poor dad! Instead of encouragement and support he has you ramming your opinion down his throat on how he should diet! I wish him luck, sounds like he will need it.

Now... I was 100%TS since the 3rd of Feb, 3litres of water a day.. And my losses were Awful. The last two weeks I have done WS and so far the weight is flying off of me! Looking forward to tomorrows weigh in! It's not rocket science to work out which solution of Exante that I should be doing. In your eyes "cheating"..all I can see though in my eye line is goal! Because WS will get me there!

I have a daughter around your age and I am very thankful that she is mature enough not to take such a belittling attitude of her fellow human being. I would be gutted if my daughter was acting this way. It's a long fall down from the top.

To everyone who has supported me on minimins... THANK YOU all for being so amazing... I would of given up long ago without you all!

I'm not trying to stir anything, if you know me then you'll know this is true. This forum has helped me, I know I could have worded what I put at the beginning differently, but can't change that now.

Back