Why did we start?

Vicx

Reduction!!!!
Firstly I should admit that I kinda stole this idea from CD (er thanks guys;)) I loved the idea of a thread to remind us in our moments of weakness the reason or reasons why we want to lose or maintain weight. I'm sure a lot of our reasons are similar but wouldn't it be great to share...

Ok here goes..

I want to buy clothes that I like rather than what fits....well when I say fits I mean isn't tight!

I don't want to suffer the pain and discomfort of my thighs rubbing together ever again!

I want to able to wear tops that don't go fuzzy around my boobs....is that just me?????

There is more...I'll add soon.

Hi
Great thread btw!

1.)I want to lose it because im 30 in may and i do not want to be big any more. Ive been big 98% of my life.
2.) I hate wearing skirts because my legs rub and get sore.
3.) What i want to wear what i do wear are 2 separate things.
4.) I want to do more with my children
5.) I dont want to die young- i worked in theate and i have seen many many operations caused my obesity, (aneursyms, dvt, by-passess, amputations because of pvd, list goes on and on)
6.) I was a hypocrit preaching to patients about being healthy when i looked like a cannon ball.
7.) Lol i tend to be less hairy when i am slimmer. No goaty yet though!
8.) People treat you differently because you are over weight....the one time i was thinner i did notice a massive difference....shows how narrow minded people are!
9.) clothes are cheaper if your thinner
10.) can wear a bikini without people thinking free willy has landed!
11.) to get fitter
12.) quality of life in general.

Ruthy xxx

I want to be confident enough to take my kids swimming....

I want to find clothes that i like then look for my size (not the other way round!)....

I want to be a yummy Mummy, not a wobbly Mummy....

I can so see myself being told to read these reasons when I start moaning that I want chocolate!! hehe.

I want to lose weight because

* I want my "inner" confidence to match my "outer" confidence
* I want to enjoy the summer rather than just boil in the heat
* I want to be able to enjoy exercise more
* I want to find the man I deserve (I know looks aren't everything but it helps)
* I want to start my new career - Police Officer
* I want to be able to walk down the street without worrying about people shouting comments at me. (Worst one was walking with 3 friends up the street when a bloke in the van shouted "get to weight watchers love" - Grr)
* Finally......... I want to be me!

Ohhh, this is actually quite inspirational, great idea for post!

LOL Vicky,I get fuzzy boobs as well! :D

My reasons.........

1. For better self confidence
2. To look younger (am fast approaching 40 and it's stressing me out)
3. So that I feel sexier with hubby, alot of excess fat seems to suck that out of me
4. Better health & stamina
5. More energy, am really lacking it at the moment
6. More cheery disposition
7. To look better in clothes
8. So that I can finally take a warm holiday with hubby and not hide from the camera
9. To confidently wear a bathing suit with no cover ups

Well here goes:

1) At my biggest I use to wake up in the night choking and gasping for breath at least 2-3 times a night (very frightening). So never want that to happen again.

2) I just gotta beat my 5 year old boy in a race (he is always challenging me to races).

3) I want confidence I dont think this is something I have ever experienced.

4) I want a new wardrobe full of really nice clothes.

I know there is more but my kids are climbing all over me so I will post the rest later when they are in bed.:rolleyes:

I haven't taken my kids swimming for a year and I really want to but there is no way I'm getting in a cossie yet.

My thighs are really sore when I wear skirts, I don't want that anymore.

I can't face anyone seeing my massive arms in the summer when the vest tops come out.

I want to wear what i like and not look like a sack of spuds.

I want my confidence back and for my double chin to disappear (it's going gradually)

I want to look in the mirror and think I look great (it used to happen) instead of feeling depressed.

I want to believe my hubby when he says I look beautiful and sexy.

Roz x

Well the main reason was-
At school leaving do- Taking loads of pictures... We all got them back and I felt like all you could see in these pictures was me!
And i wore WHITE:doh: I looked like Stay Puft from ghostbusters:rotflmao:

I had names thrown at me, people making remarks- I didn't really care, it never bothered me-
Its when i saw it for myself and i was like:eek:

1. I want to be able to wear sexy underwear (not the cotton windsocks I currently own!)
2. I want to wear a bikini and not feel like a whale
3. When on holidays I want to be able smile in the photos instead of pushing my face out to make my double seem smaller
4. When at the beach or park in summer for a bbq and my friends are playing cricket, football or frisby I want to be able to join in without feeling out of breath.
5. No longer want chafing on my legs from wearing skirts
6. I dont want to be the fat friend
7. id like to shed the bingo wings I have happening on my upper arms!

Ah how the list goes on!

I copy that! i hate my bingo wings too!
Ruthy xxx

ooh I thought of another.....
What about the hot/sweaty moments?? and NO! I'm not referring to rudies! No, I mean the times when I get hot and slightly sweaty for no reason, especially on my face......tell me that is because of my weight and not the menopause!!!! LOL

Like a lot of you I want to be able to wear what I want, the style of clothes I'm into really only make smaller sizes! grr

I feel so much better in myself when I'm eating healthier - I want to do that for life and still be able to enjoy food!

I want to be able to not feel conscious in the summer

I don't wana be the fat, 'cuddly' friend!

Great idea for a thread!
I want to be confident
I want to be a "yummy mummy" (soon!)
I want to be able to have a conversation with my nan that doesn't involve my weight!
I want my boyfriend to be proud of being with me
I'm a nurse and I don't want to be hypocritical when advising patients about weight issues
I want to feel good about myself, inside and out

What made you decide this is my turning point?

I thought it would be good to put down the reasons why we decided to start the healthy eating plan. (Please don't feel that you have too its your choice) So if we have a bad day and feel like throwing in the towel we can check back to remind our selves how we felt/feel and do we really want to feel like that again or want to carry on feeling like that.

I have been big since my late teens I didn't like it but it didn't stop me getting bigger. I wouldn't have said I was huge then but my friends were always so thin it made me feel huge.

As the time went on I just got bigger and bigger and thought I could just hide behind baggy clothes and nobody would notice. Then I saw a photo of myself that was taken a few Christmases ago and I thought thats not me I don't remember climbing into a fat suit. Strangely enough that didnt stop me getting bigger it just made me eat more.

My turning point was I started waking up several times during the night choking and really gasping for breath and was suffering the most horrendous headaches every night too. I seriously thought I was not going to wake up in the mornings.

Well thats how I felt then now I am 4 and a half stone lighter no more horrendous headaches and no more waking in the night choking and gasping for breath. I feel so much better now god know how I will feel when I hit my target.:)

Good thread! First, well done Sonban on the great weight loss and the tremendous health benefits!!!

I originally started doing SW with a friend who did it for a month, lost her weight and then b*ggered off J so I fell by the wayside, but I have picked myself up, kicked myself in the backside and reminded myself that I wasn’t happy in my skin anymore and that I didn’t feel good about myself anymore. I was tired of being exhausted all the time and not having the energy to get things done. I work full time and have a long commute, I am also at Uni and trying to exercise etc and fit it all in, you need to be in good shape to do it all properly! J so that is my motivating factor. I am also working towards doing a 5K at the end of June and actually being able to wear and feel comfortable in shorts!!

x Steph

Fantastic thread (I meant to start one saying the same thing a while ago, but never got round to it) My story is very familiar to yours Son, I was always big, just got bigger and bigger and always bought bigger baggier clothes, (I always stand behind people in photos so theres very few full frontal photos of me) All my friends are nice and slim - which doesnt help, but like you that wasnt motivation enough. The turning point for me was that my best friend and my boyfriends best friend announced that they are getting married abroad in summer 2009 - and I dont want to be the fat blob on the end of all the photos. Going on holiday with my boyfriend is one thing - but going with the entire village is another thing! xxx

....TAKEN FROM A POST EARLIER THIS WEEK SAVES ME TYPING IT AGAIN. LOL

"I have been in your situation at least 20 times! but this time im going to do it, My blood pressure is high, at my heaviest i was 16st4 and only 5"3, just think of what i was doing to my body yuk yuk yuk!

Im now 14st13 and starting to notice a big difference, i look different, im never tired, i never get headaches any more and most of all im going to see my kids grow up.

I dont want to die young either, and thats my biggest drive, if ive got high blood pressure at the age of 29 i doubt id make 45 if i continue the way im going.
Also i hate wearing out sized clothes, i want to be slim and sexy!"

rUTHY XXX

Back