why didnt I get slimmer of the month?

Yep that's right they don't count your first week as most people have *big* losses in their first week (you also cant get slimmer of the week on your first week's loss) :) xx

Sure they count first week as I won it my first month had been there three weeks when it was done and I'd lost 17lb but 8.5lb was my first week , and my friend got it tonight for June and she has lost 14lb in four weeks so sure you count first week

not sure - I do the weighing at my group and the PDA lets the cons know who has got awards and who is SOW and SOM, I would check with your cons and see what they say.

You're not being a brat, it is really motivating winning SOW etc and if you have lost the most then you should have it recognised.

Our consultant says that your first weeks loss is halved, this is then added to your next three weeks, that makes your total. Would that sound right? To be fair, she has a sheet with the top five losers on it in order.

Jenxy, your comment makes perfect sense. My 1st WI after starting the plan was on 1st June, I did get SOTM but my certificate says -18lbs, my actual total for the last 5 WI's have added up to 21lbs, at least I can explain it to my consultant now as she is new-I am her 1st ever SOTM.

I never know how these awards are worked out. At my group, I get the impression that the SOTW is not always the person with the most loss, but is shared around a bit. I won it once when I had lost 3lbs and another member had lost more.

I never know how these awards are worked out. At my group, I get the impression that the SOTW is not always the person with the most loss, but is shared around a bit. I won it once when I had lost 3lbs and another member had lost more.

Not necessarily Chloe. Your previous weeks weigh in is taken into consideration. If you gained, were on holiday or did not weigh for some reason the previous week, you do not qualify for SOTW.

Yup, you can only get SOW if you had a loss the previous week, if you didn't weigh in, or had a gain, you are not elligible.

Jenxy is correct, the first week weight loss is halved which is why I missed SOTM by 0.25 of a lb last month :( Was gutted! There is always next month :)

I still argue that SOW should go to the person who lost the most, lost or maintained the week before and STAYED to group but others disagree with me here. What is the point in rewarding someone who didnt even stay?! We have regular leavers and where is the basket going to go?? Oh well! This is how my group will be run when I get started up xxx

I thought it was all your losses are added up then it give an average and the person who lost the most on average for the month got SOM

I got SOTW last week having lost 2 and 1 the week before. I thought that was weird tbh as it wasn't great but apparently that's what the PDA said. Yet the lady next to me lost 3 and the week before lost 1.5. The mind boggles but at least I got a nice sticker!

Back