Why do clothes sizes differ so much ARGHHH

Camille

Silver Member
:banghead:Okay we all know the sizes differ so much from shop to shop but yesterday I went to Evens for a new pair of everyday trousers. Took a pair into changing room (2 sizes smaller than my usual size-yeah) & they fit & looked fantastic. As I wet to pay I saw the same trews in a different colour & cos I was soooo pleased with them picked up the same size and bought them too. Got home and tried the other pair on and couldn't fasten them!!! They are the same size, same style, same shop but when i've measured them they are 2 inch smaller around the waist-grrrrrrr!!
Not gunna take em back though, they will fit me soon lol!:banghead:
Okay whinge over.

I think when they did a survey of dress sizes a few years ago the Arcadia group, Principals, Evans ,Dorothy perkins all used sizing that was larger than everyone else's, so if they've asked a supplier to make something in a particular size and haven't specified measurements then that's when this kind of thing occurs.
I had the same thing with two identical pairs of M+S jeans a few years ago though, that I can't explain!!:mad:

Yep I have 2 identical pairs of new look jeans that are definitely a whole size different!

I've had the same in M & S too - tried on a top which fitted perfectly, and bought that one and an identical one in a different colour.

Tried on the 2nd top a few days later and it wouldn't do up. I took it back and it was definitely mislabelled - thankfully, the one I tried on was the 'right' size or else I'd have felt a little upset:eek::p

But don't worry, you are right, before you know it the smaller ones will be falling off you:D

Me too. I love New Looks flare jeans (very flattering to pear shapes) . I have a pair in navy and black and they fit great. Went back to get another pair in light blue, picked up the same size as I already have and couldn't even do up the zip when I tried them on at home. Really annoying

I find clothes sizes utterly frustrating too. Yesterday I bought some Nike track pants, fitted well, (labelled Medium, Nike label said 12- which I aim for one day!!), then in Tesco I bought a couple of T-shirts for work, which are a snug 16!!!

i have clothes that I wear that are in a huge array of differing size labels, its ridiculous. I have taken to picking an item up, if it looks about right then I will try it on. I try not to set too much store by labels now, I try to go by how I feel about my own size and then buy clothes that fit! (If that makes sense!)

Mind you, when I was a 22/24, and then finally was able to buy 12s (back there soon I hope!) the size was all important!! How daft am I??

Back