Why do people keep telling me that Lipotrim is dangerous :(

misssammi

I'm talking to friends and stuff and they keep on saying that Lipotrim can be dangerous because its a low calorie diet. I ain't started it yet but I don't mind giving it a go but i feel gutted already about what people are telling me.

This site is great and i would appreciate people already doing Lipo to tell me if it really is dangerous.

Thank you!

Hey hun, I'm not sure why people feel the need to slate VLCDs but they aren't dangerous, you wouldn't be able to do them if they were.

Ignore them and do what's right for you!

xx

Hey hun, I'm not sure why people feel the need to slate VLCDs but they aren't dangerous, you wouldn't be able to do them if they were.

Ignore them and do what's right for you!

xx

thanks hun i know i shouldnt listen to people and not like im going to be eating this way all my life! there will be a time when im going to stop.
oh plus gotta comment on ur pics, you look beautiful! well done on your success x

Thanks hun! That's exactly the way to see it, it's a tool to help you get where you want to not for a life time. There's alot of misunderstanding of VLCDs people just see the low calories and think it must be bad for you but don't let it put you off.

Good luck
xx

If it was dangerous why would doctors put people on it? or why would pharmacists?....i think its dangerous being obese,all that extra pressure on your organs etc...& if you were to feel poorly on it,surley you would stop! i would...sounds like a little jealousy or just pure ignorance to me,you just do what feels right for you hun...if followed correctly & you are monitored regulary you should be fine!!! there is lots of info on the lipotrim website maybe you should ask your friends to check it out...Good luck with it if you decide to start it!!! Caz xx

The way I see it, to Hell with other people if they don't like/approve of it. It's not their fight, not their body and not their choice. Tell them keep their uninformed opinions to themselves.

Hey Sammi :)
It isn't dangerous at all, you are monitored every week and your Doctor is informed that you are on the diet, now surely if it was dangerous Doctors wouldn't have any part in it.
I have only told a few members of my family I am on Lipotrim and they are all behind me for the simple fact they were worried about my health, they could see how down I was being so overweight and I get compliments everytime I see them.
We on Lipotrim are probably getting more Vitamins and goodness everyday than they can dream of getting.
Don't listen to anyone who knows nothing of Lipotrim, and if you decide to start good luck. :)

The reason why people are negative about VLCD's is that they don't understand them and don't have the information that you will have from your pharmacy and from reading on here.

They are hardcore so seem very extreme, but if you have quite a bit to lose they offer a lot of help in safely losing weight. I have been on LT over 6 months now and throughout I have felt well on the whole, haven't had even a cold, and have looked well on it too (that is according to my mum).

You have to make the choice yourself without influence from us or friends. At the end of the day nobody but you knows how you feel about your weight, nobody else walks a step in your shoes, so it is down to you.

Whatever you decide, good luck, but if you go for LT don't waste to much time and energy debating with negative people (even if they love you), the plan is hard enough x

We on Lipotrim are probably getting more Vitamins and goodness everyday than they can dream of getting

this is one of the key factors that can win you the "dangerous/it cant be good for you" argumentative stand; the simple fact that, despite having so few calories, you are almost definately getting better nutrition than any of the "regular" people who will argue against you.

But beware, people won't like hearing that either, as it's thrown their own bad eating into the limelight.

and of course, thats the other thing that people (especially those who could stand to lose a few pounds themselves) seem to hate about anyone who does a VLCD/loses weight quickly, it shows them that you're doing something that they wouldn't be able to do, and that you have a mental strength that they cannot have or begin to understand.

thanks guys. i totally agree people are just jealous and without being supportive they can just bring out things to put the person down or feel upset/scared to start the diet, but its not like they have to start it, cos I do and its my life. so im doing what my heart says.

plus, a lot of people can turn around and say that the money will be an issue as its expensive blah blah. but what about all those people who spend that much money or even more A DAY to get new hair do's or outfits. if they can do so much for the way they look and spend all that cash WHY CANT I spend that much money TO BENEFIT MY HEALTH. isnt that so true!! so i dont really care bout others. they can stuff their negative comments to themselves.

cheers guys u all r great and good luck to you all with your plans. xxx

Sammi a couple of family members have said to me "£30 a week is a lot of money" but I am actually saving money.
Although I never go out unless it is a special occasion I did used to have a drink in my home Fri and Sat nights, now depending on what I drank that cost me £10/15 a week.
Then when I take into account the junk food I ate, for instance treats from the bakers, chocolates, milkshakes ( I was a Pie/Pasty/Quiche addict and loved thick milkshakes ) and then my food for the week it adds up to quite a lot.

Best of wishes whatever YOU decide Sammi. :)

thanks guys. i totally agree people are just jealous and without being supportive they can just bring out things to put the person down or feel upset/scared to start the diet, but its not like they have to start it, cos I do and its my life. so im doing what my heart says.

plus, a lot of people can turn around and say that the money will be an issue as its expensive blah blah. but what about all those people who spend that much money or even more A DAY to get new hair do's or outfits. if they can do so much for the way they look and spend all that cash WHY CANT I spend that much money TO BENEFIT MY HEALTH. isnt that so true!! so i dont really care bout others. they can stuff their negative comments to themselves.

cheers guys u all r great and good luck to you all with your plans. xxx
Good for you hun!!! good luck with it!!! caz xx:D

they say it coz theyre a bunch of idiots. i suppose you cant knock it till you've tried it. everyone said the same to me about it being dangerous and that its gonna "kill me" but im still alive and have never felt better!.... i have too many people in my life who wanna prove to me that this thing is bad for me and encourage me to eat real food etc... it just makes me more determined to prove them wrong and personally i think alot of my friends are just jealous that the pounds are starting to drop off and they are noticing that i look HEALTHIER!!! (even tho i havent lost THAAAAT much yet hehe)

Take no notice of all the people that are trying to put you off. Listen to all the fabulous people on here that have done so well and are now so healthy and looking fabulous.

Like everyone else says they are just envious that you probably have the willpower that they don't and they are frightened at how successful you may be. Just go for it Missami, you won't regret it.

I agree....being very overweight is far worse for your health than the diet. Already I have been able to stop my diabetes medication...and that is just a month of being on LT. I had got so big I developed diabetes about a year and a half ago, my consultant at the diabetic clinic is thrilled with the weight i've lost so far and if it continues this well I will be discharged from the clinic. I know everybody is different so you have to do what is right for you. Doing the LT has given me back the control I needed. And the benefits physically and emotionaly have been immense for me...I can see a better future.
Good luck :)

right simply....im a nurse....VCLD's aren't bad....infact my liver problems have corrected themselves in the 17 weeks I've been on it... in my honest opinion the ppl that slate these diets are ppl that are unhappy with themselves, know they don't have the guts to do it themselves and are jealous with you for making the first move into the rest of your skinny life :)

i believe that those people are jealous and dont want you to suceed but you go ahead the vitimins you will get from the packs are all that you need you will probably be eating a better balanced diet than them thats what i tell people when i get comments like that i have lost 4stone 9lbs in 12 and half weeks with lighterlife very similar to lipotrim. someone commented on my weight loss the toher day and asked what i was doing i told them LL they went phff aww well you starve yourself on that though dont you. i just replied well its obvious;y working for me and walked away.

What irritated me too was when you told ppl what you were on and they said "ye but you'll just put it all back on again when yo start eating"...smile, breathe and walk away :D

Good for you OM for making your comment and walking away!

Its comments like this
phff aww well you starve yourself on that though dont you

that show how ignorant and dismissive some people are, totally unprepared to listen to or accept that facts, and most likely because in their minds that means they have a reason not to do it too, when really its just that they probably couldnt do it.

Ive said it before, but a VLCD is such an intense and hardcore diet, and I have utmost respect and admiration for anyone who can see it through, it shows a real strength of mind and body to do. We are all winners here, and in so many ways that others couldnt even begin to understand :)

Back