Why I have to lose weight?

Wannabeaminieme- Italy! How exciting. Where are you going exactly?

Welcome :) Good luck with your weight loss, you'll find great support on here.

Wannabeaminieme- Italy! How exciting. Where are you going exactly?

Welcome :) Good luck with your weight loss, you'll find great support on here.

We're not sure yet, hubby is away til August so we're hoping to get a last min deal when he's home, i'd like to go near Lake Garda though sooooo pretty.
thanks for the welcome
xxx

Hi wannabeminime,

You've got plenty of time yet so you should be well on your way by August. I hope you feel more like yourself by then, you'r esure to get a good deal. Where is hubby? Mine is in Nigeria 'till next Feb doing voluntary work, so I'm hoping I'll be thinner when he comes home.

Tracey

Well hubby is in the Army, hes currently at home with me in Germany but goes to the UK in a few weeks then to Canada til August..what does your hubby do?
Yeah i cant wait to get all the weight off, i will feel so much happier in myself for sure.
xx

Wannabe,

Hi from me too. What is a Twilight convention? Just me being nosey!

I haven't been to Italy since I was at school. I should think about going there again one day.

Peachey

I am off to Spain next Friday and today I have just extended for an extra 5 days as I have no job to come home to. Poor hubby is going to have to come home all alone...........

I have been trying on some old swimming gear and bikinis this week and I am surprised that quite a bit of it fits comfortably. That tells me that I am losing even if I am having problems seeing it!

Suzy-That sounds brilliant! I'm sure oh will be able to deal with that. As for bathing suits they can be such a nightmare, glad yours seem to be ok :)

wannabe,

My hubby is doing voluntary work and he seems to be doing a bit of allsorts at the moment, he's really a mechanical engineer but they do what is necessary.

Well done on the cossies fitting you suzy, it's been really nice weather here for the last week so hopefully we've come out of the winter and it'll be sunny for you.

Tracey

Oh sorry Tarot Woman after i posted i noticed you put he was doing voluntary work, that sounds fab, good on him..

Suzyk...the twilight convention is for the films and books..you heard of them? im a super geek with them lol and i get to meet some cast members, have pics with them etc, cant wait :eek:

xxx

Tracey

Please tell me the sun will be out when I get there otherwsie I will not be impressed. How else can I show off in my swimming cossies?

Wannabe is that as in the Twilight Zone of years ago or I have missed some new modern thing???

Peachey hubby is fine with coming home without me. It just means he has to pick me up from the airport at about 2am.....

Suzy-Oh well, I'm sure he'll survive. If anything, he might be happy cos he'll have missed you? :rolleyes:

I want to lose weight for so many reasons :(.

1. To look at myself in the mirror, completely naked, and be pleased with what I see.

2. Increase my chances of finding a man who wants to be my lover and not just my friend.

3. So that I can wear boots that actually fit around my calves, rather than having to wear ankle boots constantly.

4. To not feel embarrassed or avoid going on nights out in case my skinny friends 'pull' and I am left on the side

5. To wear a bikini on holiday and shorts, skirts etc in the summer without feeling hideous.

6. So that I can go to the GP without worrying that they will be disgusted at my weight, particularly during physical examinations.

7. Because being a fat teenager is just about the most esteem-destroying thing I can think of, and can ruin people's self-confidence for life.

Last edited:
Hi instant karma,

Welcome to the site, I'm calorie counting so that's similar to your healthy eating but I always use a few of my calories for chocolate or alcohol. I'm not too good on the completely healthy diet.

I too want to wear my knee length boots again, I can just about zip them up now but my legs still splodge out the top a bit. So I need to lose a bit more yet.

Tracey

Hi Karma from me too.

I would also love to wear boots again..... I can't remember the last time I did. During the snow I could not even get welly boots that were comfortable! Unlike you Tracey mine did more than just splodge out a bit.

Peachey I am sure he will enjoy the peace and quiet. No kids and no wife to nag him...... what more could a man ask for?

Good news yesterday, my boss has asked me to stay on for a few more months so that is a big relief!

I have still stuck to the diet during my stress of last week so I am very happy with myself that I didn't end up comfort eating. Before I was doing Go Lower I would have been stuffing my face with rubbish all week.

1. To feel comfortable when i go places like climbing or swimming.

2. So i dont feel huuuuuuuge standing next to my skinny boyfriend. [He's only 9stone. less than 28in waist.]

3. I want to be thin, for the first time in my life.

4. I want to feel more confident, and buy new clothes. [:

5. I want to live longer now i have something to live for.

x

I agree with fitting into my boots again too!
I managed to fit back into 1 pair (sort of pull up type ones) this week :D but still can't make it into ones with zips.

Winter one of my motivators is to be smaller than my boyfriend too. He's one of those annoying people who isn't skinny, but quite slim for his frame, but never stops eating!

I don't think I will ever not be self conscious when I go swimming and things like that, but I think there's a point when I can make myself believe I look alright, so care a bit less what others think.

Well done for resisting the comfort food Suzy!

Hi MinnieMel,

I did about 15 mins yesterday and today my legs are like jelly. I'm going to continue but I'll build up very slowly. Let us know when you start and how you get on.

Tracey
Great threads,
my reasons for loosing weight,
1, hate feeling unconfortable in clothes
2,want to look good naked
3,want to be in more photos with my OH and children and not want to delete them because im to fat!
4, want more energy
5,to feel good about the way i am
Hve lost 5 stone on Go lower but still have to tone up and loose a little bit more.:)

Have your reasons stayed the same or changed at all?
Isabel x

Hi Isobel, Well done on the 5 stone, that's fantastic.

My reasons have pretty much stayed the same as when I started but every now and then I see someone elses reasons and I think, 'Oh yep, that's me too.'

Isn't it surprising how many times the photo thing crops up? I don't mind a photo now on my own camera but I hate it on someone elses coz you can't delete it and they can show it around. I can't wait for the day that I don't mind my photo being taken and that I don't mind it been shown round.

Tracey

If you neglect the weight gain problem that you are facing then you are on the verge of suffering with any other serious health complication. The excessive weight gain problem most commonly leads to the obesity, which is supposed to be the cause of many abnormal health conditions.

So, it is necessary for the person to control his weight rather than suffering with the hazardous outcomes of the excessive weight.Weight loss is essential for healthy life....:flirt2:

You're telling us what we already know - that's the reason we're on here.

Hi
I'm back.......
No weight gain while on holiday so I am very proud of myself. I guess I have a lot to thank Go Lower for.
I didn't stick to the diet but I was not silly about it either.

Tracey I agree with you that when I read other peoples reasons I think that is another one for me too.

Back