Why I have to lose weight?

Sugar Fiend,

I have my faults.

I can't cook for one and that is why I am doing the Go Lower diet because they supply all the food and I just have to stick it in the microwave.

I also can't sew! I remember my O'level at school I made such a mess of a small top I had to make with a yoke. I thought the yoke was inside out so I unpicked it all and did it again, only to realise I had been right the first time!

Good luck with your graduation. What have you been studying?

Now cooking I'm not too bad at, still learning though.

I'm useless at sewing too, my mum tried to teach me but then ended up doing my textiles projects in school for me! (I didn't take it at GCSE). I'm generally bad at making things!

I've been studying German and Music(classical) - four long years haha, but I'm almost at the end now. Looking forward to just working, but it's scary at the same time!

Sugar Fiend,

we must be following each other about today on the forum!

I still get my mum to sew and I am nearly 40 with kids of my own. I also don't iron. I hang the clothes up in the airing cupboard to dry so I don't have to iron and if I really need something I take it to my parents.

I have been in this house coming on for 4 years and I don't think I have ever got the ironing board out!

When I got the iron on labels for my kids for school I gave my mum all the clothes. They still didn't stay on for long! I ended up writing on the labels.

Have you any ideas of what job you want to do as German and classical music sounds like you have two very different choices.

Looks like it lol.

I iron - when I have to, but it normally sits there for a while before I get round to it.

I had those labels, they were useless. I think my mum sewed them in in the end, and I hated them, so itchy.

German and music sound different, but it's all the same skills you need for both so they go really well together.
I still don't really know what job to be honest, something that uses my German more than the music. Probably work as a translator/project manager in a translation agency, but it's still a bit early to start applying properly although I am trying to line something up. I'd love to use my music, but I'm not interested in teaching really, just playing in an orchestra.

I play the flute so it's stupidly competitive (common instrument, few positions available) and would have to teach to get by for a long time before I got anywhere. The lack of stability kind of scares me.

I haven't noticed if you have said already, but do you work?

Zucker - Ich habe Deutsch für vier Jarhe studiert auch. Es ist toll, dass wir etwas anderes gemeinsam haben. ;)

Alright, alright.

Tracey, hola, come esta? Soy bien!

Sorry I thought I would practice my Spanish on Tracey while you to are chatting away in German............

Do you want to stay in the UK or would you work in Germany if the opportunity came up?

Yes, I do work, and my parents do my childcare but I only work 4 days.

Sometime I wish I had more time with the kids but that won't pay the bills and the mortgage. Mum always told me marry for money, not love and did I listen..... Bless Hubby, he does work hard but we need two incomes!

Reasons for losing weight:

1. going on a cruise in sept and all food is included :eek: so want to lose loads cos i know i'll put it on while on cruise

2. to live longer & be healthy

3. get rid of my middle age spread

4. so that clothes look and feel nice on me

Jaja Suzy, que bonito. Yo tambien hablo espanol. Las lenguas son la unica cosa que yo se desgraciadamente...

Dunno if that question was for me, but I'd like to go teach English or French in Germany for like 6-12 months but I wouldn't move there. I don't think I'd stay in the UK either. I love it here and I come often enough so it's like my second home, but I miss home too, especially the people there. You don't realise how attached you are until you leave for a long time.

Hablo un poquito espanol tambien. Unfortunatley I've forgotten most of it now, it's been a while, I obviously need to to have more holidays spain to bring it back up to scratch ;) I can still understand it, just not really use it, so feel free to practise haha.

The bf doesn't do languages, so I'll be living in the UK somewhere. I plan as many trips abroad as I can possibly squeeze in though haha. I don't really mind where I live. I spent last working year in Stuttgart which was fab, and three months in Vienna which I also love. The only place I can't see myself living is where I'm originally from (wirral) but I don't know why, because it's a nice place!

Suzy if you spent all your time with the children I'm sure you would be climbing the walls! I see what you mean though, if only there was a way to have it all.

Hey Poppy, I think those are all great reasons, and pretty similar to mine - i just wish I had a nice holiday planned as extra motivation too :)

Sugar-How did you like Stuttgart and more importantly VIENNA?!

Hola todo, Estoy muy bien, como estais?

Sugar and Peachy I don't know how you can do those different languages, I'm terrible at them and I only really do Spanish coz I live here so I have to make the effort.

I know what you mean about being attached to somewhere until you leave Peachy. I love English films, music and the british sense of humour and I didn't realise until I came to live here. I also love going to Benidorm - very English! Saying that, I have no inclination to go back to England to live.

Suzy, I think your mum was right about the marrying for money - the richer the better.

Poppy, I got all the same reasons as you except the cruise. Wish I had that one too.

Tracey

Tracey-languages is the only thing I know really, can't do maths and science for my life. I just learn a bunch of languages and.. that's it. It's not really impressive if it's the only thing you know lol. Yeah, looking forward to going home but I'm not sure how I'm going to leave here and my mates, I get upset just thinking about it lol.

Stuttgart was great, everything is quite close together, or easy to get to on the train (well tram/train thing).
I was actually staying in a village near to Vienna and didn't get to go there as much as I would have liked so only really saw the city centre, but it was a amazing, really beautiful, and loads of little side streets to explore. I'd love to go back! You're going there during your trip aren't you? Enjoy it!

Tracey, I'm not that great at languages really, I just enjoy them, and I feel less stupid when I go abroad and can understand whats going on.

This is a really good question which is sure to get everyone thinking!

Mine are:
-To Feel better within myself
-To feel more confident when talking to men
-To wear a bikini on holiday
-To take pictures without having a double chin
-Not seeing or feeling all my rolls when i bend over or sit down
- To feel happier in my self overall
- Being fitter and more active.

Good luck everyone with all your goals!!
Sarah

Sugar-I am indeed. T - 7 for Paris! I've already packed :D You know, instead of doing proper work.

Hi Peachy, I'm the opposite of you then I like maths and science, I did maths and computer programming at uni.

Sugar, if I go anywhere on holiday I have a little phrase book and that's about my limit. I can't imagine ever liking them.

copster, I think almost everybody has this fear of being in photos. I don't mind photos if they're on my camera and I can delete them. Other people always seem to show the worst ones around though.

Tracey

Hi Copster,
welcome to the site you will find everyone is great and will help and support you.
What diet are you on and how is it going so far? I am on Go Lower and doing really well.

Hola!
Well I have just realised how bad my Spanish is as I could translate only about half of what has been written. I think I will shut up now!
Hopefully when I get out there next week I will get a chance to practice what little I do know. I have never studied it properly I just try to practice it when I can.

When I travelled years ago I always made sure I learnt how to say hello and thank you in each country I was in. It meant I could be polite even when I was struggling to be understood.

Peachy when are you off. I should start thinking about packing soon as I am going to have to pack four cases. Hubby always says he can do his own but I always do it anyway and add more as he thinks he can get by with about two t-shirts and two pairs of shorts......

I want to lose weight:
To feel better about myself in general.
So i dont feel shy or embarrassed when someone takes my picture.
Me & hubby are hoping to go to Italy in August so i would like to feel comfortable in a bikini.
This 1 is quite silly lol but in October me and my sister are going to a twilight convention so ill be meeting some people who i love, so i would like to look nice and not feel all self conscious when meeting them :eek:

Tracey-Aw, lucky you. My flatmate tried to show me how to do chi-squares the other day and it took absolutely ages. Also spent a few hours trying to explain science to me. I'm so dense on the subject, it's untrue.

Suzy-Aw I'm sorry. Hopefully you'll have tons of practice. Where are you off to exactly? I think people really appreciate it if you make the effort to learn things like hello and thank you, they'll make that extra effort for you.

I'm off next Tuesday :D What about you?

Back