1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi Guest, let me just say that you are awesome for signing up to MiniMins. Your account is now validated. Your first few posts will be moderated. This is mainly to prevent spam showing on our forum. Dont worry we will get to your post most likely within 30 minutes between 8am and 11pm. Thanks again!
    Dismiss Notice

Why is it SO hard second time around?

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Returners' started by Lisav, 3 October 2007 Social URL.

1. Lisav

Lisav Well-Known Member

Hi everyone!

I dont know whether any of you will remember me, but I did lighterlife last year and lost six stone, I had a blog Lisa's Lighterlife diet - iBlog, Do You? and used to post on the discovery health and leisure website. Well I am back, I am thoroughly disappointed with myself for putting nearly all my weight back on, but I am here and going again.

I restarted last Tuesday and by Thursday had lost six pounds, but why is it SO much harder this time? I have unbeleivable cravings, cant stomach the packs and feel really miserable. I was so happy doing it last time:cry:

Its weigh in tomorrow and I am sure I will feel more positive then put I have not been 100% abstinent and have chewed food and spat it out, will it affect my ketosis - its so hard :sigh:

I am going to do it though, I need to somehow break through this feeling because I will be in a dress by my xmas party!

Wish me luck!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Hi Lisa,

Your very welcome and well done on your weight loss.

I would love to have a definitive answer for you as to why it is so hard second time around, all I know is that it just is.

As they say the first time around is the Golden Time and I think myself this is so true as since I regained by weight it has been up and down and on and off since.:break_diet:

I am back again today giving it my all, fingers crossed and :innocent0001: hopeful.

Best of luck with your Christmas party dress, have you picked one out to wear:confused:

Love Mini xxx

4. Lisav

Lisav Well-Known Member

No I havent got a dress yet, am waiting to buy a fantastic one nearer the time!

Weigh in tonight!

5. icemoose

icemoose The Diet Guy

Oh my word!! Hiya Lisa :)

How yer doing!! I remember you!!!

Good luck on the restart, anything I can do to help you need but ask.

Mike

6. Lisav

Lisav Well-Known Member

Thanks Mike! it was all because of you I started this crazy diet rememeber!!! You look amazing mate!

7. Lisav

Lisav Well-Known Member

Woohoooo! I lost eight pounds!! So second time around I have lost a stone in ten days! It might be an uphill battle, but I am pleased with that!!

8. Big H

Big H Well-Known Member

Hiya - I am on my 2nd time and had the same hard time that you are - I actually made a similar thread about How hard it is 2nd time round.

GOOD NEWS:

The 1st 2 weeks were hell 2nd time round.BUT....... since then it has been fine

So hang in there

Good luck xx

9. Lisav

Lisav Well-Known Member

Well I dont know if its got easier this week but I am not hungry any more just fighting awful cravings - weigh in tonight so I will let you know how its gone

Water flavoured ice lollies are the way forward!

10. Flossie

Flossie Member

Hi

This is my second time around to and I am now just into my 3rd week and I have to agree with you the first two weeks were a nightmare I felt really depressed but now I have got through this and having lost 16 lbs in my first two weeks I am now really positive about sticking to it at least for the next 9 weeks just in time for Christmas and the party season then I am going to join weight watchers to make sure I keep it off.
    :):p

11. Dom1979

Dom1979 Well-Known Member

Hi lisa! I remember you too! Just wanted to say hang on in there, it'll be worth it in the end!

Dom xx

12. Lisav

Lisav Well-Known Member

Ooh thanks everyone! I lost three pounds last week and weigh in is tonight

feeling much better about stuff!

13. Lisav

Lisav Well-Known Member

I lost another three pounds at last nights weigh in! thats 20 pounds loss in less than a month so I am happy!

14. Lisav

Lisav Well-Known Member

I have now lost 30 pounds in six weeks! I am thrilled and so glad that the hardest part is over! Keep going through the tough times and it does get better! Hot baths help!

15. Lisav

Lisav Well-Known Member

38 pounds lost in seven weeks!:D

it gets easier people!!

I got weighed two nights early this week as I am away on Thursday and I still lost four pounds!

16. Lisav

Lisav Well-Known Member

Actually make that nearly eight weeks!

17. Eclipse

Eclipse Well-Known Member

Well done Lisa, you are rocking an rolling now hun xxx

18. polishrose

polishrose Well-Known Member

You're doing really well :)

19. Diva

Diva Cambridge Diet Counsellor

Well done Lisa....that is really good going :) Have you bought your Xmas dress yet??

20. cah-ching

cah-ching Well-Known Member

Another inspiration ... it can be done the 2nd time around! :D

21. Diva

Diva Cambridge Diet Counsellor

It sure can...:)