Why is it soooo different 2nd time around?

Great to read this again as it hit all the right buttons!! :)

Love this thread,
s,sing is food packs only like Cambridge,Lighter Life,Lipotrim, Herbal life which contains all the vitamins,minerals and fibre your body needs .
Hope this is now a bit clearer lol Ava

"is this really about losing weight? or is this more about getting slim and staying slim?"

What a great way to put it, so many people struggle to keep the weight off once they have lost it.

Superb post, thanks.

yeh i so agree

Hi everyone.
Just came across this post and loving it.
I'm a returner too and this time round i am determined to do this right and not gain weight back!
I've got a feeling this site is going to help me a lot!
It's my 3rd week of total abstinence and i have to say i am struggling a lot more than the first time round.
I've has some problems with health over the past week and it's making me lapsing here and there which i have NEVER done before!
Now the trick for me is to stay focused and strong and i am not doing very well.
What is it in my head that's making me sabotage all the effort i've put into my weight loss??? Am i insane? How do i get my mind out of this negative place?? I've done it before for 3 months and i was absolutely fine. Why is it so much harder now??
Mags xxx

I just came across this post and thought it is so very true. I have always thought I want to be thin to look better. Now though, although I still want that, there are other reasons for example:

I want to be in less pain
I want to feel sexy
I want to be able to run after my kids
I want to be a slim bride
I want my Fiance and kids to be proud of me
I don't want my kids teased for having a fat mom
I want to be around to see my great grandkids

and more.

I have "started" a weight loss plan so many times now I have lost count but as my signature says...

It's not whether you get knocked down; it's whether you get back up again.

It's not whether you get knocked down; it's whether you get back up again.

I like that, thanks :)

I think my problem is, with "starting again".. I've failed before, in that I lost x amount of weight, and stopped. And put some back on.
So subconsciously, I'm already telling myself that a) I'm going to fail again, and b) if, no, when I do, it's ok, because I will just start again, again.

Hmm...
Need to get my head in the right place I think!

I've started dieting more times than I care to remember lol but I've finally come to realise dieting and healthy living is a skill that has to be learned..like driving. Some people pass their tests first time but others take more tries. :rolleyes:

But they get there in the end!!:D

Loved reading this post! Am starting again this week and it is with the same determination that i have started, and succeeded with, before.
I am now older and a little wiser though fingers crossed. X

What a great thread! Having lost 5 stone 9 years ago and then put three back on in the following year I have struggled ever since and never had the same motivation. Last year I changed my diet not to lose weight - I had given up - but to lower my cholesterol and guess what.... the weight is disappearing, slowly admittedly but going, without actually 'dieting'. Best of all I actually enjoy the changes I have made and have no problem sticking with them.

Love this section of MiniMins!
SilverS

I lost 3 stone about 10 years ago and have put it all back on and a couple of extra on top of that. :eek:

This time round I am determined. I know it will be hard but I'm really doing it for health reasons. I have PCOS and am a typical apple shape. I know how unhealthy I am and in the past two years have lost my Mum and Mum in Law. My Brother is having continued treatment for a bleed on the brain which is also a worry. It's really made me think about my own health and how I'm really not helping myself by continuing on this path.

My hubbie and I have always worked really hard and although not skint, have never had the money to spend on flash holidays, big plasma tvs etc. But in about 10 years time we will have paid off our mortgage and also have some cash back from a couple of investments and for once we will be a bit flush. I FULLY INTEND TO BE AROUND TO SPEND IT! :D

So that's my motivation this time around. Health and Money!!

Back