Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Why is tinned fruit synful?

Discussion in 'Syn Values' started by LisaC, 4 October 2011 Social URL.

1. LisaC

LisaC Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    My friend at work, also on SW, just opened a tin of pineapple. I told her that she needs to syn it but I can't explain why. Its described as "pineapple in its own juice" & the ingredients are "pineapple, pineapple juice". I know its synful I just can't explain anymore to her, can anyone help?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. ermintrude

ermintrude Gold Member

Start Weight:
    27st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st7.5lb
    Lost(%):
    10st5.5lb(37.65%)
    Diet:
    SW
    It's like cooked fruit, the food is already partly processed so your body doesn't have to do as much work to break it down and can just absorb the sugars a lot more easily.

Fruit in a tin is basically cooked in the heat of the canning process so the tin can be sealed and the contents last for a long time.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.