Why r sum people so negative??

Most people have been supportive most of the time, but I was upset last week. I went to the pictures with two of my best friends. They wanted to go for something to eat after, I'm happy to sit with a glass of fizzy water while folk eat, but one of them said, "are you going to eat". And when I said no, she said "well I'm not eating when you aren't, I'll feel uncomfortable". So I said. "that's your problem then, not mine". And they never went for something to eat.

At least u have that will power 2 sit and watch people eat well done,it's nice uve had a good experience so far :)..how long have u been on it?

I've not told a soul I'm doing it this way. It's no one's business how you lead your life and what routes you take to get to where you wanna go in my opinion, unless you're affecting someone else in some adverse way...which I'm not! It's a bit easier in my case as I live by myself so no-one to cook for!! And I definitely haven't been tempted by the stash of cat food yet!
This plan gets the fast results that I wanted and so motivates me to continue.
If anyone comments, there have been both positive and negative ones, I just say yeah I've cut out all the junk I used to eat and I exercise more, both of which are true!
Roll on goal!! Keep it up everyone & well done so far. Scr*w the haters!!

x S

haha I have to say the dogs food has looked more attractive than the flapjack at times :)
I think I would have poo-pooed this diet in the past but what I would now say to people is that it is a medically approved diet - by the NHS - only available by in a pharmacy and only if you attend a weekly weigh-in. If one of the side effects of coming off the diet was to regain all the weight then it wouldn't be approved. Yo-yo dieting is worse for your health than just staying fat and the NHS are not going to approve anything that doesn't work or is bad for you health.

What this diet doesn't do is teach you how to eat properly - so if you learned to eat healthy (and correct portion sizes) before you started and will continue with this way of eating you should be fine. But if you were binging on crap before you started, or being fed large portions, there is a fair chance you will go back to doing that when you've finished and pile the weight back on - unless you get a cast iron plan in place before you come off it. So you need to tell your nearest and dearest that not only is the diet safe but you will need them to support you MORE when you come off it than they need to while you are on it.

You need to find inner strenght as there is no reason why you drinking a shake or eating a doughnut should affect other people but it does doesn't it? As if you eat a doughnut then they interpret this as it's ok for them to do so too whereas if you have a shake they read the opposite message.

That is their demon to fight - you just concentrate on fighting your own, and you will win!! Don't be put off. Stay strong xxx

Oh dear! Haven't even attempted the flapjacks as I read all the awful reviews here!!
Just on the returning to eating side of things, the refeed information on the Lipotrim website is very helpful on teaching you how to eat properly! And by then your tummy has shrunk quite a bit in size so even small portions will leave you full!
You're so right about other people's demons! So glad to have this site full of like-minded people who are going through it all too. Makes it so much easier.

x S

Flapjacks aren't so bad :) I've been having one a day (coconut). I feel the need to chew on something and think it's better for the digestive system if we chew and have something solid to break down... put it this way I've not had any problems in the loo department.
I'll have a look at the lipotrim website - thanks for that - it sounds good. I think I'm going too follow the Food Doctors low GI plan when I finished. I have his diet club plan (was too hard to do last year and now it just seems like soo much food!!!) I have already ordered his book 'how not to get fat' from amazon too :)
Have a look at his website - in the shop they do healthy 'pot snacks' and precooked grains (not rice but quinoa which is a protein not a grain). I fully intend on trying these in five weeks time xxx

protein not a carb I mean!

Great plan Josie! Will defo have a gawk at that website closer to re-feed time, cheers for info. Yeah a lot of people on this forum are planning a low GI diet when they finish so it seems like the way to go. It's a plan that just makes common sense as well as scientific sense. I like quinoa too, it's so cool that it's a complete protein! I used to mix it with oatmeal & make it into porridge (those few times when I was trying to be healthy before this!) and it keeps you full for ages!
Have a great weekend hun, stay strong xx

I am following a low gi/gl refeed and maintenance plan afterwards! I didn't know the food doctor diet was low gi though so I'm really pleased about that as some of the products I've seen in supermarkets look yummy :-D Going to have a little google-ing session now haha.

Keep going everyone!! You can ALL do this! Xx

Wat is this low gi diet people talk about? X

Wat is this low gi diet people talk about? X

Have a look at this site:
Low GI Diet

It is basically low in refined carbs and starchy foods as these are broken down by the body very quickly and cause a spike in insulin followed by a crash. There is no foods to avoid you just have to make sure you eat smaller amounts and have them with slow release food (protein)
Am sure your local library will have a few books on it (try and get a GL rather than GI diet book)

Hope this helps
xx

wew1745 said:

Wow and to be able to go out with friends is really good well done :) I struggle quite a bit wen I'm out I tend 2 come home a little moody because I see everyone gettin on with there lives then I think 2 my self why am I doing this!! A quick glimpse in the dreading mirror then I remember why lol

elle82 said:
Wow and to be able to go out with friends is really good well done :) I struggle quite a bit wen I'm out I tend 2 come home a little moody because I see everyone gettin on with there lives then I think 2 my self why am I doing this!! A quick glimpse in the dreading mirror then I remember why lol

I have been out most weekends with friends, and not eaten. I wish I could eat what I want and be a normal weight, like my friends, but I can't. I am half way to my goal, though. I can't wait to be there. I'm never letting myself get fat again. X

wew1745 said:
I have been out most weekends with friends, and not eaten. I wish I could eat what I want and be a normal weight, like my friends, but I can't. I am half way to my goal, though. I can't wait to be there. I'm never letting myself get fat again. X

Half way congrats..it will be so worth it at the end..I 2 will NEVER b fat again hehe..it sounds like ur on the right track n seems u have alot of will power well done x

Shivie said:
I've not told a soul I'm doing it this way. It's no one's business how you lead your life and what routes you take to get to where you wanna go in my opinion, unless you're affecting someone else in some adverse way...which I'm not! It's a bit easier in my case as I live by myself so no-one to cook for!! And I definitely haven't been tempted by the stash of cat food yet!
This plan gets the fast results that I wanted and so motivates me to continue.
If anyone comments, there have been both positive and negative ones, I just say yeah I've cut out all the junk I used to eat and I exercise more, both of which are true!
Roll on goal!! Keep it up everyone & well done so far. Scr*w the haters!!

x S

I'm with you hun I've told no one! What I do is my business! My boyfriend knows and he told his mum!! (he can't hold his own water!) she was worried at first.... But she is the ultimate feeder!! Haha! I didn't go and see her for 2 months then when she saw me she just said you look like a different person and Lt must really suit you! Which it does! When I get to goal if I could have the shakes through the week and eat healthily at weekend I would!
And another thing.... While I'm on my soapbox!.....
Jealousy...... Is an ugly emotion! Have the last laugh girls! Pride is much more beautiful! Show the doubters what you're made of and what they haven't got the balls to do! Xxx

I had to spend an hour last night defending myself against my OH's best friend and his wife when we went to the pub last night, mostly the wife though, I think she is just jealous because on her weightwatchers diet she put on 2 and a half pounds this week where as I lost 7 =P She was just going on about why couldnt you do the same healthy eating, you will put it all back on when you start eating propoer food.... sometimes I wonder if these people even know how weight loss/gain works? I had to proceed to explain that no, as long as I am not eating MORE calories than Im burning I wont put the weight on, I cant wait to show people that I can keep the weight off =D xxx

Simple answer is just that they are jealous that we are making an effort to lose weight, and jealous that we are succeeding. Most of the time I find, its the people who are borderline overweight who can lose a few pounds that tend to be rather negative about the whole thing. They aren't willing to make an effort to lose the weight, but at the same time, want you to remain at the weight you are just so they will can have a superior feeling of being a little less 'fat' than you.

I think one of the comments that is the most common is that 'Wow you have lost so much weight you look unhealthy. I think you look A LOT BETTER BEFORE'.

That is just pure lies. For loved ones and those who know and really care about you and were worried about your weight before, they will be the ones who will be happy for you.

Best thing to do is to avoid the negative people and don't let whatever they are saying discourage you. Keep at it until you reach your target weight. I have reached my target weight, and most people mentioned how good I looked! And in addition to that, my total cholesterol from a high 6.6, dropped down to a very normal 4.4.

Oh, and btw, my weight has remained stable since 2010 despite being back to a normal diet, minus a lot of the previous junk that I was eating before!

So there. Good luck and keep at it!

Well done for maintaining what an achievement good to know it can be done :) x

Back