Wibbly wobbly, wirey diary :)

Woke up today and again wasn't sure what kind of plan to follow today, so had my fave breakfast at the moment: weetabix (HEB), yoghurt and strawberries. Then at lunch I fancied SAUSAGES! Oh yeah, so had 2 WW ones (1 syn), plus an onion, mushroom and cheese omelette. So after that I figured I'd do a red day, and eyed up the steaks in the fridge :p

Got called into work for a few hrs today, but it's ok...I'm a student and I need the money!! Got home to find a delicious meal waiting for me! Steak with peppercorn sauce (3 syns, if that! Only had a spoonful), roasted mushrooms, peppers and tomato, plus sweet potato wedges! OMG Devine!! Now I can't syn the sweet potatoes on a red day, but seeing as I probably won't need another HEA or HEB I guess I can count my day as being EE! Result! And only used 4 syns too!

Eeeeek, but it's Great British Bake Off later, so will need to arrange a selection of low syn snacks to pick on while watching it: a curly wurly (6 syns), a mini milk (1 1/2 syns) and a fruit/jelly/yoghurt combo (1/2 syn) are all on the cards....we shall see what I fancy!

Back to uni tomorro and am going to try and resist the Toby Carvery. I've been shopping and have picked up wholemeal pitta breads (the ones we can have as HEB), coleslaw mix, turkey rashers and LF cheese, plus some more yoghurts . I'm gonna make myself the cutest packed lunch!! ;)

Oh and here was my dinner...

image-2073690433.jpg

Feel free to drool :)

Rouuunnnnddduuupppppp...

Breakfast: weetabix (HEB), strawberries and yoghurt.

Lunch: WW sausages (1 syn), mushroom, red onion and cheese (HEA) omelette

Dinner: Steak, peppercorn sauce (3 syns), sweet potato, roasted peppers, mushrooms and tomato

Snacks: curly wurly (6 syns)

So an EE day, 10 syns and around 1200 cals. Not bad at all.

Rouuunnnnddduuupppppp...

Breakfast: weetabix (HEB), strawberries and yoghurt.

Lunch: WW sausages (1 syn), mushroom, red onion and cheese (HEA) omelette

Dinner: Steak, peppercorn sauce (3 syns), sweet potato, roasted peppers, mushrooms and tomato

Snacks: curly wurly (6 syns)

So an EE day, 10 syns and around 1200 cals. Not bad at all.

Oooh, lovely food

Soooooo.. I THINK it's another EE day today, but need to check if its ok...

Breakfast: 1 alpen light (3 1/2 syns)
Lunch: pitta bread (HEB), homemade coleslaw with extra light mayo (1 syn), turkey rashers
Dinner (early as I'm working tonight): homemade lasagne made with lean beef (4 syns as not extra lean), loads of roasted onions, peppers, courgettes, tomatoes and mushrooms, wholemeal pasta and a cream cheese and egg topping (2 1/2 syns).
Snacks: 200ml Koko chocolate milk (HEA)

So 12 syns so far today and I've still got to get thru a shift at work :/

Had all of the above, managed to survive the evening shift on a banana and a yoghurt. Finished on an EE day, 12 syns and around 1200 calories.

I put my details into an app on my phone and it told me off for not having enough for breakfast! Ill try and please it more tomorrow ;)

Dammit I keep forgetting to take photos! Oh well :/
Back to college properly today: straight in with work and headaches!
B:alpen light (1/2 HEB), banana
L: pitta (HEB), homemade coleslaw (1 syn), quorn peppered steak, jacket potato and beans! Beast!!!!
D: smash, roasted peppers, onions and tomatoes, cheese (HEA), quorn pepperoni (2 syns).

So been good today exxxcccceeeeppptttt I'm now going out for a "couple of drinks"....and we all know what that means!! I can have 4 vodka and diet cokes without going over my syns, plus I have saved a few this week so far....we shall see ;)

I know they always say to only eat until satisfied, but I couldn't help but just have a massive plate of Linda McCartney sausages and eggs. I know this is free food, but it's still kinda naughty! Oh well....felt good :)

B:alpen light (1/2 HEB), mullerlight
L: potato skins cooked in some oil (HEB), with beans and cheese (HEA)
D: 4 LM sausages, 10 pieces of quorn pepperoni, 2 eggs, laughing cow cheese (HEA)

Got work again now (literally an hr break between college finishing and work starting!), so will take a banana, a yoghurt and another alpen light with me just in case.

Trying not to use syns today as had 7 vodka and cokes yesterday (17 1/2 syns) plus a curly wurly (6 syns). So went well over my allowance. I'm happy with my yoghurts tho, and will be straight into bed tonight after work anyway.

Boring day for food. Sometimes I crave sweet food just because I can't think of anything nice to cook! Spent £30 on food shopping, in addition to the £30 already spent this week :/ This isn't a cheap diet! Bought some lovely stuff for my red day tomorro tho: gammon with a herby crust :p NOM!

Still, here's today's boring food;
B: (late) 2 sml jacket potatoes, laughing cow triangles (1/2 HEA), beans
L: 2 alpen lights (HEB)
D: potato, cheese (1 1/2 HEA), L/F cottage cheese, homemade coleslaw (1 syn), pitta bread (HEB), quorn ham
S: WW baked crisps (4 syns), mullerlight, curly wurly (6 syns)

So 11 syns and around 1300 cals :)

Hey thank you :) I haven't dared to weigh myself again yet tho :/ I will do it when I feel my clothes getting looser....maybe in a month haha!!

Yeah it feels wrong to syn yr alcohol too...like surely so many calories shouldn't come from a liquid!! However, if I drink 'normally' I know I'd 1) drink loads, 2) spend loads, 3) go for a burger, 4) have an horrendous hangover and 5) regret everything! But being conscious of what I'm having just makes me think twice about what I'm having, and also means I nurse my drinks more: I'd normally drink 2 vodkas by the time a mate had done their first pint, but now I ask for vodka in a tall glass with extra diet coke so that it lasts longer. Saying all that tho, I'm going out for a wrap party for a film I was working on, on Tuesday night....it's bound to get messy!!

I'm looking forward to roasting my gammon later. I was shopping after work yesterday in Asda and it took twice as long as normal as I was Googling the syn value of everything!! I found some lovely looking ready to cook meat dishes that were 3 for £10 that I can't wait to try, and according to the forums should be low syn! They were; 3 cheese and herb crusted gammon (thought it was odd being syn free, but I guess the idea is that you wouldn't eat a tonne of it anyway!), pepper coated rump steaks, and a Cajun chicken. I'll double check the syns on these before I cook them, but tbh they look so nice I'll risk the syns!

I'll be doing the gammon with some roasted butternut squash, red peppers and onions :p

Had a great Sunday breakfast too, which was a good thing as have spent the last couple of hrs tidying the house and rearranging the living room so that I can fit in an extra bookcase for all my college books. So my breakfast was: good old WW sausages (OMG I just remembered that I cooked 4 but only had 2....there's 2 in the fridge just waiting to be eaten!!!) (1 syn), tinned tomatoes, egg, 3 turkey rashers, 2 WM bread toasted (HEB) with some LF cream cheese (1 syn). Very tasty.

After moving everything around felt peckish: too early to do the gammon, so had a bowl of sliced banana with a WW yoghurt and an alpen light (1/2 HEB) sprinkled on top. Nom.

image-1926120598.jpg

Will post pics of the gammon too later. Going to watch a film (homework) first, then start chopping the veg ready.

Happy Sunday!

X

So here it is...
Gammon, red onions, herby slow roasted butternut squash (1 syn for the amount of frylight), and we had no red peppers so I did a 1/2 HEB portion of beans mixed with tinned tomatoes, chili powder and Worcester sauce. I'm most satisfied now, but also looking forward to the chocolate mousse and rum and coke I plan on having later.

Well I've got to be up for college the next morning, so I can't get toooooo wrecked ?

I'll try and stick to the vodka n cokes, but I know the place we go to do the most divine rum and absinthe mojitos, which I doubt I will be able to resist! I think 2 of those will be my syn limit gone!

I enjoyed my one rum n coke tonight tho: went straight to my head! ;)

So today I've had 14 syns in all and around 1400 cals. Not bad going considering how tasty everything was today!

Tomorrow I plan on having another red day, so leftover gammon with fried eggs for breakfast maybe? It looks like I'm going to be an extra in a film tomorrow too, so I had better take something with me to snack on: banana, WW crisps, alpen bar etc.

Off to bed in a sec.

Night alllll!!

Just had a quick walk into town and did a rekkie of the 99p Store. Got a few bargains: weight watchers s&v hoops, cheesey velvet crunch and a 5 pack of curly wurlys, all much cheaper than asda/tesco. I've whinged before about diets being expensive, but I think once I know where all the deals are, I'll make myself walk to all the different shops, instead of being lazy and just getting it all in one place (and spending more!). Next time I'll visit Home Bargains...stock up on smash ;)

Oh and today so far I've had..
B: 1 weetabix (1/2 HEB), banana, WW yoghurt
L: WM pitta (HEB), homemade coleslaw (1 syn), gammon leftovers, WW hoops (4 syns), WW yoghurt. 200ml Koko chocolate milk.

I plan on having cod in parsley sauce, butternut squash 'chips' and broccoli later. It's been ages since I've had broccoli as I've really gone off it! I hope having it with some tasty fish and maybe a HEA of cheese on top will make me like it again.

Aaaaarrrghhh!!! I've got the proper munchies right now! :( Just tried to tame it by having a slightly warmed mullerlight with an alpen bar on top, but all I fancy is cheese on toast! I've already used all my HEB's :( 2 hrs till I start cooking dinner too, and I know I'll be stuffing my face haha!!!

Hubba Hubba what a stunning supper! Totally worth the wait thru the agonising munchies! I had 2 portions of youngs cod in parsley sauce (3 syns), butternut squash 'chips' (1 syn for frylight), roasted tomatoes, broccoli with melted cheese (HEA). It was beautiful! It may have taken an hour in total to prepare and cook, but really worth the wait! Butternut squash seems to be my saviour on red days as a great potato substitute....in fact I'd day I would rather have them than the boring SW chips, which only ever taste dry and dull.

I am however thinking of getting an actifry, if I can get one cheap enough. I never really ate chips before, but at the moment they seem to be a bit of a staple. I think I'd like to try cooking sweet potato fries in it, or some kind of home made scampi? I shall investigate further...

Back