Wii EA active or Wii fit log (daily)

Oh Teresa! What have you started? I did 2 15 min core workouts yesterday, today I did a 30 minute one! What a difference!That Maya is a psycho! Lots of side crunches! "get your shoulder blades off the floor!" HOW! and the roll like a ball! I may be shaped like one! But I can't get my head near my knees for my belly! It must have done some good as my ribs ache like mad! I haven't tried the flexibility one yet! Do I dare? But thankyou for pointing me to this, I probably wouldn't have bothered! (and it used up 78cals!)

Day 8 of EASA and burned 172 cals! Should go some way to correcting my overindulgences over the weekend!

Hey ladies - i just a wii and im looking into the ea sports - where did you all get urs from - also im goin on hols in 3wks and dont want to start the 30 challegne - what other things are on it and what type of muscle do they work - im needing to tone all over but mostly thighs and bum
thanks

Hey ladies

Wow look at all you doing soooo well

Well im waiting for kids to go back to school before i hit the wii etc and swimming, but was watching the telly the other night and i noticed a good dvd for exercising

now its called core rhythm and looks really good, or zumba which looks good, but what about mfc, ive not got this and is it any good for belly and top legs or not. I have found the first two very cheap on the net so i dont no which one to go for.

Keep up good work ladies and wow to how many have added to convo's, i will be back hopefully end of week with some sort of form of exercise hehehe :D

Well day 4 for me and I did the hard workout again for the second day running - why oh why??? It was actually ok, except I had to do two sets of bloomin' jump lunges - my god!!! They are evil! The second set was slightly easier than the first though, so I'm going to count that as progress! x

VITFA I got my EA sports active off ebay and paid under thirty quid, but had to wait for ages to get it. The woman blamed the postal strikes but that was rubbish. Had it since Thursday and very happy!

Jacqui - I'm interested in Zumba too. I think someone on here has commented on a different thread that they have been doing it and are really enjoying it, but i can't remember who that was! x

I got mine from Amazon, it was here in 3 days!
Jacqui MFC isn't really in the same league as MFC but it's under £10!. It has yoga, cardio, core, upper body and lower body, flexibility and if you put your stats in then you can choose weightloss. The drawback is you have to do a challenge every so often which blocks you doing any more workouts (but you can flick thro ) and you can say during a workout if it's too hard ok or too easy and the virtual trainer makes it easier/harder for the next one. I must say I can feel my abs today!. Oh and if you've got hand weights/ swiss ball etc then it's factored in, tho I use my hand weights when she doesn't tell me as well.

Jacqui - I'm interested in Zumba too. I think someone on here has commented on a different thread that they have been doing it and are really enjoying it, but i can't remember who that was! x[/QUOTE]

Im going to have a look between zumba and core rhythm but core looks really good and i found them both for under 16 quid so im still stuck, dunno about mfc as ive been watching it on youtube to see if any good but when get money through will be investing in another yet exercise product lolol

p.s. judimac i did reply to message hope you got it :) and hope you are good hun xx

Did Day 8 yesterday, finding the inline skating very hard. Managed to do the long run the whole way round perfect woo hoo :D My stomach muscles are sore this morning so think its from doing the tennis where you have to do forward and backward swings! Day 9 this evening she is going to introduce me to more volleyball!

camsmum, yes the Wii is pretty good at exercising. I'm not sure that that the WiiFit board is essential though. My favourite software is now My Fitness Coach and that doesn't use the board at all. However, I still use the WiiFit to weigh me and give me body BMI and WiiFit age. I also use the board with EA Sports Active.

The WiiFit is very good for beginners and it's very easy to do. As it tracks your progress and lets you set goals it's very motivating and I've managed to exercise nearly every day.

I've bought some hand weights and I've used them for the first time today with MFC for an upper body workout. I always do 30 minutes with MFC as the first half is warmup and cardio and then the second half focuses on something else like core body. I always feel really good afterwards. EA Sports Active is also very good but I prefer MFC.

My son keeps on trying to join in with me especially when I'm on the floor as he tries to sit on me. It makes it a lot more challenging.

I am amazed at how quickly I'm feeling the benefits of daily whole body exercise. My back is so much better and I feel so much fitter and stronger. Yesterday I went shopping with my son and had no trouble pushing him round in his wheelchair. Normally it would really tire me out. Also I seem to do so much more in the day. Half an hour of exercise seems to gain me a couple of hours of doing extra things. I'm really motivated to keep this going.

Just one problem. We've just had a new carpet in the lounge and at this rate I'm going to wear it out in a couple of years.

Hi Camsmum! I can't believe how much exercise I'm doing now! 8 weeks ago I was doing nothing, now I do about an hour 5 days a week. Now I prefer Sports Active to MFC, I feel it works me harder, but I've started MFC for the core exercises as SA doesn't target your abs. I don't really use Wiifit any more tho I weigh myself and do abit of the yoga, oh and if I'm in the mood I sometimes do half an hour of free step while watching tv. It'll come into it's own during the winter when the weather is foul! I see Fitness First have a new game coming out ? this month which sounds like SA. I'll track it's reviews on amazon to see if it's any good.

No it works by itself, but if you have hand weights or a step or swiss ball or heart rate monitor then you can say you've got one and it will be included in your workout.I daredn't say I have the ball, I fell off it last time I tried it and bruised my ribs :eek:

Well as it's my day off I've gone mad as usual!
DAY9 on medium, an upper body workout and a 30 min core workout on MFC! Total 310 cals!

It doesn't even need a nunchuck. However you can use hand weights, ball, heartrate monitor and something else that I can't remember. You just tell it that which you have. I've just bought hand weights to help with upper body exercises.

I now have my wii fit!! Thanks for the advise, I have already set my profile up and I think it will be really handy for me to keep track of my progress. The kids have had a lot of fun this afternoon with it, but they go back to school tomorrow and don't go back to work until Monday so hopefully I get to use it tomorrow! I am going to see if I can get one of the other games you have mentioned and give them a go. Thanks again:)

Did day 10 this morning before work. My goodness walking up the stairs was a battle!!! It was all lunges and running!!! But have lost an inch off each thigh and an inch off each upper arm and ive only been doing this for 2 weeks. WOO HOO :D

Well I am still on the "hard" setting and enjoying the challenge! 194 cals burned today! Whoop whoop! This has to be making a difference! I'm hoping for a loss this Monday at wi, but either way I look forward to measuring myself next week to see what the inches say. I'm not doing all these bloomin' jump squats for nowt!

Back