Wii EA active or Wii fit log (daily)

Well im on day 6 which is rest day. Felt yesterdays workout didnt really test me much as it was mostly arm work with just a run at the end to cool down, although projected calories were 132 and i managed 145! So I made up a workout of my own and did it twice last night! :eek: consisting of basketball, boxing, baseball, tennis and dancing

Also first major weigh-in tonight, dont feel like ive lost much tho :cry:but know im toning up as on day one i needed the little extender added to the leg belt and yesterday had to take it off as the belt kept falling down!!! :D

My weightloss slowed down for 4 weeks after I started, but my measurements plummeted, and now I'm back to losing what I was before I started. So get your tape measure out and don't be downhearted if you don't lose much.But don't overdo it!

I did Day 4 on medium just before lunch, and got 153 cals! My best ever (in one go!) Think I'll try a workout on My fitness Coach later. I fancy a gold medal!

Wii Fit

Hi, I am actually looking for groups (like Slimming World) of women that use Wii Fit as part of of their weight loss programmes for the new Nintendo Christmas Adverts, do you do this as a groups or on your own?

Thanks

I'm on day 6 now. I had to increase to medium after a couple of days as it felt a bit easy. The most surprising thing is the effect that it has had on my back. I have a lot of lower back problems but since starting with EA Active my back feels so much better. This has given me a very strong incentive to continue.

I've also just had my weigh in and was very surprised to have lost 2lb. Normally I lose less than that and I wasn't expecting to lose so much. Perhaps it's because I go to the gym once a week, though not every week, so I've already got a bit of fitness.

I've not suffered much with sore muscles, just a bit at the top of my thighs at the back. One thing I've noticed is that there are no stretching routines before and after the exercises. These help quite a bit at preventing sore muscles. When I used to go to step aerobics classes we always stretched at the beginning and end. I'm not stretching during my sessions now, but if I start suffering more with sore muscles, then I will.

I've just ordered My Fitness Coach as it's only £9.79 at Amazon. It will be interesting to see how it differs.

The latest research shows there's really no advantage to stretching before you exercise, it doesn't prevent injury, and the jury is very much out on afterwards as well so I wouldn't worry!

Zoe we do our wii exercises on our own but we record on here (and the exercise section )what we have done.

Ooh you've all inspired me to get back on EA Active, got it in June was really good for the first 6 weeks and now it's gathering dust! Thanks all. x

It's arrived! My EA Active finally arrived! Shame I had just had my jacket potato for lunch, because I couldn't wait and hopped on the old wii straight away despite feeling a bit full! But it didn't matter, I love it! I especially love being told that I "own that exercise" and other entertaining expressions from the funny trainer man. (yes, i chose the man)

I'm very excited and inspired by all your success and now cannot wait to measure myself and see the results! How long should I give it, a week do you think before it shows?

Oh, and I'm amazing at volleyball. Who knew???!! Thanks everyone for inspiring me! xxx

Great stuff! (I don't like the woman!) I left it 2 weeks before I measured myself again. I lost 1.5lbs but lost 2" each off my waist and hips!
I need to let my tea down before I get on SA again!

Well day two and my thighs and arms are definitely feeling it! How many lunges did that man make me do today? Felt like every other workout was lunges?! :eek: But i worked up an actual sweat and burned 165 cals (predicted 143) so whoop whoop! :woohoo:

Supposed to be a rest day tomorrow, but screw that - I'm going to do some more volleyball and tennis i think...might give the lunges and the running a rest though! Even though the man said I was "awesome" at them and that I showed him "what great looks like". Aren't Americans funny? :crazy:

I did day 5 yesterday and upped it from medium to hard! 190 cals! It's a rest day today so I shall ramp it up tomorrow, and thru the weekend!

Day 6 this morning, but dropped it back to medium. (I have to look after my tendons at my age!) Side lunges, in line skating (which is finally getting easier!) but the kick-ups :eek: I really hate the fast ones!
Projected burn 141 cals and I managed 156, so well pleased, and will do something this afternoon, probably My Fitness Coach. I told the dreaded Maya it was too easy last time so lets see what she does!
I got a letter from my old gym this morning touting their over 50 classes! Cheek!

You don't need no gym! You've got a whole fitness suite in your front room!
:character00116:

I chose a little sporty workout for this morning learning how to play baseball, tennis and volleyball. I burned 135 cals (expected 114) and today I was told I was "a workout machine" and that "i've got the skills to pay the bills". Oh yes. Shame I now have a right arm like jelly and a left arm that feels totally normal. I'm going to look like half popeye and half olive oyl. :rolleyes:

I've had great fun reading this thread and will be watching out for all your updates.

Once I'm in the position to do so I plan to buy a Wii and WiiFit and now active sports too.

You're all doing so well. Congratulations.

I've been doing My Fitness Coach the last couple of days and it's giving me a really hard workout. It correctly says that my main goal is to lose weight and yesterday I did a half hour cardio workout which really had me sweating. I was very thankful for the drink break halfway through. Today I did a half hour core body workout and that consisted of loads of crunches and other torture for my abdominal muscles which are non existent. It's years since I did any exercises using my abdominals.

I'm really enjoying working out at home and it's quite easy to fit in. Yesterday my son found it extremely funny to join in and had lots of fun although he kept on getting in my way. At least it got him away from the TV.

I really wish I'd done this years ago.

I haven't tried the core workout on MFC, I think I'll give it a go as I'm finding the cardio a bit repetitive.I did a half hours cardio yesterday and an upper body workout on EASA. 1 1/2 hours exercise.

Day 7 on medium this morning, and I can really feel my thighs! It was lunge city! 156 cals.

Well, Day 3 and I upped it to the higher intensity today and had to do a million side lunges, jump squats and the in line skating without the balance board for the first time - oh my, now I know what all the inline skating fuss was all about! Yes, that was challenging! But it was all worth 165 cals which is great. I've got my weigh in tomorrow and I've been a bit off the rails in recent weeks so wanted to make sure I get a good workout today - every little helps on those scales! I need a loss!!! :innocent0001: We will see....x

Thanks to Teresa's post I've done 30 mins on core exs on MFC. I always knew my abs were there somewhere! Now I can really feel them! It's good to target them as I don't feel EASA works them enough.

Judi, well done for having a go at your abs. I really hate the crunches but I think it's really important not to neglect them as they are at the core of our bodies. Also, they'll pull our tummies in and hopefully when we get to target weight we'll have nice flat tummies.

Back