WII Fit Plus

Wii Hula Hooping!!!

Hi Sue,

Have you seen the photos of Michelle Obama hula hooping at the White House to promote healthy lifestyles for children? Experts estimated she made 142 "hoop loops" before the hoop fell. Maybe we should start training for challenge? I think SWBT might get in on this? lol

MM

P.S. Bought Wii Active yesterday, but will wrap it to be a gift from Santa. The Wii was two years ago, the Wii Fit last year, and so forth. (However, I am going to use the WiiFitPLus now... I need to start moving or the losing will not be enough, soon enough.)

Just bought my Wii Fit Plus and I am VERY happy with it! Looks great fun and is pretty acurate with weight and BMI!
Lets hope it helps to shift those inches!

Hi Minniemel

A challenge sounds good to me. How about training now and start the challenge in January?

Have done the steps last couple of days, the one where you just step on and off to the clicks of the remote, did 800 day before yesterday and just over 900 yesterday. Think I will definately do this daily as well as what I do on WII Active.

Cool Challenge!

Hi Minniemel

A challenge sounds good to me. How about training now and start the challenge in January?

Have done the steps last couple of days, the one where you just step on and off to the clicks of the remote, did 800 day before yesterday and just over 900 yesterday. Think I will definately do this daily as well as what I do on WII Active.

Hi Sue,

The sun is out here... Yeah! My OH, daughter and I all finally got out the WiiFt and used the WiiFitPlus disk I got a couple of weeks ago.
It was a blast -- the multi-player option really makes it worthwhile. You were right about the hula hooping... my husband is so competitive (he beat me! and I can really hula hoop and he can't: no hips) that I think he will be willing to do this with me and the girl. It'll be nice to have a family fitness activity.
So, should I start training on the step programme? What will the competition be? We have time to think on this.

Got to go to work... MM

Loving Wii Fit Plus!! Been playing on it for an hour this morning (Aerobics and Yoga and a few balance games).
Just wondering - what are your routines on the game?
Do you go on for a set time each day and do set things?

Hi Sue,

The sun is out here... Yeah! My OH, daughter and I all finally got out the WiiFt and used the WiiFitPlus disk I got a couple of weeks ago.
It was a blast -- the multi-player option really makes it worthwhile. You were right about the hula hooping... my husband is so competitive (he beat me! and I can really hula hoop and he can't: no hips) that I think he will be willing to do this with me and the girl. It'll be nice to have a family fitness activity.
So, should I start training on the step programme? What will the competition be? We have time to think on this.

Got to go to work... MM

Hi MinniMel

Will have to think about a challenge, just going to do the steps, so will think about what we can do when doing it (will stop me thinking about chocolate!)

Hi MinnieMel and anyone who would like to join in

Given it some thought! You can set duration of time of both free step and super hula hoop eg I have just done

Free step
1994 steps in 20 mins burning 93 kal
Super Hula hoop
768 spins in 4 mins burning 24 cal

How about a challenge to see how many steps/spins in however much time each person thinks they can manage? (dont overdo it)

Have burnt 117 cal today doing just these 2 items in 24 mins! Mind you I could have eaten a chocolate bar in less time and eaten more cals. Who said dieting/exercise was easy :sigh:

hi all i have the wii fit and have been doing it on and off for a few months usually when the kids have gone to bed, i was thinking about getting the wii fit plus and after reading the comments i think i will have to get one.:)

goal 1:end november - 247lbs
goal 2:end dec - 242lbs
goal 3:end jan 10- 237lbs
goal 4: end feb 10 - 232lbs
this is just to start with as i have lots and lots to lose:cry:

Last edited:
Hi ClaireH,

Then I guess you will be training for Sue's after Christmas challenge!
Welcome.

MM

Will try to do this

Hi MinnieMel and anyone who would like to join in

Given it some thought! You can set duration of time of both free step and super hula hoop eg I have just done

Free step
1994 steps in 20 mins burning 93 kal
Super Hula hoop
768 spins in 4 mins burning 24 cal

How about a challenge to see how many steps/spins in however much time each person thinks they can manage? (dont overdo it)

Have burnt 117 cal today doing just these 2 items in 24 mins! Mind you I could have eaten a chocolate bar in less time and eaten more cals. Who said dieting/exercise was easy :sigh:

Hi Sue,

This sounds like a worthy challenge... but can we keep it to minutes and steps/hoops? The less you weigh the fewer calories you burn, and it will get harder to burn so many as you slim for the same amount of time/activity.

MM

Hi MinnieMel

Sounds fine to me. Mins Steps/Hoops.

Do we want 2 new threads and keep posting in those? Are we going to train and start in Jan or do you want to start now and see the improvements?

Sue

I feel such a fool when hula hooping, i've got zero rhythm in my hips!! But makes me kids laugh, I'll give the challenge a go tonight and see how I fair, I like the steps when you can watch the tv but I do tend to get bored with it.

I set myself a routine this am, it lasted just over 20 and I felt I had a great workout with some fun of the snow-balling and things thrown in. I really do rate that part of the WF+

Glad to see everyone enjoying it.

Train now start in January

Hi MinnieMel

Sounds fine to me. Mins Steps/Hoops.

Do we want 2 new threads and keep posting in those? Are we going to train and start in Jan or do you want to start now and see the improvements?

Sue

Hi Sue,

Let's train now and start in January and we can start a new thread for steps and another for hoops -- and post in those. I'd hate to cop out on doing this, and if we start now and I certain that all the Christmas stuff will get in the way. (My son is coming back from the States where he is going to uni -- and he probably won't be a distraction, as I expect he'll be out with his friends... but he is bringing his 15 year old female cousin with him and I am going to be taking her to London, etc. with my 10 year old daughter.)
So, I'll train for now...

MM

Hi MM

Ok we'll start the threads in Jan, should be fun!

Hi Sweetheart, my neighbours laugh when they see me doing the hoola hooping, but when I have a flat stomach I will be the one laughing, or crying as I've never yet had a flat stomach!

Flat stomach

Hi MM

Ok we'll start the threads in Jan, should be fun!

Hi Sweetheart, my neighbours laugh when they see me doing the hoola hooping, but when I have a flat stomach I will be the one laughing, or crying as I've never yet had a flat stomach!

Hey Sue,

I used to have a flat stomach... even after giving birth to my son who was 9 lbs 4 oz. But, my daughter was 10 lbs 2 oz and they had to do a c-section to get her out -- and I afraid without a tummy tuck no matter how thin I get -- it'll never be flat again. She was worth it, though.

MM

I had a c-section with my 1st and sometimes I despair at the scar and the "apron" I've got but I'd not change it due to with-out it I'd be without my dd.

Well, I'm sweaty now (like you wanted to know that! lol) I put on the 6min super hula hoop.....ouch!! Did 1930 total spins, and now my toes hurt! That put my top of the board, cant see me being able to beat that again, but it'll be a laugh trying.

Hi Sweetheart,

Wow! That's some serious hooping. My husband says it makes his toes hurt, too.

MM

Hopefully get some "practice" in today, feel more like saying playing though.
Does anyone find they are better going one way rather than the other?

Back