WII Fit Plus

Wow what a great thread! I got my Wii and Balance Board for my birthday in July as an attempt to lose weight... and I put on a stone as it gained dust. It's now moved to a different TV, where I can get peace to play! And I'm aiming for an hour a day, I've also just bought the Wii Fit Plus too! It such great motivation seeing the calories you are burning!

I hadn't heard of the Wii Active until I read this thread, and it's on my list for Santa - as well as the Dance Mat for the Wii!

These challenges sound amazing - no-one else at home uses my wii, so it makes it difficult for me to challenge myself against someone but this sounds fab! Will definitely be joining in!

Wow what a great thread! I got my Wii and Balance Board for my birthday in July as an attempt to lose weight... and I put on a stone as it gained dust. It's now moved to a different TV, where I can get peace to play! And I'm aiming for an hour a day, I've also just bought the Wii Fit Plus too! It such great motivation seeing the calories you are burning!

I hadn't heard of the Wii Active until I read this thread, and it's on my list for Santa - as well as the Dance Mat for the Wii!

These challenges sound amazing - no-one else at home uses my wii, so it makes it difficult for me to challenge myself against someone but this sounds fab! Will definitely be joining in!

Hi Saarage,

I am getting the Active for Christmas and have the Dance Revolution Game and dance mat.... but I was not very good at it, and it frustrating. However, after I survive the post-Christmas challenge I might get it back out and give it another go.

MM

here you all are :hug99:
do i know you sweetheart???
anyway im just finding my way around wii fit plus and im loving the marching band, kung fu and ok i admit it the chicken one (but only with the curtains closed) :eek:
just got to find out all the other bits work on it now
oh and i have the jog attachment just to give me an extra connection wire to hit myself in the head with :banana dancer:

Hi Cambscrafter --

Out of curiousity... what is your craft? I do loads of different ones (scrapbooking, sewing, etc.).

MM

im a scrapbooker and sometimes turn my hand to card making, but i love making things with my beautiful grand-daughters we have great fun..

Hey Maxine,

I scrapbook, too. My good friend makes cards, but I do want to put that work into something that someone might throw away. Her cards are stunning.

MM

Morning everyone (Hi Mum)
Started some routines this morning but got kicked off my dd1 who wanted to do the yoga poses. Will get on it again today though and do free stepping.

Hope everyone is well

I did some free stepping yesterday but didnt write down my total, is there a way of seeing the leaderboard or previous scores?
I did 10minutes muscle workout yesterday, my gosh! I can certainly feel it in my abs even with just 10 minutes. So today I'm resting them and going to do 10 (well probably 15minutes) of the yoga workout. Its great how it flows from one pose to another, really helps to get into it rather than messing around chosing bits, I am very impressed with how its keeping my interest.
I'm aiming to do all sections on sunday, thats almost 90minutes I think and covers pretty much all the games/activites. If not this sunday it's going to be my challenge for christmas.

How is everyone else getting on?

morning all,
wow Gemma thats quite a challenge, must admit i havent got pass the marching band and kung fu yet, having loads of fun, even had "M" (my mum) on the chicken flying one yesterday although she managed to turn around and land on a house roof :banghead: she laughed for ages...
i promise to have a real sit down with the instruction book and have a good read, well someday :flirt2:

I had great fun last night on playing the cycling game, and I did a 30 minute free step while watching I'm a Celeb! The time passes so quickly! I must have looked very silly though because as the Wii suggested, I took two tins of soup and used them as weights so worked out my arms at the same time. Expected to wake up this morning in absolute agony, but feeling fab! I still haven't managed to will myself on to the yoga and muscle exercises though!

Hi Ladies,

Your reports are inspirational... I will have try more things.

MM

How are you doing on your WiiFits?

MM

I'm disappointed in myself tonight, was aiming for a 6 min go on super hula, and my whole right side got horrendous cramp so i had to give up after only 200 spins (previous record was like 1600!).

I did complete 30 minutes free stepping, but I'm really disappointed at my hula attempt. I will have to try harder tomorrow!

Hi Saraagee -- 1600 hoops! That's like three times by best. I am not a big believer on "on working through the pain". I think it is better to let it pass, rather than risk a more serious injury and then not be able to work out for a longer period. The pain is telling you something. Try not to be disappointed... if you feel better today, then be relieved. :)

MM

i think i might have ago at hula hooping, havent found it yet. that will be my challenge this afternoon might manage 10 or so

I have discovered I am cr*p at going anticlockwise!

Its been about a week and I still cannot spin the bloody hoops!

I'm pretty good at the step thingy, and it makes me laugh, if nothing else!

Hi all, hows it going?
Saraaagee, I hope you have recovered now, sounds painful.
I didnt get a chance to go on the WI+ over the weekend so it'll probably feel like hard-work when I have a go today.

Back