Wii fit zumba or just dance?

missk

I have various exercise games for the wii and was thinking of buying one of the above. I have read reviews ranging from "absolute rubbish to not bad", anyone on here got a first hand view on either?

I've got Just Dance 2 and it's not bad! I bought it because I thought dancing would be more fun than doing arobics, plus I can't dance so I thought I might pick up some moves, but I've far from mastered it!

I was a bit worried because not being particularly hip and young I was slightly concerned about the tracks, but I know pretty much most of them and they come from a range of decades (track list can be found here: News: Just Dance 2 track list revealed - ComputerAndVideoGames.com). Each track has two ratings, one for how technical it is, and one for how much it makes you sweat. You can pick and choose the ones you like, or even a 'just sweat' option which I'll admit I've not been brave enough to try yet but I'm assuming it's a certain length of time work out. Some of the tracks are duets - but you can do them on your own - so it might be fun if you had a willing partner.

I would say that being a bit uncordinated myself it's not always that easy to follow what I'm supposed to be doing, and only after doing the same dance several times have I sort of got the hang of it. I do enjoy it though, and I like trying to beat my previous score.

I've not tried Zumba so can't compare it, but if floundering about your sitting room and building up a sweat sounds like fun then you might enjoy Just Dance.

[My favorite is MIKA - "Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)" ;)]

I have both just dance's and zumba.

I like the just dance for when I wanna have a bit of fun and dance an hour or so away. Its good at keeping you moving but I get bored easily with the same songs and moves.

Zumba, well im loving this! I cant keep up with all the moves she's too fast for me! I just do them slightly slower. I find it alot more challenging and the more you do the more you unlock so theres more to look forward to. I sweat buckets on this too!!

Out of the two I'd say Zumba will get you fitter quicker, just dance I believe is more for having fun - think this game would be better with 2 people doing it so you can challenge each other!

I have Just Dance 2 and Zumba, but have to confess to only using each once.

Thanks.
Have brought the zumba one today Need more of a good workout so thought this one might be best

Back