will anyone else miss the shakes/soups?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by LizzMB, 29 August 2009 Social URL.

1. LizzMB

LizzMB WILL be Slim!

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.57%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    i know i'm still a decent way from goal, but i am thinking about working up the plans now and thinking that i will actually miss my soups/shakes when i come off CD totally....

am i alone in this because i LOVE my shakes/soups.....A LOT?

xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. mrsessex

mrsessex Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no and did i say no?

God no

Looking forward to normality

4. MissPinky

MissPinky Shrinky Pinky!

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet - maintenance
    You're not alone - I will miss the bars! - so much so I've asked my CDC if I can still buy them from her when I'm done :)

However, it's not so much madness/weird dependency as part of 'a plan'. I used to have protein bars and shakes way back before CD and know they work for satisfying cravings and keeping the metabolism going in a much healthier way than crisps or a Danish pastry. The CD bars come in a better range of flavours than Promax, Myoplex or other varieties of meal bar
    - hence why I would like to keep a stock of them. They're not dissimilar in price to those either. I'll miss the toffee and walnut shake a lot too!

5. Blingbabe

Blingbabe Back On Track!

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    17st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    -2st6lb(-16.27%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    I will miss the potato and leek soup, its my favourite. Suppose I could buy another brand from supermarket, or even better, make it myself.
    Otherwise, just hoping that I will settle into a healthy eating regime.

6. claira07

claira07 needs a real kick in the

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    17st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    i will be continueing with a shake every morning for breakfast, i cannot stomach breakfast naver been able to but i love the choc shake on a morning so will always have this then a lunch and tea, i used to skip meals somedays b4 cd so if i have a day where i skip i may have a chicken and mush soup, i will always keep my spare blender in boot of car and the odd cd pack then if im starving that will be my lunch, at least then if i strugggle i wont have to get used to them again, after a year of maintaining i will try to drop them xx

7. Laura Croft

Laura Croft Happily maintaining

Diet:
    Healthy eating, was CD
    I thought I'd miss the vanilla shakes when I finished last time but couldn't stand them at the end because I only wanted food that tasted 'normal.' May feel different this time around.

8. coconut

coconut Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(8.33%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I'll miss the fact that they're so easy to make up and there's no thinking involved.

But I wont miss the shakes. I've just had my first porridge today and had to give it to my dog! It was so salty. Did anyone else find this? I think a lot of them are either too sweet or too salty, and I love sweets and salt normally.
    Right now I'm only having choc shakes (made with ice water) and choc tetras (made up with hot water) and the odd leek and potato.

I'm definitely going to be sick of them.

9. claira07

claira07 needs a real kick in the

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    17st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    i only have choc shake choc tetra and cicken and mushroom soup, and i dont get bored surprisingly xxx

10. JustJen84

JustJen84 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    11st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st2lb(21.05%)
    Diet:
    WW
    i just have choc tetras and i think they taste soooo yummy but i wont miss them when ive finished be too busy admiring myself in my new little clothes :D

11. *butterfly*

*butterfly* Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(5.17%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge (ish)
    I do not intend to miss them if i can, as i love the spicy tom soup so much i would like to continue having them, as well as the cranberry bars, not as meals but for when life is busy and as a snack, as i think its still a great way to top up with vits etc. I know for a fact that, try as hard as i might, i will not always be able to get the balanced diet i need every single day. My cdc says she has still done this on maintenance.

12. macy12

macy12 Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I have been off CD since July (after hols) and boy am I missing my shakes and bars.
    In fact, i`m re starting on Wednesday and looking forward to it. Its been hard going recently planning what to eat !

13. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    I missed the choc tetras.

Now as a CDC I have the products, I thought I might be tempted by them again, but normal food vs the products...well, no contest.:D

14. LizzMB

LizzMB WILL be Slim!

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.57%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    i think its more that i just really like that taste of them! I would much prefer a CD shake to a milkshake now...but then again, saying all that, i might change my mind once i start back on food again! lol

just relieved to know i'm not a freak! lol :D

x

15. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    Oh nooooo :D I make my own milk shakes with fresh fruit, greek yoghurt and milk. Sometimes banana and cinnamon, or one with oats. Tres yum :)

16. Yvonne1989

Yvonne1989 Needs to stop eating!!

Start Weight:
    13st9lb
    Current Weight:
    12st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9lb(12.04%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge diet
    Hell no! I cant wait to eat "Normal" food.....when i finish CD I never want to see any CD product again and hopefully will never have to!

17. Watergirl

Watergirl Rock Solid

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(12.24%)
    Diet:
    Exante + Protein + Weights!
    Well I can't stand milkshakes, never have, but love the choc tetras. When most people are worrying about having sneaked a bit of this or that, it's more likely I've sneaked an extra tetra.

I might see my CDC once a month to get some.

18. sumayyah

sumayyah please try again

Start Weight:
    23st6lb
    Current Weight:
    17st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st13lb(25.3%)
    Diet:
    was cambridge now exante
    i will miss my choc mint mousse but im sure i can find a way to make my own

19. ziggyzoo

ziggyzoo Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st12lb
    Current Weight:
    16st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st0lb(19.18%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    hmm probably the not having to think element and i love the capachinno ones.

20. Zoe.D

Zoe.D loving life

Start Weight:
    22st3lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    10st10lb(48.23%)
    Diet:
    cd maintenance
    I love the toffee bars, will deffinately miss them with my cuppa in the evening.

21. Wales

Wales Silver Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    At the moment I think I will miss the choc shakes and at the moment I think that I would have them now and again, but in reality it might be diffent. I also think I will still get the choc bars are I love them and whilst more expensive than chocolate they do satisfy a sugar craving. I have stopped having soups so just have choc shakes and choc tetras.

Mind you, if cottage cheese tasted like nirvana after 12 weeks I wonder what fruit will taste like once I get there???

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.