Total Solution Will I be able to do this?!

It will shift again soon Sarah.

Your boy is doing well so good for him.

My lot are all different. My daughter is a vegetarian & is too skinny, my youngest son works such long hours in the restaurant & forgets to eat so is also skinny.My middle boy on the other hand drinks & eats all the time. All sorts of rubbish & I'm sure his girlfriend is a feeder too cos she keeps bringing him stuff & he is on the tubby side.
Keep telling him that its going to keep creeping up but falls on deaf ears.

Anyway almost a week done for you :D xx

Thats kinda what happened with my son, it was creeping on but he didn't want to listen.... several of his friends are skinny little whippets and probably always will be - he doesn't quite see that he just can't eat all the same crap they do and not put weight on. Therefore he has and now needs to lose some as kids of his age are extremely cruel to any that aren't part of the 'beautiful' crowd.
However, its coming off again now and I am really proud of him for sticking to this. He can see it is working for him though, and quickly which is far less frustrating than any other diet :) Gives me more inspiration whilst we are doing it together too as I have to admit that I was VERY tempted yesterday by some sweet stuffs!!!! However I refrained and glad I did :D

You are right - it is the end of week one today - official weigh in tomorrow although I also start my new job tomorrow so will get on here when I can :)

How are things with Susie this sunny weekend? x

Thank you Darcy and TH! You are right - they are becoming a dirty habit althoughI had steak and huge green salad last night as it was nice for us all to eat together. I was blummin hungry too after cleaning my garage out and wanted to actually EAT! lol x

Day 7 - 64 days to jollidays.

Well I now know what the STS was all about -sadly, although I don't normally have them thanks to my pill, but TOTM has struck me and therefore I think I was holding water. Anyway the upside from that is I am down another 2lbs today which makes me 10lbs lighter than when I started last Monday :)

I will do an official weigh tomorrow, but I start my new job tomorrow, so it may have to wait til I get in from work til I can post (have no idea how tomorrow will go).

My son has weighed aswell today and he has lost another pound which makes him a happy bunny as he has now lost 8lbs in 6 days (he started on Tuesday) I am really proud of him for sticking to this. He is struggling more over weekend as he hasn't got school to make it easier not to want to eat in the day, but I have upped him to four meals over weekend to try and help this, as I originally said if he was doing Exante that she should have 4 packs a day anyway as a growing lad......

Anyway, not sure what today holds for me other than getting prepared for new job and packing husband up for business trips to Milton Keynes and Kaiserslauten next week. May bob out somewhere for the good of my sanity -and to get more green salad to go with garlic turkey escalopes for tea lol They are 173kcal and only 7g carbs per 100g which is not bad for an Asda prepackaged meat product. With a HUGE green salad and a spritz of balsamic vinegar (I have mine in a sprayer) it makes for a very tasty and ketosis friendly meal :)

By the way - I watched Wolf of Wall Street last night. If you haven't seen it, then my only comment is that it is THREE HOURS of my life that I will never get back :( Yes, I did say THREE hours!!

Hi Sarah. Glad to have you back. I enjoy reading your posts. Well done for encouraging your son before it gets too late. My youngest son (23 going on 14) is only about 5'7'' and is skinny whereas my oldest (25 going on 16) is 6'2'' and seriously overweight (mainly his belly!). I really wish he would give exante a try. I've tried slimming world with him and healthy eating but he's terrible for eating junk food. We've just had a few days in London together and he's stayed on for an extra day. When he get's back tonight I'm going to see if I can persuade him to try WS for a week to see if he finds any difference - which of course I know he will!
What's your new job? Were you made redundant from your last one?
I'm back on track today - yet another new start! When are you going on holiday and where? I'm off to Turkey on 26th August so that's my target date with a target loss of 28lb!

Thats exactly what i thought of wolf of wall street!!

That's a great loss for both of you Sarah. Gonna show Tim & tell him to try it out. Put your fingers in your ears cos the air will probably go blue all the way up there lol

Hope your 1st day goes well at work tomorrow xx

That's a great loss for both of you Sarah. Gonna show Tim & tell him to try it out. Put your fingers in your ears cos the air will probably go blue all the way up there lol

Hope your 1st day goes well at work tomorrow xx

Me n my monkey have decided he is sticking with 2 packs a day and an evening meal consisting of meat under 200kcals and greens (mostly salad, but brocolli, beans and grilled courgettes as well for variety) so its a bit more substantial. I can then use a shake with mousse mix for his pud, or he really likes the slim n save hazlenut milkshakes - they are reminiscent of the middle of a kinder bueno bar.

I am tempted more and more by slim n save at the moment if I am honest - have liked everything I have tried as opposed to just tolerating it.

Maybe if he is eating something more like 'proper' food your son might not be so adverse to it? Its the speed mine is losing it that is keeping him going - maybe that could spur him on?

Have just suggested to mine that after tea we split a hazlenut shake between us and mousse it up, adding half a exante double choc bar to each one.... nom nom!!

Hi Sarah. Glad to have you back. I enjoy reading your posts. Well done for encouraging your son before it gets too late. My youngest son (23 going on 14) is only about 5'7'' and is skinny whereas my oldest (25 going on 16) is 6'2'' and seriously overweight (mainly his belly!). I really wish he would give exante a try. I've tried slimming world with him and healthy eating but he's terrible for eating junk food. We've just had a few days in London together and he's stayed on for an extra day. When he get's back tonight I'm going to see if I can persuade him to try WS for a week to see if he finds any difference - which of course I know he will!
What's your new job? Were you made redundant from your last one?
I'm back on track today - yet another new start! When are you going on holiday and where? I'm off to Turkey on 26th August so that's my target date with a target loss of 28lb!

Aww thank you Lynne, its nice to have been missed :) If you read the post I have just sent Susie, you will see what I am doing with my son - off to do turkey steak and salad with brocolli (slightly odd mix I know but he LOVES brocolli) in a mo.... then the pud I mentioned to Susie which I am possibly looking forward to even more than him! lol

Job I got just didn't work out - bit of a story really.... new one is something other than sales which is what I normally via towards, and not sure how it is going to go - but its worth a shot! I will be working in a quality department for a piping company, and I just hope that its not as boring as that just sounded!!

Good luck with the fresh start - you can do it if you try - you know you can :) I am off to Tenerife with just my son on 26th (husband will be working away in South Africa at the time) and its given me something to really aim towards. I would love to do 2st by then too - are we going to give it a shot together? Race ya ;) x

Aww thank you Lynne, its nice to have been missed :) If you read the post I have just sent Susie, you will see what I am doing with my son - off to do turkey steak and salad with brocolli (slightly odd mix I know but he LOVES brocolli) in a mo.... then the pud I mentioned to Susie which I am possibly looking forward to even more than him! lol

Job I got just didn't work out - bit of a story really.... new one is something other than sales which is what I normally via towards, and not sure how it is going to go - but its worth a shot! I will be working in a quality department for a piping company, and I just hope that its not as boring as that just sounded!!

Good luck with the fresh start - you can do it if you try - you know you can :) I am off to Tenerife with just my son on 26th (husband will be working away in South Africa at the time) and its given me something to really aim towards. I would love to do 2st by then too - are we going to give it a shot together? Race ya ;) x

Yes, we should try and do tit together since we're going on the same day! Promise I'll post every day!

Yes, we should try and do tit together since we're going on the same day! Promise I'll post every day!

Do tit? Not done that before!! Lol

I am up for holding hands on Exante journey though - hotel I am off to is all inclusive so i need to lose as much as possible beforehand to make sure i have a chance of fitting in the plane seat on the way home!! Lol x

You're doing well sarah :)

Thanks Marge! X

Day 8 - 63 days to go!

Just a quick update as getting ready for first day in new job and am nervous! have lost another lb which takes me to 11lb off in first week! :). I am only 0.4lbs or 4 ozs off the 18's!!!!

My son sadly STS this morning, but that won't last assuming he doesn't get downheartened and eat today! fingers crossed as not here to police what he eats when he gets in.

How did you get on today Sarah x

Erm.... Not sure tbh Susie, think I may have accepted the most boring job on earth :-/

I am already giving him a 'proper' tea of a turkey escalope salad, with a half shake made into a mousse for pud.

Can you tell me the method you use for making the shakes into mousse? I tried gelatine but it wasn't a mousse. More like thick cloudy jelly. Didn't like it.

Thanks for saving me from wasting three hours of my life watching Wolf of Wall Street. Really wanted to see it when it was first released but never managed it. Pleased now that I didn't pay to see it. Might give it a whirl if it ever comes on the TV and I can watch it for free. Hopefully the job will pick up and well done on a great loss. :)

Back