Samiyah

Today I ate
1 small slice toast, no spread, marmite
apple
large portion of brown rice and chickpeas
packet of snackajacks
banana
3 laughing cow extra light cheese
very large salmon fillet (baked with soy sauce, grated ginger, frylight, large portion of mushy peas (homemade, no fat)
I feel absolutely stuffed and think I'm eating too much.
Should I be watching my portion size?

Heya,

Looking at your menu I assume you are on Extra Easy? You really need to be eating a 1/3 superfree with your meals, other than makng sure you get your healthy extras each day, it seems fine, but definately more fruit and veggies.

Helen xxx

Yes, I'm trying extra easy. Thanks for looking at that.
The consultant didn't really emphasise that. I thought it seemed too good to be true!
I shall add more veg to my meals.

I am assuming that the laughing cow was your HEA, and the toast (was it wholemeal bread?) was your HEB?

Like Suplizi says - including 1/3 superfree fruit/veg in every meal is really important with EE.

And if you are 'stuffed', then yes, you are eating too much - the main thing of any healthy eating plan is to stop once your hunger is satiated, and SW is no different.

HTH

everyone may be different but past 2 groups iv been too, have always said u can eat as much free food as u like, and my consultant lost 15stone, and in past iv always had as much free food as iv liked and the more iv ate the more iv lost, i no it doesnt sound believable but it its true, iv done the plan on and off for 4 years n always done it this way n its worked, altho wit ee u need eat 1/3 superfree but i was told that u cud make it up throughout day as it isnt always possible to eat it with every meal :)xx

Thank you all for your advice.
I've always eaten loads. I never had a weight problem til I had kids and its really hard to cut back. Although I eat loads, I don't seem to put weight on but I know I have to cut right down to lose it.
I'll keep trying :)

Yes, our Group Leader is constantly telling us that we CAN eat loads and still lose weight....it just has to be the right foods.

Thank you all for your advice.
I've always eaten loads. I never had a weight problem til I had kids and its really hard to cut back. Although I eat loads, I don't seem to put weight on but I know I have to cut right down to lose it.
I'll keep trying :)

You don't have to cut back at all, you just have to change what type of food you eat. You can still be satisfied!

Yes, our Group Leader is constantly telling us that we CAN eat loads and still lose weight....it just has to be the right foods.

yes mine was the same and to be honest thats way ive always done it and i still lost weight :) as long as its free u can eat away :)

I have to disagree on this one I'm afraid - even free foods have the potential to negatively impact on your weight loss if eaten to excess.

After all losing weight at its most basic level is simply a question of calories in versus calories out -you need to expend more than you consume to lose weight. And I know we do not count calories as SW has already done the hard work for us.

So yes fill up on free foods but only to the point where you are comfortably full. But do not eat to the point where you are stuffed just because you can, or as an emotional crutch to comfort or celebrate.

Mullerlights are syn free but I have heard of people eating up to 10 a day - that's 1000 calories a day just in snacks alone! And then they wondered why they weren't losing weight even though they were following the plan 100%. Yes they were following the plan but SW also talks about moderation. So a little common sense is required too!

Couldn't agree more with Circes.

You can be fully satisfied, with free food, and still lose weight, yes. But you will not lose weight if you are eating until you're completely stuffed.

I don't agree with the 'have your 1/3rd super-free throughout the day' thing either I'm afraid. The whole point of SW wanting you to include 1/3 super free with your meals, is that by doing that, it automatically limits your portion sizes for the more calorific carbs and proteins.
Filling yourself up on a plate entirely made up of carbs/proteins, i.e. free foods, but no super free doesn't do that - even if you follow it with fruit later.

i was just goin by wat my consultant said cuz he said he nos its not always possible to have it with every meal and he has lost 15 stone, i understand everyone may feel differently xx

Myself and a friend find the more we eat (of the right things) the more we lose, we used to pick at chicken and bacon all day long (red days) and would lose much better than when we ate lees, but we are big eaters anyway and its what works for the individual, I can't do green days as too many carbs and I dont lose I can just get away with 2 hexb's but other people it works brilliantly. Eat until you're full, if you're still hungry eat more if you're not thats also fine

My last consultant told us to eat free foods until we were full - for some people that means 1 jacket potato with lunch, for another it means 3 (her words, not mine) and that we should aim for our day to be 1/3 superfree as its not always easy to do it with each meal!

She's the first consultant I've heard say this tho! (wish they'd all give out the same advice so as to avoid any doubt)!

I follow the plan from home but what Circes says makes complete sense to me. I found that in the beginning I had to eat more in order to feel full but now I'm finding that a lot less is filling me. I also find that if I'm full & dont stop I actually feel ill so I'm only eating in order to clear my plate (a difficult habit to break when its been drummed into you from an early age!! :eek:) & I dont enjoy the food anyway. If I'm feeling peckish later on I can always have something else if I need to.

Myself and a friend find the more we eat (of the right things) the more we lose, we used to pick at chicken and bacon all day long (red days) and would lose much better than when we ate lees, but we are big eaters anyway and its what works for the individual, I can't do green days as too many carbs and I dont lose I can just get away with 2 hexb's but other people it works brilliantly. Eat until you're full, if you're still hungry eat more if you're not thats also fine

yes i have to agree i found that in the past the more i ate the more i lost! i mainly do green or ee but im goin to try through in a few red days as iv only ever done a couple :)xx

if i am having a meal that i can't think what superfree veg i can put with it i eat fruit but i eat it before my meal so i feel fuller b4 i start eating i also leave a 1/3rd of the plate free and i find i quite often leave some as i have had enough.:)

Back