Will lose it and maintain this time!!!

I know alot of people say how hard it is 2nd even 3rd time around but like you say I think the motivation is that you know what to expect, you know how quickly your weight disappears if you stick to it and you know how you felt when you did lose it all the first time. That is definitely what is spurring me on this time. Just wish like you I had decided to lose it again after i'd only gained 2 stone, instead I decided to have another baby :rolleyes:

Oooooh i'm so excited I could fart glitter!!!!

I've been a bit of a traitor and have been looking at the forums for S&S. Well the other day I bit the bullet and ordered some samples, the choc truffle bar, the caramel shake, the sweet porridge and the spag bol. They've just arrived in time for the weekend. I'm amazed you can eat food and still lose the same amount of weight on a shakes only diet. I can't wait to try the spag bol, will maybe have it for my tea tonight. If I do really enjoy the samples I may see about switching at the end of the month as it would be really nice to have some variation.

All i'm having at the moment is the shakes and porridge and they're not the most portable of things to eat!!!

Hiya Liz, you're doing fab and sound so motivated! Thank you for your kind words in my diary :hug99: xx

A lot are switching to S&S, I'm undecided yet whether to send off for the Taster pack and just fit them in with the Exante. Say just replace one pack a day with one of the S&S ones.
Decisions decisions! :D

Hiya Liz, you're doing fab and sound so motivated! Thank you for your kind words in my diary :hug99: xx

A lot are switching to S&S, I'm undecided yet whether to send off for the Taster pack and just fit them in with the Exante. Say just replace one pack a day with one of the S&S ones.
Decisions decisions! :D

I'll let you know how I get on with mine. I'm having the spag bol tonight as i've made it for the OH so I won't feel too left out :D

I know alot of people say how hard it is 2nd even 3rd time around but like you say I think the motivation is that you know what to expect, you know how quickly your weight disappears if you stick to it and you know how you felt when you did lose it all the first time. That is definitely what is spurring me on this time. Just wish like you I had decided to lose it again after i'd only gained 2 stone, instead I decided to have another baby :rolleyes:

Lol me too but i didn't have a baby I just went back to my old ways. I was looking at ordering the meals and bars from slim & save but I'm quite happy with exante shakes as they dont have aspartame.

I do a mixture of exante and S&S , have 2 S&S packs and 2 exante a day , usually a S&S bar at lunch , a S&S meal at tea , a exante porridge at about 7pm and a exante bar at 9pm , it is working really well for me :)

I also have been having a mixture but Ive just had a whole day exante and then a whole day slim and save. I only got the taster pack so once I have tried everything I can order more. I think the variety is what is keeping me going.

Day 6 and still going strong, i'm really chuffed with myself especially as my OH has really tested me with the things he's been eating and drinking!!!
I had the S&S spag bol last night it was suprisingly good and tasted quite spicy, I had to check the packaging just to make sure I hadn't ordered the spicy one by accident. I also had the choc truffle bar last night. That again was quite good and also seemed to really fill me up for such a tiny thing!!! It was really nice to have a break from just shakes and also to have something to chew on.
I think I may do a mixture of the 2 as i'm missing have something savoury to eat.
The only thing is i've been much more hungrier than usual today, I really hope the bar hasn't knocked me out of ketosis.
I went and did a Tesco shop this morning and my mouth was salvating at the smell of all the yummy things, next time i'll go without the OH so I can avoid all of the yummy ailes!! The plan is to go for a walk later as long as the rain holds off, so fingers crossed.
Hope everyone's weekend is going well :D

Hi Liz, don't worry about Slim and Save bars, actually S & S is lower in carbs than Exante, just remember it's early days yet and you will feel hungry, I have hungry days and I'm weeks in, so more likely you need to drink a bit more to ward off the hunger pangs, especially since you generally use less water to mix up the S & S packs than Exante shakes etc so just try and have a bit extra. I am also mixing Exante with S & S until my Exante packs are finished, I prefer S & S hands down and find it much easier to stick to.

Good luck with your journey xx

Yay day 7!!! :bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss:

I can't wait to weigh in tomorrow and get that horrible 17 stone off of my ticker forever!!!!

Have woken up with a horrible cold today, bloomin typical when I can't have a lempsip, will just have to dose myself up on paracetamol instead. Fingers crossed it will pass quickly.

I bought some ultraslim bars from Tesco, the raspberry ones, and I can wholeheartedly say there are really yummy. Will need to make sure I limit myself to only a couple a week though. I also tried a vanilla shake hot with coffee in it last night. I wasn't overly keen but I think I put in too much coffee and would need to add a sweetner next time.

Hope everyone else is getting on well, can't wait to see everyone's weight losses this week. :D

Good afternoon Liz, good luck with your weigh in tomorrow.

I love the ultraslim bars (both the raspberry and choc ones)

Hope you're having a fab day :hug99: xx

Have felt really rubbish today. Don't know if it's to do with the cold i'm coming down with or if it's a bug. I've been really light headed and spaced out. I've still been drinking my water and had a cup of bouillion, just in case it's due to my salt levels. Really hope I can shake this off soon but at least i'm still on the wagon. :D

So 9lbs off at my first weigh in, i'm chuffed with that although slightly disappointed as I was really hoping for double figures.
I felt really awful yesterday and only managed 2 shakes but feeling alot better today, thank goodness. I'll need to catch up on all my cleaning that I didn't get done, what a fun day lies ahead, lol!!!
Have been up since 1:30am too, so i'm sure I'll hit a brick wall at some point, hopefully baby will sleep and I can catch a few zsss before the eldest gets back from nursery.

Hi Liz

Well done on your weight loss - 9lbs is amazing!!! I find its my head that acts as devils advocate when I am dieting but I always ask myself the question: Will this food make everything better, will it solve my problem, get rid of the cold, make me less tired???? The same conclusion is usually reached with a bit fat NO !!!! You are doing really well expecially with a young baby so make sure you get plently of rest, sleep when you can and look after yourself. It is so easy to neglect yourself when you have young children.

K
x

Wow well done Liz 9lbs is fab xx

Well done on ur loss that is excellent.

Wow! Well done 9lbs week one loss is fabulous :hug99: xx

Awww thanks guys, that gave me a warm fuzzy feeling!!
I really am pleased with 9lbs, not too sure what to aim for next week. It would be lovely to get 5 just to get the stone but I have a feeling my body may fight harder this week, plus TOTM is also due so no doubt that will have an impact.
I had a lovely whoosh of energy this morning so managed to get tons done but have now hit a brick wall. I even feel asleep whilst feeding the baby, whoops :eek:

Back