will prawns keep me in ketosis

Safcd1

Was thinking of replacing my slices if chicken with prawns tonight.

Not sure would have thought it would be ok ... low carbs and low fat etc and I know you can have fish! x

Ok thanks. Only had about 4 or 5 prawns !!

I think prawns would be ok but you might want to google their cals and carbs :)

Slightly OT but just wondering is tinned salmon ok? Was thinking it would be nice to add to a frittata or a pitta bread.

on cambridge on the ss+ YOU CAN HAVE PRAWNS

Thanks guys. I checked carb content and it seems fine to have instead of chicken or ham. Happy bunny. I lurve prawns.

Not sure if they are allowed on exante exactly, but prawns are an excellent food when dieting. They won't take you out of ketosis and they are very filling and also super low in calories even if you have a whole pack. I'd be surprised if 5 king prawns was worth even 20 calories. I went through a prawn phase at one point when on a low-carb diet and had no problems with ketosis at all, actually if anything it helped.

oh no! Not good if you are on the 'no food' (total solution?) variation of this diet, even if they are super low calorie/low carb. Problem is one thing leads to another to another... at least it does with me, lol, i start obsessing about the texture, flavour and imagine myself eating it... and,... i'm not helping here am i? Maybe try to trick yourself that they taste yuck and that they are actually maggots or something, therefore you'd never want to eat them... that works for me sometimes temporarily.

oh no! Not good if you are on the 'no food' (total solution?) variation of this diet, even if they are super low calorie/low carb. Problem is one thing leads to another to another... at least it does with me, lol, i start obsessing about the texture, flavour and imagine myself eating it... and,... i'm not helping here am i? Maybe try to trick yourself that they taste yuck and that they are actually maggots or something, therefore you'd never want to eat them... that works for me sometimes temporarily.

Nah, I'm hard as nails. I won't give in for nothing! :giggle:

Im the opposite I like to have 'safe' foods incase I need them. Id rather have a bit of plain chicken than give in and hit the tuck shop at work or something

Whatever works for each person though :)

Back