Will this work long term?

lhs78

have also posted this in the low carb forum, any advice would be much appreciated!
I have been following a diet plan for the last 10 days. Sunday-Thursday low cal (under 800), low carb (under 50g), no alcohol(!) Then Friday/Saturday - increasing carbs to 100g ish, and cals nearer to 1500-2000 included in this allowance will be wine!!!
I have lost 7lbs in the last 10 days, although last weeks loss was quicker than this weeks. I would really like to lose 2-4lbs a week, do you think this would work or am I playing about to much?

Has anyone any experiance with this?
Thanks
LHS

have also posted this in the low carb forum, any advice would be much appreciated!
I have been following a diet plan for the last 10 days. Sunday-Thursday low cal (under 800), low carb (under 50g), no alcohol(!) Then Friday/Saturday - increasing carbs to 100g ish, and cals nearer to 1500-2000 included in this allowance will be wine!!!
I have lost 7lbs in the last 10 days, although last weeks loss was quicker than this weeks. I would really like to lose 2-4lbs a week, do you think this would work or am I playing about to much?
Has anyone any experiance with this?
Thanks
LHS

Hiya, that's a good result in 10 days. if weigh loss stalls you could maybe do low carb, low cal AND low carb sounds a wee bit drastic though, is it hard to find low cal foods that are also LC? Good luck with it all anyhow, let us know how you get on.:)

LHS it has already been pointed out to you on another thread that Minimins does NOT allow DIY VLCDs

Mmm, I'm not really sure if this would be very good for you. I don't think I would try it to be honest. It's extreme but then for fri and sat not so strict (is that so you can have a drink out?) But if it works for you then best of luck. :)

It sounds like a good kick-start to do for a week or two between a more regular diet schedule. I wouldn't recommend doing this for a long period of time; your body will eventually metabolize like this as part of normal every day life. If it's sudden and short it will just cause your metabolism to get confused and start up the weight loss process again for a normal diet. :D

Personally, no I don't think that's good for you. Under 800 cals isn't good for anyone and you wouldn't be getting all the vitamins, minerals etc. that you need. You may have lost 7lbs but if you continue you'll not only be losing fat but muscle mass too and so by the end you'll look a lot more flabby than if you lost it sticking to 1200 or above. So my advice would be, go no lower than 1,200 net calories a day. Drink at least 1.5-2 litres of water a day. 2lbs a week is a healthy loss, 4lbs a week is not only unrealistic but unhealthy, especially when you have so little to lose, you're only just outside the normal weight range. I understand the wanting to lose weight as quickly as possible but we didn't put weight on overnight so we can't expect to lose it overnight either. You're far better off losing it slowly and in a healthy way, losing weight should never be at the cost of your health.

Personally, no I don't think that's good for you. Under 800 cals isn't good for anyone and you wouldn't be getting all the vitamins, minerals etc. that you need. You may have lost 7lbs but if you continue you'll not only be losing fat but muscle mass too and so by the end you'll look a lot more flabby than if you lost it sticking to 1200 or above. So my advice would be, go no lower than 1,200 net calories a day. Drink at least 1.5-2 litres of water a day. 2lbs a week is a healthy loss, 4lbs a week is not only unrealistic but unhealthy, especially when you have so little to lose, you're only just outside the normal weight range. I understand the wanting to lose weight as quickly as possible but we didn't put weight on overnight so we can't expect to lose it overnight either. You're far better off losing it slowly and in a healthy way, losing weight should never be at the cost of your health.
It is not the worst thing to go extremely low on calories. It gets bad for the extent you do so. Doctors tell patients every day to go 24 hours or more without food, just liquids, so they can go through surgeries and other medical needs. People do it for religion, others for detox and they all do perfectly fine. Like I said the problem lies in the manner you withhold your food.

Initiative said:
It is not the worst thing to go extremely low on calories. It gets bad for the extent you do so. Doctors tell patients every day to go 24 hours or more without food, just liquids, so they can go through surgeries and other medical needs. People do it for religion, others for detox and they all do perfectly fine. Like I said the problem lies in the manner you withhold your food.

Which in this case won't just be for 24 hours

But this thread isn't about doing it for just 24 hours is it? So what I said still stands.

Back