Will you stick to Slimming World on Christmas Day?

I think it's a sort of for me... I have a lot of weight to lose ASAP so can't afford to gain much, if anything, over Xmas. But I do want to enjoy it too. Xmas dinner I can do easily (just need to syn some gravy, stuffing and honey for the parsnips) and I'm gonna spend some time cooking some SW friendly party foods on Xmas eve as I'm off work. I'm not drinking much these days anyway so alcohol shouldn't be too bad. It's just the Christmas cake and cheese I have to worry about then!

Xmas Eve I intend to be on plan all day, I weigh in at 5pm, then OH will meet me and we’ll head to my mum’s for Xmas tea. It’ll probably be within my syns for the day, as I’m not a lover of crackling etc, so it’ll just be Yorkshire puddings sapping them up!

Xmas Day I intend to be off plan but in control, we’re not having a big meal til late in the day with OH’s mum’s side, so we’ll be grazing a little, but I want to fill up on veg / lean meat at the meal where possible (so I don’t feel as bad having a bit of Yule log!)

Boxing Day we’re at OH’s Dad’s for a big family meal, and I intend to be on plan before and after… my thinking is to flexi syn the day.

I find I eat less crap around Xmas time, because there’s so much going on… hopefully that’ll remain true this year! Whatever happens, I’m not going to kill myself trying to stick to syns and either feel I missed out on xmas or binge in rebellion. I’m going to follow my C’s advice and be on plan when I can

Xmas Eve I intend to be on plan all day, I weigh in at 5pm, then OH will meet me and we’ll head to my mum’s for Xmas tea. It’ll probably be within my syns for the day, as I’m not a lover of crackling etc, so it’ll just be Yorkshire puddings sapping them up!

Xmas Day I intend to be off plan but in control, we’re not having a big meal til late in the day with OH’s mum’s side, so we’ll be grazing a little, but I want to fill up on veg / lean meat at the meal where possible (so I don’t feel as bad having a bit of Yule log!)

Boxing Day we’re at OH’s Dad’s for a big family meal, and I intend to be on plan before and after… my thinking is to flexi syn the day.

I find I eat less crap around Xmas time, because there’s so much going on… hopefully that’ll remain true this year! Whatever happens, I’m not going to kill myself trying to stick to syns and either feel I missed out on xmas or binge in rebellion. I’m going to follow my C’s advice and be on plan when I can
I think that's the best way.
After all its Xmas you have to enjoy yourself!
I shall stick to plan when I can but I will enjoy myself, I'll just make sure I palm off any leftovers to my family so I'm not tempted!

Dougal do you do a food diary? You seem to have had lots of good losses and just wondering how you do it :)
Yes I keep an online food diary on the SW website, and I have my little notebook that I write everything down in, really handy if I have Syns that I've had before but can't remember how many they are, I can just look in my book.
Plus I try to keep under my Syns for the day, I think I average about 9 Syns a day. Plus I go swimming once a week and have 2 dogs to walk lol.
I do have bad days but I always try and eat less Syns the next day. Seems to work :)

In the week before christmas I'll be keeping my syns to 5 per day, and from boxing day onwards the same tactic til new year. Lots of long walks with the dog.

Christmas Day and Boxing day I will officially be off plan... I have cheese, baileys, ice cream and some chocolate cake that I would like to have on the big day :) Having said that I'm now so set in my food optimising ways I know that I will struggle to let myself have these treats!

As long as I restrict it to Christmas and Boxing day it will be fine I'm sure, I'll take a gain on the chin. My family celebrate Christmas for the whole 12 days of Christmas period though, right up until Epiphany in January so the difficult part will probably be all the temptation all around me after the two main days when I'm not allowed to eat any of it.

I'm going to be as good as possible for the dinner itsself- I'll allow myself a couple of greasy roast potatoes, a yorkshire and some stuffing, but everything very much in portion control. I think the hardest part for me is the booze and the mince pies- so I'll be avoiding them as much as possible and am vito-ing the mulled wine! Just vodka's!

I'd like to minimise my syn intake the week before but I'm going to be away on a short business trip for 4 days where I have NO choice in food, so I feel like that whole week I'll be screwed also!

I'll be having a few off plan days over christmas/new year (definately christmas day/new years day as I have family meals on those days, and a couple of other gatherings/nights out I'm having) Basically I'm not going to count syns, if I fancy something I'm going to have it - but I'm going to make it a small portion, eat it slowly and really enjoy it. not scarf it down and make myself feel ill. I'm also going to alternate my drinks with water. But other than that I'll be on plan when I can

Back