William & Kate tie the knot! xx

Shelly Star x x

Has anyone seen the interview tonight about the engagment?

Is it only me and my friends who think it's a bit strange he's given her his mothers engagment ring? They did not even last likem i suppose if they'd lived happy ever after be a dif story! Just think it's strange!
I'd be wanting a Tiffany myself haha

Thou i am excited like about the wedding as who dnt love looking at fashion! lol x x

lol Thats exactly what I said earlier. I can totally understand the sentiment in using his mums ring BUT the fact they had such a (very public) unhappy marriage and she was so unhappy I dont think Id have wanted to use it. With all the jewellery Diana had, Id have gone for a nice special piece instead and got a nice new ring, with no history.

That and the fact I think its a horrible ring lol

hahaha i know, it aint nice like. She's have wear blue all the time to make it not clash with anything!
I totally agree with u there me, it should have been fresh start or even use the ring but re-design it or something. x x

I don't like the ring at all but I do think it's a nice gesture to use it.

Has anyone seen the interview tonight about the engagment?

Is it only me and my friends who think it's a bit strange he's given her his mothers engagment ring? They did not even last likem i suppose if they'd lived happy ever after be a dif story! Just think it's strange!
I'd be wanting a Tiffany myself haha

Thou i am excited like about the wedding as who dnt love looking at fashion! lol x x

I think I must be the one who is odd because I thought it was a lovely thing to do and I feel it has less to do with his father's relationship with his mother than his own relationship with her. Her boys adored her.
His reason for doing it was because he wanted to "share" his wedding day with his mother. He obviously still misses her.

That and the fact I think its a horrible ring lol

I wouldn't say no to it !!!!

I think they make a lovely couple and their relationship has evolved so naturally, like any other couple.

That they are living together is in itself a massive step forward for the royals.

I wish them all the luck in the world for a long and happy marriage.

I think I must be the one who is odd because I thought it was a lovely thing to do and I feel it has less to do with his father's relationship with his mother than his own relationship with her. Her boys adored her.
His reason for doing it was because he wanted to "share" his wedding day with his mother. He obviously still misses her.

This is exactly what I thought. A lovely gesture, and they seemed such a lovely couple in the interview. Thought she came across really well.

I'm sure he knows her well enough to know whether the gesture would be appreciated. They seem a nice coupe. Hope we get a day off for it!!!!

Of course I meant they make a nice "couple"

I'm with Sue,I thought it was a lovely thing to do and when he said he wanted to make sure his mum didn't miss out on it all I had a lump in my throat (such a softy!)
I love the ring too! Good job we are all different.
I'm not really a royalist as such but I am looking forward to all the pomp and ceremony of a good old Royal Wedding next year :)

I'm no royalist but I think it's lovely news and I hope they'll be very happy. As an aside, I'm also excited for my 5 year old who will get to see a real life prince marry his new princess - she'll be beside herself with the excitement of seeing the dresses and how beautiful everyone looks!

I agree with a couple of people here that I thought it was a lovely gesture. To my mind it was a lovely, but moving, tribute to the mother he adored, and for him to give it to his bride-to-be it shows how much he adores her. I wish them all the happiness in the world :)

P.S. I also hope we have a day off next year, haha! :D:D xx

I'm with Sue,I thought it was a lovely thing to do and when he said he wanted to make sure his mum didn't miss out on it all I had a lump in my throat (such a softy!)
I love the ring too! Good job we are all different.
I'm not really a royalist as such but I am looking forward to all the pomp and ceremony of a good old Royal Wedding next year :)

No I am not a real died in the wood royalist either but am totally taken by all the-hype and ceremony there will be surrounding the forthcoming wedding.

It brought a lump to my throat too as I understand the closeness one feels by wearing/using something from a lost loved one.

My best girlfriend here in Spain died 2 years ago and every Christmas day I wear her earrings ( I inherited them ) and feel a little bit of Marion is with me.

I'm no royalist but I think it's lovely news and I hope they'll be very happy. As an aside, I'm also excited for my 5 year old who will get to see a real life prince marry his new princess - she'll be beside herself with the excitement of seeing the dresses and how beautiful everyone looks!

What a lovely take on it all. The kiddies who will experience so much from the event. I remember as a child the wedding of our present queen, I was just a tiny tot, but I still remember the magic of it all and being on a float during my villages celebrations.
article-1330215-0C1A0EFA000005DC-807_634x437.jpg

Don't they look lovely. This was taken yesterday.

It will be such a boost to Britain's economy too. Just think of all the industries surrounding the hype from souvenirs to clothes, flags, food, clothes, hotels etc !!!!

I think the reason he used it is so lovely. it had me all choked up!! And i think the ring is beautiful.

To be honest im most upset that now I can't marry him. I wanted to be queen thank you v much!!!! :p

xxxxx

I was 10 when Charles and Diana married and I remember being totally absorbed by it all. My daughter will get to experience all that with this wedding. I can't wait :)

That pic is lovely, you can see how much she adores him.

This wedding is a bit hyped up for my liking, it will just cost us money anyway. Im one of those people who wont be interested at all!

Back