William & Kate tie the knot! xx

She will become Queen if William becomes King

I understand that she will be queen and called Catherine.I suppose Queen Kate doesn't quite sound right.

I'm still hoping that they'll bypass Charlie (as the Queen seems adamant she's not going anywhere for a while ;)) and go straight to William! I think he'll make a very good King :) xx

Poor Charlie.........I am one of the very few who likes him !!!! I think he had a rotten childhood as far as love and affection were concerned. Diana has made sure her boys didn't go through that.

Bring it all on , all the hype, all the glitter, all the magic.

Me too Jaylou, so I did a bit of research:

Apparently, in the British monarchy, the husband of a female monarch does not have any recognised special status, rank, or privileges. The wife of a male monarch (e.g. the Queen Mother was the wife of King George VI) takes on her husband's rank and style upon marrying, becoming Queen.

So Kate Middleton will have lots of title:

1. When they marry, William will probably be made Duke in line with tradition, so she will become a Duchess. If William surprises everybody and turns down the title Kate will become HRH Princess William of Wales, or Princess Catherine/Kate of Wales.

2. When Charles ascends the throne he may choose to give William the title of Prince of Wales (he doesn't have to though), in which case Kate would become Princess of Wales.

3. When Charles becomes King William will also become the Duke of Cornwall, and therefore Kate will be the Duchess of Cornwall (Camilla's title now) and Princess of Wales

4. When William becomes King Kate will become Queen Consort (like the Queen Mother), so she will be Queen Catherine VI.

Wow, so many titles! xxx

Thank you so much Sian. All is now clear.

What a lovely, graceful and elegant consort she will make.

I bet she doesn't have to do SW !!! She is quite stunningly slim.

I think it was a lovely gesture, and its such lovely happy news for once, on the news. Who can honestly say they didnt feel any glimmer of happiness or raise a smile for them when they watched the footage, I think its brilliant, or 'wicked' as Camilla said! :) xx

As you can tell Sue, I'm bored and have nothing better to do! :8855: xx

Me too Sian !!! House is clean, washing is done, lunch is prepared and dinner is underway..... hey ho !!!!
I think it was a lovely gesture, and its such lovely happy news for once, on the news. Who can honestly say they didnt feel any glimmer of happiness or raise a smile for them when they watched the footage, I think its brilliant, or 'wicked' as Camilla said! :) xx

You are so right. What a lovely change it is.

Camilla is so right !!!

I couldn't quite believe Camilla said Wicked. It was so funny!!
Thanks for that post Sian. Great to learn stuff :)

I love the royal family, but nah i'd want a Tiffany ring, not a ring that ended in divorce. I think they are a brilliant couple and god i wish i'd of gone ST Andrews uni, i know where to send my kids if i have any now, in the hope they could meet some royal person! lol

Hope OK magazine get the inside's of the wedding, i just feel sorry for anyone getting married next year now as the prices are gonna bump up as everyone will want the same year x x

I think it's fab news and I loved watching their interview on the news last night. I like the fact that he gave her Di's ring, but I do think more is being made out of it than it should. They also said on the news last night that she will become Queen Catherine, but I don't know how it all works either.

They looked so happy and right together, didn't they? And she is beautiful!

We'll be spoilt for extra bank holidays over the next couple of years...there's an extra one on June 5th 2012 for the Golden Jubilee. Though we won't benefit as teachers in Pembrokeshire as they've moved the half term holiday to a week later so that it encompasses both bank holidays :mad:

she has lost a lot of weight hasnt she. i personally dont like the ring but i love the sentiments. thats all he asked of his dad when he was 15, his mum's engagement ring, so that he could give it to his wife.

Diana would be proud at how both of sons turned out.

Back