WinkOfPink_ Food Diary.

Hey lovelys! I hope everybody's enjoying their pancakes! I think i've missed my calling in life… It was my first time making pancakes today (usually family make them) but I absolutely loved it and they tasted amazing, if I do say so myself lol;) I love pancake day, I know you can have them any day, but it's tradition in our family we have them just once a year and I think it makes it special.

Here's todays Food Diary:

Tuesday 12th Feb 2013

(S) = Speed (SS) = SuperSpeed
(SF) = SuperFree

Today is an Red day

Breakfast:
Porridge(HxB), Sweetener and tsp Honey(1 syn)
Cup of tea, Skimmed milk(HxA)

Lunch:
Orange(S)(SF)
Strawberries(SS)(SF)

Dinner:
2 Slices Wholemeal(HxB), 1tsp Utterly Butterly(1 syn), 3 Rashers Bacon and 1 Frylight Fried Egg.

Pancake(3 syns), Lemon(SS)(SF) and Sweetener. Yum Yum!

Healthy Extra's:
Healthy A: 375ml Skimmed Milk x2
Healthy B: 35g Porridge, 2 Wholemeal 400g Loaf

Daily Syns: 4/15
Weekly Syns: 7/105

Last edited:
Here's my Pancake recipe, just incase anybody was wondering:)

Pancakes

Syns:
6 Large Pancakes - 3 syns each

Ingredients:
¾ cup/3½ oz Plain flour
½ cup/125ml Skimmed milk
2 Eggs
Fry light

Method:
- Sift the flour into a large mixing bowl with the sieve held high above the bowl, so the flour gets an airing.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour, break the eggs into it and begin whisking the eggs into the flour.
- Gradually add the milk in small quantities, whilst still mixing, making sure to scrape any elusive bits of flour around the edge into the centre, then continue whisking until the batter is smooth. Leave the batter to rest for 10 minutes.
- Spray the frying pan with Frylight and heat until very hot, then turn the pan down to a medium heat. Add a ladle of batter to evenly and thinly coat the base of the pan.
- Cook until set and lightly golden, then flip over the pancake and cook on the other side until done.
- Remove from the pan onto a plate, add your toppings and enjoy!

Syns breakdown:
¾ cup/3½ Plain flour(17½ syns)
½ cup/125ml Skimmed milk(HxA)
Total = 17½ syns, divided by 6 = 2.91 (round up to 3 syns)

Pancakes sound amazing ;)

have you ever thought about using maple syrup instead of honey for your porridge? I know it sounds wierd but i changed and it was lovely. Also you save half a syn :D xx
Oh my gosh, is Maple Syrup only half a syn?? *excited dance* (It's very sad that I get excited over discovering low syn foods lol) I will pick some up ASAP! Thank you hunni:) x x

I didn't know Maple Syrup was lower in syns than honey. Oooooh ;)

And wow, your 3 syn pancakes sound brilliant!! Will have to give them a try some time. The veggie place I go to makes wholemeal pancakes, which are amazing :D x

Hi Wink of Pink

Thanks, I have copied the Pancake recipe to try on Fri Nt - we're having them with Apples cooked in Cinnamon and Water. Cant wait these are after the curry which is in this months mag.

Already had the Cheese and Ham Pasta Bake - Not enough cheese but needs must.

Cant wait for Pancakes and MAPLE Syrup.........

Kats
xx

I'm no sure on portion sizes so I cook for 4 and then freeze the rest. (but sometimes doncha just wanna eat the whole lot or am I just the piggy here)

I didn't know Maple Syrup was lower in syns than honey. Oooooh ;)

And wow, your 3 syn pancakes sound brilliant!! Will have to give them a try some time. The veggie place I go to makes wholemeal pancakes, which are amazing :D x
It's fab isn't it!! I begrudgingly put honey on my porridge this morning... Lol ripped off by half a syn:D

Aww thanks lovey! I blummin' love pancakes! Wholemeal pancakes sound yummy! I wish Spelt flour wasn't so high in syns, makes lovely pancakes!

There's a pancake (well more like crepe's) recipe in an old SW mag, drizzled with melted Rolo's, I can't believe i've only just remembered it now….might have to break tradition and make me some pancakes!! Lol:D x x

Hi Wink of Pink

Thanks, I have copied the Pancake recipe to try on Fri Nt - we're having them with Apples cooked in Cinnamon and Water. Cant wait these are after the curry which is in this months mag.

Already had the Cheese and Ham Pasta Bake - Not enough cheese but needs must.

Cant wait for Pancakes and MAPLE Syrup.........

Kats
xx

I'm no sure on portion sizes so I cook for 4 and then freeze the rest. (but sometimes doncha just wanna eat the whole lot or am I just the piggy here)
Hi Hunni, thanks for visiting my diary:)

*Swoons* Pancakes with apple and cinnamon sounds amazing! I hope you enjoy them hun, let me know how you get on with them:D

The curry looks delicious doesn't it! A curry then pancakes, sounds like the perfect Friday night!:)

I keep hearing about this cheese pasta bake, I think I need to try it!

Lol I know exactly what you mean!! There's only 3 of us and most recipes serve 4… so very large portions (although i'm not complaining;) lol) This cold weather doesn't help either, all I want to do is snuggle up, hibernate and EAT:D lol!! x x

Wednesday 13th Feb 2013

(SF) = SuperFree

Today is an Green day

Breakfast:
Porridge(HxB), Sweetener and tsp Honey(1 syn)

Lunch:
Pink Lady Apple(S)(SF)
Alpen Light Cherry Bakewell(½HxB)

Dinner:
Chicken*(½HxB) Egg Fried Rice
Spring Onions(S)(SF), Marrowfat Pea's(S), Egg, Soy Sauce, 50ml Mayflower Curry Sauce(2 syns)
* Chicken used as ½HxB as only had 2 small slices on the side

H'made Butterfly Cake(3 syns)

Healthy Extra's:
Healthy B: 35g Porridge, 1 Alpen Light/56g Chicken

Daily Syns: 6/15
Weekly Syns: 13/105

Last edited:
Hey lovelys! I've been experimenting in the kitchen once again lol. I wanted to make REAL cakes but keep the syns relitively low. You could replace the sugar with sweetener, but lets be honest, they never taste as good!;) I made 12 cakes using small/average sized cases, but you could also use mini cupcake cases.

1a330cd0-593e-45c2-affd-406d48e799dd_zpsf706dc9c.jpg

Mini Butterfly Cakes

Syns:
12 average cakes - 3 syns each
or 24 mini cakes - 1½ syns each

Ingredients:
50g Flora light
50g Caster sugar
40g Self-raising flour, sifted
1 medium egg
Vanilla essence

For the buttercream:
28g Icing sugar
25g Flora light
Vanilla essence

Method:
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees and line the muffin tray with cupcake cases.
- Sift the flour into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the butter, sugar, egg and a few drops of vanilla essence and whisk all of the ingredients together until thoroughly combined. You want the batter to be a good dropping consistency, so if the mixture is too thick, add 1-2 Tbsp of milk and combine once more.
- Using a teaspoon, drop a little batter into each baking case, filling just over halfway.
- Place the cakes in the oven for 20 minutes (10 minutes if making mini cupcakes).
- Once cooked and golden, remove the cakes from the oven and leave to stand for 5 minutes, then transfer cakes to a cooling rack.

Buttercream:
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk the butter until it's smooth and creamy.
- Add the icing sugar and a couple of drops of vanilla essence and combine all of the ingredients together.
- Using a knife, carve a circle about 1-1½cm width out of the cakes, leaving a cavity in the centre. Cut the rounds in half and set aside.
- Using a teaspoon, fill the centre of each cake with the buttercream and then return the two pieces of cake to sit on top of the buttercream like butterfly wings.
- Dust with a little icing sugar.

Syns breakdown:
50g Flora light(8.75 syns)
50g Caster sugar(10 syns)
40g Self-raising flour(6½ syns)

28g Icing sugar(5 syns)
25g Flora light(4 syns)
Total = 34.25 syns, divided by 12 = 2.85 (Round up to 3 syns)

Thursday 14th Feb 2013

(SF) = SuperFree

Today is an Green day

Breakfast:
2 Weetabix(HxB), Banana(SF) and Skimmed milk(HxA)

Lunch:
Pink Lady Apple(S)(SF)
Mullerlight Vanilla

Dinner:
Dinner:
Youngs Large Breaded Cod(HxB+1½ syns), Actifry Chips(1 syn) and Mushy Pea's(SS), Tbsp Ketchup(½ syn)

Cadbury Highlights(2 syns)
Strawberries(SS)(SF)

Healthy Extra's:
Healthy B: 2 Weetabix, 142g Cod

Daily Syns: 5/15
Weekly Syns: 18/105

Last edited:
Those cakes are so cute :D Looks like you had a really good day food/syn wise too! But didn't you try any of your cakes??
Awww thank you hun! Yesss I did, I couldn't resist! They're my favourite:D I'm glad you mentioned this! I need to update wednesdays, I put it on earlier in the day.

I wish I had some of those butterfly cakes left (I'm feeling very snack today lol), my Godson came round with Valentines card and some flowers for me, little cutie, so I let him take some cakes. x x

Aww that's so sweet of your nephew! Definitely deserved some cake ;) I did think it odd that the cakes weren't on your diary. Was wondering how you could resist lol! You're so good with stuff like that though. I just don't bake now because I know I couldn't resist them.x

Back