WinkOfPink_ Food Diary.

WinkOfPink_

Hi everyone, Happy New Year! I hope everyone has had an amazing Christmas.

I've not been too bad over Christmas, but i've definitely rekindled my love for mince pies and have raided every Roses tin in sight for the Dairy Milk's;) (Is it just me or are the tin's much smaller this year?!)

I'll no longer be writing in my old diary "WinkOfPink And A Target Food Diary", but thank you for all of your lovely comments and support throughout.

Last edited:
Happy 2013! …It feel's so strange writing that!

I have to say, when I left Minimins in October, I decided it would be good for me, relaxing, not writing down every syn, enjoying the run up to Christmas, but the truth be told I miss having a food diary, reading your food diaries, sharing recipes and my experiments in the kitchen!

This morning was spent making mince pies to take to my Auntie's New Years Day party (not too bad for my first attempt lol). I knew there would be lots of naughty food at the buffet, so I decided to have a late lunch/early tea before heading out so I wouldn't be tempted by all the goodies!

40910F74-5051-4350-A0A2-514C51F942BD-825-000000B3915C0207_zps92af13e9.jpg

(S) = Speed (SS) = SuperSpeed
(SF) = SuperFree

Today is a Extra Easy
day

Breakfast:

Porridge oat's(HxB), Sweetener and Banana
Cup of tea, Skimmed milk(HxA)

Early Dinner:
Pork loin, SW roast potatoes, Carrots(S)(SF), Pea's(S), Sage and onion stuffing ball(3 syns), Bisto gravy(2 syns)

Snacks:
2 Clementines(S)(SF)

Healthy Extra's:
Healthy A: 375ml Skimmed milk
Healthy B: 35g Porridge Oat's

Daily Syns: 5/15
Weekly Syns: 5/90

Last edited:
Aww thanks hun, lovely to be back - i've just been catching up with your diary:).

I got my mum an Actifry for Christmas, so we gave it a whirl tonight and I was really impressed! Using only a tsp oil, we had a big batch of chips in 35 mins for 1 syn each.

(SF) = SuperFree

Today is a Extra Easy day

Late breakfast:
Porridge(HxB), Sweetener and tsp Syrup(1 syn)

Dinner:
3 Birdseye fish fingers(6 syns), Actifry chips(1 syn) and Mushy peas(SS)

Snacks:
Pink lady apple(S)(SF)

Healthy Extra's:
Healthy A: 375ml Skimmed milk

Daily Syns: 8/15
Weekly Syns: 13/90

(SF) = SuperFree

Today is an Extra Easy day

Late breakfast:
Porridge(HxB), Sweetener and tsp Honey(1 syn)

Dinner:
Tonight we had the Mixed Bean Chilli (EE Cookbook)
Extra Lean Mince, Onions(S)(SF), Garlic(SF), Red pepper(S)(SF), Tomatoes(S)(SF), Passata(S)(SF), Five mixed beans(S), Red kidney beans(SS), Cumin, Paprika and Chilli powder.
Served with boiled rice.

581351C8-2A80-49EE-86C2-84B634BED5AF-1515-00000159D0F47B5D_zps666e011a.jpg

Snacks:
Orange(S)(SF)
Homemade mince pie(6 syns)
Just out of curiosity, Last night I worked out the syn value for my homemade mince pies and found them to be 6 syns each (I didn't even aim for them to be SW friendly) It makes me wonder what's added to the shop bought to make them double the syns?

Healthy Extra's:
Healthy A: 350ml Skimmed milk

Daily Syns: 7/15
Weekly Syns: 20/90

Last edited:
First proper shop tomorrow since Christmas/New Year period, so a nice simple tea tonight (I'm not sure who I got the Actifry for... my mum or me;))
I have a long list of things I want to try, incl Douwe Egberts Roasted Hazelnut and Caramel coffee I keep hearing so much about! Has anybody tried these?

(SF) = SuperFree

Today is a Green day

Breakfast:

Lunch:
Orange(S)(SF)
Strawberries(SS)(SF)

Dinner:
Frylight fried egg, Actifry chips(1 syn) and lots of Vinegar!
1 slice Hovis Wholemeal(HxB)

Snacks:
H'made frothy coffee, skimmed milk(HxA)
Mince pie(6 syns) (the last one, thank god!)

Healthy Extra's:
Healthy B: 35g Porridge Oat's & 60g Wholemeal bread

Weekly Syns: 21/90

I can't wait to try the hazelnut! Have you tried the vanilla?:) Also, I can't remember if it was you who said the Alpro soya almond milk was quite sweet? Tesco's now have the unsweetened version. I didn't have time to go shopping this afternoon, so hopefully they'll have it in tomorrow.

(SF) = SuperFree

Breakfast:

Orange(S)(SF)

Dinner:
Chicken Tikka Massala
Chicken breasts, Onions(S)(SF), Garlic(SF), Red Chilli(S)(SF), Tomatoes(S)(SF), Passata(S)(SF), VLF Natural Yogurt, Fromage Frais, Tikka Powder, Cumin. Served with boiled rice and a few chips(0.5 syn)

Snacks:
Cup of tea, skimmed milk(HxA)
Mini diary milk(2 syns) mmm!;)

Healthy Extra's:

Daily Syns: 3.5/15
Weekly Syns: 24.5/90

I haven't tried the vanilla yet. It was always out of stock when it was on offer lol! I've got a 50p off voucher for the unsweetened Aplro Almond, but Asda didn't have it :rolleyes: I don't find it too sweet though and I only use them for cereal and hot chocolate anyway lol. I don't use mil for anything else except mac & cheese can't use nut milk for that though, it would taste weird!

Food's looking lovely btw :D

(SF) = SuperFree

Breakfast:
2 Weetabix, Banana and Skimmed milk(HxA)

Lunch:
Turkey, SW Roast Potatoes, Broccolli(S)(SF), Carrots(S)(SF), Mushy Pea's(SS) and Gravy(1 syn)

Snacks:
Strawberries(SS)(SF)
Vanilla Slice(12.5syns)

Healthy Extra's:
Healthy B: 2 Weetabix

Daily Syns: 13.5/15
Weekly Syns: 38/90

I thought i'd treat myself to a Vanilla tonight, after realising i'd only used 24.5 syns this week:confused:. It's the first time i've recorded weekly syns, I don't think you realise how quickly those unused syns add up!

I haven't tried the vanilla yet. It was always out of stock when it was on offer lol! I've got a 50p off voucher for the unsweetened Aplro Almond, but Asda didn't have it :rolleyes: I don't find it too sweet though and I only use them for cereal and hot chocolate anyway lol. I don't use mil for anything else except mac & cheese can't use nut milk for that though, it would taste weird!

Food's looking lovely btw :D

I've still not tried the Hazelnut and Caramel, it's only Tesco that has them on offer at the moment, so i'm hopefully going to nip in tomorrow. I think it's just Tesco that stocks the unsweetened at the moment (it's on offer 3 for £3 too) but like you, I don't use much milk, i'd never get through them lol!

Thanks hun!:) I've not really had much meals motivation this past week.

(SF) = SuperFree

Breakfast:

No Lunch/snacks. I wasn't very well this morning, couldn't finnish my breakfast or manage a cup of tea, so I went back to bed and tried to sleep it off
:(

Dinner:
Chicken Noodle Soup

Chicken breasts, Onions(S)(SF), Garlic(SF),Carrots(S)(SF),Celery(S)(SF), Chicken Stock and Vermicelli Rice Noodles.

a819466d_zpsffddd875.jpg

Apple strudel 1/6 serving(12.75 syns) & 150g Low-fat custard(6.5 syns) - Blooming lovely! (For medicinal purposes obviously;))

Healthy Extra's:
Healthy B: 35g Porridge oat's

Daily Syns: 19.5/15
Weekly Syns: 19.5/105

Last edited:
Morrison's sells the unsweetened milk too :) Yeah I wouldn't get through the 3 cartons of milk! I stock up when the long life ones are on offer tho :)

Oooh do they! I usually just have a look on that compare website My Supermarket, but it only came up Tesco. I'll have a look when i'm next in:). x

Bleurgh, still not feeling too good - thankfully feeling a little better than yesterday. Couldn't manage breakfast/cup of tea again, but managed to eat a Mullerlight in the afternoon. Please go away Mr evil bug, I want my appetite back!:(

Tuesday 8th Jan 2013

(S)
= Speed (SS) = SuperSpeed

(SF) = SuperFree

Breakfast:

Mullerlight Vanilla & Choc

Dinner:
SW Breaded Fish(EE Cookbook)
Cod(SS) Coated in 28g Paxo Breadcrumbs(5 syns), Actifry chips(0.5 syns) and Mushy Pea's(SS)

Snacks:Frothy coffee, skimmed milk(HxA)
Healthy Extra's:

Daily Syns: 6.5/15
Weekly Syns: 26.5/105

Last edited:
Morrison's at least have the long life one :)

Hope you're feeling better now? Your soup looked amazing! x

Aww thanks, I blooming love chicken noodle soup:) I need to get more into making soups, I wouldn't mind trying a butternut squash and sweet potato.
Feeling better than yesterday, just still feeling a little bit queazy and weak. How are you feeling today hun? Did you manage to make an appointment with CAB? .X

I love sweet potato and butternut squash soup. I have a spicy recipe from my friend :)

I'm not doing so great today. Didn't make it to CAB (my local one is a walk-in), but wrote down every single detail, so it's all there and I don't forget stuff. Urgh....x

I WI today (As i'm maintaining, I try not to WI too often because when I first reached target I was a serial weigher! Now I just like to keep my eye on it) and i've lost 1lb, i'm not sure how when i've been eating lots of goodies (apple strudel and custard, vanilla slice etc!!) I'm putting it down to my illness this week.

Wednesday 9th Jan 2013

(S)
= Speed (SS) = SuperSpeed

(SF) = SuperFree

Breakfast:
2 Weetabix(HxB), Banana(SF), Skimmed milk(HxA)

Mullerlight Coconut

Dinner:
Jacket Potato and Chicken Tikka Curry
Chicken breasts, Onions(S)(SF), Garlic(SF), Red Chilli(S)(SF), Tomatoes(S)(SF), Tomato Puree(SF), VLF Natural Yogurt, Fromage Frais, Tikka Powder.

Snacks:
Cup of tea, skimmed milk(HxA)
Homemade scone and 1tsp jam(8 syns) I'm going to re-post the recipe to my new diary

Healthy Extra's:
Healthy B: 2 Weetabix

Weekly Syns: 34.5/105

Last edited:
Back