WinkOfPink_ Food Diary.

Hey Lovely's! Now if you know me, you'll know that my biggest weakness is scones. I absoloutely LOVE them, but unfortunately there quite high in syns. I've tried a few of the SW scones recipes e.g. Yoghurt scones, but they've never turned out very well for me and as a fussy scones-critic... my search continued for a SW friendly "Real" scone!

After a bit of experimenting in the kitchen this afternoon, I've put together this recipe. They are so soft and delicious, my mum didn't even notice they were a lighter version! I'll definitely be using this as my staple scones recipe when I need my scones fix
:D

8e402013-ba27-4568-a1f5-1ed665225f14_zpsd4ba52ee.jpg

Afternoon Tea Scones

Syns:

6 average sized scones - 7 syns each
or 12 mini scones - 3.5 syns each

Ingredients:

170g/6 oz self raising flour
28g/1oz utterly butterly spread
125ml semi-skimmed milk
28g sultana's
1 tsp vanilla essence
Pinch of salt
Sweetener to taste

Method:
- Pre-heat oven to 230 degrees/gas mark 8.
- Sift the flour, salt and sweetener into a mixing bowl (hold back a little flour for dusting the work surface to roll the dough).
- Add the margarine and using your fingertips, rub the margarine into the flour until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the sultana's, 3/4 of the milk and the vanilla essence, mixing softly with a knife until you form a dough.
- Transfer the dough from the mixing bowl onto a floured surface.
- Lightly knead the dough until soft, then using your hands gently pat down the dough to a 1" thickness.
- Using a pastry cutter, cut out 6 scones (making sure not to twist the pastry cutter - as this will prevent the scones from rising).
- Place the scones onto a baking tray lightly sprayed with frylight.
- Brush the scones with the leftover milk then place them in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, until risen and golden.
- Enjoy warm or if you prefer them cold, cover the scones with a tea towel whilst cooling - this keeps them lovely and soft. Store in an air-tight container.

Syns breakdown:
6oz self raising flour (27 syns)
1oz utterly butterly spread (7.5 syns)
125ml semi-skimmed milk (3 syns)
28g sultana's (4 syns)
Total = 41.5 syns, divided by 6 = 6.91 - round up to 7 syns

Last edited:
I love sweet potato and butternut squash soup. I have a spicy recipe from my friend :)

I'm not doing so great today. Didn't make it to CAB (my local one is a walk-in), but wrote down every single detail, so it's all there and I don't forget stuff. Urgh....x

Awww lovely! Be sure to post the recipe if you get round to making it, i'd love to have a go!

Sorry to hear hun:(, i'm going to catch up on your diary now - so i'll reply more on there. xx

Here's the soup recipe, it's lovely!!!
"My sweet potato soup was a little bit improvised- I browned some onion and garlic with Fry Light, chopped up two big sweet potatoes and added enough stock to cover them (I use Kallo organic vegetable stock cubes for my soup, they're the best!) and added loads of pepper, a bit of dried rosemary because rosemary + sweet potato = yum, probably 1.5tsp of garam masala, 1tsp cumin, half a teaspoon of cinnamon and about 12 drops of hot sauce, though you could put in chilli powder to taste. Bring it to the boil, simmer for about 25-30 mins and blend it up! It'll make 4/5 lunch-sized portions.
I used two stock cubes this time because it was way too thick with just 1 and a half last time. "

I sometimes throw in butternut squash. And last time I made it there was a prechopped soup mix in Morrison's with butternut squash, carrot, and onion in. That was REALLY handy!xx

Here's the soup recipe, it's lovely!!!
"My sweet potato soup was a little bit improvised- I browned some onion and garlic with Fry Light, chopped up two big sweet potatoes and added enough stock to cover them (I use Kallo organic vegetable stock cubes for my soup, they're the best!) and added loads of pepper, a bit of dried rosemary because rosemary + sweet potato = yum, probably 1.5tsp of garam masala, 1tsp cumin, half a teaspoon of cinnamon and about 12 drops of hot sauce, though you could put in chilli powder to taste. Bring it to the boil, simmer for about 25-30 mins and blend it up! It'll make 4/5 lunch-sized portions.
I used two stock cubes this time because it was way too thick with just 1 and a half last time. "

I sometimes throw in butternut squash. And last time I made it there was a prechopped soup mix in Morrison's with butternut squash, carrot, and onion in. That was REALLY handy!xx

Aww thanks for the recipe hun. It sounds so nice!:)
I love those pre-chopped soup mixes. They're so handy! I'll have to keep my eye out for it in Morrisons, I usually get mine from Asda. xx

Thursday 10th Jan 2013

(S)
= Speed (SS) = SuperSpeed

(SF) = SuperFree

Today is a Green day

Breakfast:
Porridge(HxB), Sweetener and tsp Honey(1 syn)
Cup of tea, Skimmed milk(HxA)

Lunch:
Mullerlight Toffee
Banana(SF)

Dinner:
Scrambled eggs and beans on toast
1.5 slices Wholemeal bread(HxB), 2 Egg's scrambled and Baked beans(SS).

Snacks:
Teapigs Rooibos Creme Caramel

Healthy Extra's:
Healthy A: 350ml Skimmed milk
Healthy B: 35g Porridge Oat's & 60g Wholemeal bread

Daily Syns: 1/15
Weekly Syns: 35.5/105

Last edited:
Friday 11th Jan 2013

(S) = Speed (SS) = SuperSpeed
(SF) = SuperFree

Today is a Green day

Breakfast:
2 Weetabix(HxB), Skimmed milk(HxA) and Banana(SF)

Lunch:
Pineapple(S)(SF)

Dinner:
BirdsEye Breaded Fish Fillet(HxB+1.5 syns), Actifry Chips(0.5 syns) and Mushy Pea's(SS)

Banana(SF) and 200g Low-Fat custard(9 syns)

Healthy Extra's:
Healthy B: 2 Weetabix & 142g Cod

Daily Syns: 11/15
Weekly Syns: 46.5/105

Last edited:
I've just had my first Alpen Light chocolate and fudge bar… oh my gosh they are delicious! I'm being very good today, it's my Godson's 3rd birthday party tomorrow, so i'm going to bake him some cupcakes in the morning and will try my best not to lick any bowls or cutlery…no promises! Lol;)
I'm starting to get really bored of porridge and weetabix for breakfast… what do you guys have? Are there any cereals you get a good amount for your HxB??

Saturday 12th Jan 2013

(SF) = SuperFree

Today is a Extra Easy day

Breakfast:
2 Weetabix(HxB), Skimmed milk(HxA) and Banana(SF)

Lunch:
Pineapple(S)(SF)
Mullerlight Coconut

Dinner:
Chicken Tikka Massala
Chicken breasts, Onions(S)(SF), Garlic(SF), Red Chilli(S)(SF), Tomatoes(S)(SF), Passata(S)(SF), VLF Natural Yogurt, Fromage Frais, Tikka Powder, Cumin.
Served with boiled rice and a few chips(0.5 syn)

Snacks:
Alpen Light Chocolate & Fudge(3 syns)

Healthy Extra's:
Healthy B: 2 Weetabix

Daily Syns: 3.5/15
Weekly Syns: 50/105

Last edited:
I didn't get home till late from my Godson's party, so a little late with updating the diary. Lot's of 'Body Magic' baking yesterday, got the chance to try out my new baby (Food Mixer)…Exciting!! I promise there was no inappropriate licking action during the making;)

We have some Milky Bar cupcakes for the Kiddywinks but unfortunately I didn't blummin' get a picture! But here's one of the adults….
F1AB39BF-CE28-4BB9-ABD7-F783EEA4474F-1079-00000133BB619DF2_zps35cdd3b6.jpg

And here's a belated pic of the Gingerbread house I made him for Christmas….

CD92BAA6-E3FA-4605-BD9E-6F769BD65258-1079-00000133CC4FA4FC_zps5d659d0d.jpg

Sunday 13th Jan 2013

(SF) = SuperFree

Today is a Red day

Breakfast:
Porridge(HxB), Sweetener(HxA) and 1tsp Honey(1 syn)

Late Lunch:
Pork Loin, SW Roast Potato*, Broccoli(S)(SF), Carrots(S)(SF), Marrowfat Pea's(S)(1.5 syns) and Gravy(1 syn)
* I planned an EE day, but wasn't feeling very well in the afternoon and only picked at my Roast. So i'm syning the potato as (1.5 syns)

Snacks:
2 Weetabix(HxB), Skimmed Milk(HxA)
Cadburys Highlights(2 syns)

Healthy Extra's:
Healthy B: 35g Porridge Oat's & 2 Weetabix

Daily Syns: 7/15
Weekly Syns: 57/105

Last edited:
Oh wow! Your baking is amazing :D Well done on not licking the bowl lol.

I haven't discovered cereal that you can have a decent amount of. I stick with porridge or Weetabix too. I'd be really bored of it too if I worked full time and had it every day.
The chocolate and fudge Alpen Lights are yummy. I really like the Bakewell ones too!

Oh wow! Your baking is amazing :D Well done on not licking the bowl lol.

I haven't discovered cereal that you can have a decent amount of. I stick with porridge or Weetabix too. I'd be really bored of it too if I worked full time and had it every day.
The chocolate and fudge Alpen Lights are yummy. I really like the Bakewell ones too!

Awww thank you love! It's hard to resist…cake batter tastes so good:p!!! Lol

That's the thing, most cereal's you only get a teeny tiny portion and it would never fill me up!! I was having a look at an old SW book and 28g Crunchy Nut Cornflakes was a HxB!! If only!

Oooh i've not tried the Cherry Bakewell ones. I'll have to look out for them!:) xx

I tried to switch up my breakfast this morning to save my HxB for a wholemeal roll with tea tonight. I filled up a bowl with lots of fruit and thawed frozen berries, then sprinkled over a little muesli and milk, it was lovely! I might try a yoghurt bowl next time:)

Monday 14th Jan 2013

(SF) = SuperFree

Today is an Extra Easy day

Breakfast:
1Tbsp Simply Fruity Muesli(2.5 syns), Skimmed milk(HxA), 1/2 Banana(SF), Strawberries(SS)(SF), Raspberries(SS)(SF), Blueberries(SF), Blackberries(S)(SF)

Lunch:
Mullerlight Vanilla & Dark Chocolate

Dinner:
Turkey Burger in Wholemeal Roll(HxB), Actifry Chips(0.5 syn) and Baked Beans(SS)
Turkey Mince, Onion(S)(SF), Garlic(SF), Red Pepper(S)(SF), Egg, Mild Chilli Powder and Paprika.

Snacks:
Douwe Egberts Roasted Hazelnut Coffee, Skimmed Milk(HxA)
Brazilian Darkness(2 syns)

Healthy Extra's:
Healthy A: 350ml Skimmed Milk
Healthy B: 60g Wholemeal Roll

Daily Syns: 5/15
Weekly Syns: 5/105

Last edited:
Tuesday 15th Jan 2013

(SF) = SuperFree

Today is an Extra Easy day

Breakfast:
Fruit and Fibre(HxB), Skimmed milk(HxA) and Banana.

Lunch:
Strawberries(SS)(SF) and VLF Natural Yogurt
Douwe Egberts Caramel Coffee, Skimmed Milk(HxA)

Dinner:
Tonight we had the Chicken, lemon & garlic casserole from the SW website Chicken, lemon and garlic casserole - Recipes - Slimming World If anybody is thinking of trying it, I would definitely recommend it. It's delicious!:)

Chicken Breast's, Onion(S)(SF), Garlic(SF), Carrots(S)(SF), Celery(S)(SF), Lemon(SS)(SF), Baby New Potatoes and Knorr Chicken Stockpot.

Snacks:
Cadburys Highlights(2 syns)

Healthy Extra's:
Healthy A: 350ml Skimmed Milk
Healthy B: 35g Fruit & Fibre

Daily Syns: 2/15
Weekly Syns: 7/105

Last edited:
Back