***wintery wednesday daily thread***

Blingbabe

Back On Track!
Hello dear daily threaders

Just glanced out of the window and its snowing in the London suburbs! No wonder, it was getting increasingly colder as the evening progressed.

Oh my,what a time to be on a diet that makes us feel colder? Just as well its the one and only wonderful Cambridge Diet!! And I am now embarking on day 3, yippee. Its tough at the momment but will get easier, I know.

Working from home today (ideal) and was planning trip to a pantomime on the other side of London this evening,:dancing_snowman: not sure if that will happen, hopefully tube system will be working.

Good Luck to everyone, we can do it x

Ooohhhhhhh we have so much snow already in Hampshire and 16 inches due by morning. Work is closed so day off....yay. Fiance is just home from work so we'll have a fab morning waking up to no alarm sounding, freshly brewed coffee and going out to play in the snow. Almost forgetting about CD which is nice for a change lol.

Have a good day everyone xxx

Loads of snow in Bristol too. Just rang the bus company and my bus is cancelled. I can't get the car out of the drive either, and no taxi services! Just about to call work!

OOoooh and I lost 1lb at weigh in, which I am chuffed with! I have actually lost 5lb since re-start (but gained 4lb over Christmas) I'm just thrilled that I am again back to being the lightest I have been in 7 years!!! :):):) Don't ya just love Cambridge?!

And don't ya just love snowy weather that means no work and staying indoors all day?! he he he!!

Hugs x x x

we dont have as much as i hoped for here in Northamptonshire! which is pants, but as the rest of the country is so badly effected, i'm staying put and working from home!

Today is day 2 after a very successful and rewarding day 1! I have spent so much time beating myself up about food and weight, that it is nice to know it's coming off rather than worrying about it going on! I dont have scales at home and i'm not really wanting to weigh in with my CDC this weekend, so could be a while before i get on the scales to see the results, but i'm sure it wont take long for my clothes to get loose! HOPEFULLY! lol

Back to loving my soups! I never had it in a bowl before, but i do now and i really get to take my time with it and it feels so rewarding!

Hope everyone has a super day! Would love to see any snowy snaps if people have them?
xxx

Hey all, well here in Cambridge there is no sign of snow :( I was kind of hoping for a snow day so I didn't have to take my boys to school I have toncilitis ( however you spell it lol ) and am feeling really quite rubbish :( still I'm on day 4 of my restart and my scales seem to being kind to me even with totm, think the fact that I'm ill is making the water consumption a bit easier although I'm really craving lemonade (lemonade was always the answer if you were Ill when I was growing up lol)
hope everyone has a great day xx

Day 2 for me today too lizz. I'm glad I was able to get back into CD groove after a MAJOR landslide backwards. We're talking about 20lbs!!! And funnily, back in October when I hit that same weight I was soo happy! Goes to show, numbers can mess with your mind major. But I'm doing good and convinced I'll make it to goal

what is it about getting to "healthy" and "Goal" that makes us all think we are cured?

hhhhmmmmmmm, something worth pondering here!

Its like, yay, i'm "healthy" and that means i can eat like a pig and never gain weight? Why do we think like that?!?!?!?!

xx

Day 2 for me and another "snow day" school closed so no work yeah! :) going to concentrate on drinking water, I haven't made it passed day 2 in ages!

what is it about getting to "healthy" and "Goal" that makes us all think we are cured?

hhhhmmmmmmm, something worth pondering here!

Its like, yay, i'm "healthy" and that means i can eat like a pig and never gain weight? Why do we think like that?!?!?!?!

xx

I think it is more being healthy means feeling better in yourself :D But also, when at goal you can have what you like to eat but within moderation! The thing to remember is, if you do go overboard, to cut out some calories each day for the following week to ensure your weight stays steady ;)

My problem was, I ate bad things all the time and didn't cut back! Until one day I looked at myself and just knew I was killing myself...harsh, but true in the long run! :eek:

Most healthy people have take aways on special occassions or now and again, not weekly like obese people (including myself back in the day) :rolleyes:

For me, getting to goal will mean that I can be 'reborn' into new eating habbits, and maintain being healthy to ensure I am getting the best I can out of life! :D

BTW - Nice to have you back Lizz! Missed you hun. Did you have a good Christmas? Ooh and Happy New Year sweet :D

Hugs x x x

Morning all, it's snowy here, but I was going to work until I just threw up about 5 minutes ago- so decision made!

Anyway, good news is I'm about 4lbs down from Christmas damage, in day 3 and in the pink, so I'm very happy- been lucky that it's not too traumatic. Work has been great structure for keeping to it and I'm hoping a day at home won't muck me up!! Oh well will keep posting and keep busy!!!

Have a great day and I'll catch u later xx

Morning all,starting day 5 since my 2 week pig out and now 11 lbs down,8 more to go so when I get weighed next Tues I am sure it will be an official gain,unless a miracle happens......maybe I should go and stand naked in teh snow for a couple of days to shiver off the calories.
Mr T trapped in so not able to get on here much, as he using spare room as office.....but at least I have my man each night(oh not in that sense I'm shattered and sleeping like the dead going into ketosis).
Must rush,Master T up.
Well done Emma P!
Lizz I am loving the soups more than ever at the moment.
wonderful wednesday to all,can't wait til I can access to the pc again to chat properly,thing is Mr T's company all workaholics so he was working in here til 10pm last night...by which time I'm zonked. xx

I think it is more being healthy means feeling better in yourself :D But also, when at goal you can have what you like to eat but within moderation! The thing to remember is, if you do go overboard, to cut out some calories each day for the following week to ensure your weight stays steady ;)

My problem was, I ate bad things all the time and didn't cut back! Until one day I looked at myself and just knew I was killing myself...harsh, but true in the long run! :eek:

Most healthy people have take aways on special occassions or now and again, not weekly like obese people (including myself back in the day) :rolleyes:

For me, getting to goal will mean that I can be 'reborn' into new eating habbits, and maintain being healthy to ensure I am getting the best I can out of life! :D

BTW - Nice to have you back Lizz! Missed you hun. Did you have a good Christmas? Ooh and Happy New Year sweet :D

Hugs x x x

thanks hun! :D it was a wonderful time! :D

How about yourself?

The trouble is that i used to feel like this, and then i had a day at a wedding and i ate ate ate! I was uncontrolable and all logic went out the window!
I have messed about since that day (IN SEPTEMBER!!!) and everything i learned in theory went out the window! Its so hard! :(

I need in future to keep a diary of everything that goes in my mouth, but the other thing i'm going to do is look into seeing a hypnotheropist to look into my emotional eating!

One day i will get it, i just hope its soon! lol

xx

Good morning everyone, sounds like most of uk has become a winter wonderland! Here in the south eastern corner of Kent we have none. There was plenty last night driving home from work but nothing here just a few miles down the road - so glad as I hate taking the dog out when its all slippy and icy!

Today is day 3 for me and I'm delighted that I have managed to do 2 days 100%.......haven't managed that for months so it feels like I've cracked it at last!:) Here's to a great day for all of us - morning coffee here I come, lol.

Morning Ladies,

I was pleased when I weighed myself for the first time in a month yesterday morning -- and was only up less than 2 KG. I hated having a gain, but it could have been much worse with all the holiday parties, meals cooked at home, going out in London with visitors, etc. But, as I promised myself I would started back on CD yesterday (son and neice flew out -- thank goodness -- from Gatwick on Monday). And, so noe it Day 2 for me as it is for Linn, ELme2 and Trish.

And, I managed (surprisingly easily) to SS day one. Just 2 CD soups (am loving them when it is so cold), 1 shake, coffee, decaf tea, flavoured water, and water. I think being home alone with just the dog helped (I'm not interested in her food, yet).

Miss PK,

Does CD in the UK do a lemon water flavouring? I use Lemon Flavoured Crystal Light -- Crystal Light (it is listed at L4.89 for an 8 quart tub) and it does not seem to keep me from going into ketosis (at least in the past -- I'll let you know on day 4, if I think it has hindered things).

I also live in Cambridgeshire (near Huntingdon) and my daughter's school taxi driver told me this morning that we're to get our heavy snowfall tonight. I'll call my husband at work (since he has access to the US military weather updates) later today and see what they think at the post.

Shanny if you're not working... what are your plans? Also, how is your CDing going?

I'll be able to pop in through out the day now that I am back to being a "homemaker".

Have a Wild and Wintery Wednesday.

MM

P.S. In the US it is spelled tonsillitis -- I used to do medical records (years ago) and I finally made myself and "cheat sheet" of medical spellings because they were so daunting. LOL

I love snow...... but my god it causes chaos on the roads and for work places and schools and parents and just about anybody that cant work from home easily.

OH had phone calls from 6am this morning so was up with him too. Was meant to be in work by half 7, eventually got here at ten to 9 :)
At least i made it and now im being told boss is senfding us all home at about 11.... Pretty pointless me coming in after all!!

Never mind, im here and i get a few things done and drink lots of water and green tea :)

My poor puppy Roxy sunk in the snow and she was actually having to bound through it to keep her nose out the snow.... bless her! Safe to say she didnt venture into it again.

Right now i best get back to work and time for the loo dash again *dammit* I seem to spend more time in the loo than i do at my desk haha

Morning All !

Day 4 of restart and I am having a hot chocolate shake - YUMMY !

I was locked out this morning as my barrel in my door froze, so I had to sit in the car for half an hour til my mate came with WD40 which sorted it ! Freezing now tho !

Hubby waiting to see if he is off the M'Chester today (overnight thing and then conference tomorrow) hope not as I drove the girls to school this morning and skidded accross the other side of the road ! And I was doing about 4mph ! Scary stuff !

Anyways, hope everyone has a great CD day !

Morning everyone,
Well it is weigh in day for me today. Appointment is 11.45, so hoping I can get there. Schools are shut here so have my daughter at home but thankfully Nursery is open so my son has gone in for a couple of hours. Got to pick him up at 11.30, drop him home and go to WI. Just hope I can get there. Main roads are clear so should be ok.

Is still snowing here, but it is so slushy underfoot it horrid.

Have decided I am going to write a diary to help me through Cambridge, so after weigh in I will start it. Am also going to try and up my water intake as I am sure if I drank more I would feel less hungry.

Charlie xx

It's snowing in Cambridgeshire near Huntingdon... so, I guess our big blast is on its way!

kayas school is shut till further notice so home with me

no packs so far and 1 litre down

Back