wishing for skinny legs

Just catching up... you are doing great :D :D

So I abandoned the thread for a while because of work and just life really.
Still keeping with the sw and doing well. I'm 11 stone now the lightest I've been in a long time! I'm going on holiday in a four weeks and a wedding in 7 and in that time I'd like to loose another 7lb. I reckon it's achievable!
Life is going well, I've finally got a full time job as a reception teacher starting in September which I can't wait to start because ive been through a lot to get here!
I hope you're all well x

Welcome back SkinnyLegs, and fantastic news both on the weight loss front and on the job front! Great to see you back :)

Thank you. How is your new job going?
Another good day I do however want chocolate. I bought some chocolate coated pretzles which probably isn't the best idea but they are currently at the back of a dark cupboard!

New job is going really well thank you! Two months in and I'm off my probation period and onto a full time contract, really looking positive for the future.

And damn those pesky chocolate pretzels! x

Unfortunately I lost the battle but instead of going completely off the rails I just had that. I'm going to lower my syns for a few days because I've been at the top end for the past few days.
Off to pick some elderflower later so that will get the body magic pumping.

Ooooh nice what you going to do with the elderflowers? I usually make champagne and syrup but they aren't very good for you so might give it a miss ;)

I haven't been here in ages but lets update you:
When I started this I had several goals but in particular to be able to fit in a dress for a wedding and not to feel awful, well I achieved this!
I also went on holiday and actually felt somewhat confident when walking about in a swim suit.
I managed to get a job as a reception teacher and I'm loving it!
I went back to slimming world group.
I needed to go back to group to get that extra motivation and it was going really well until September came and I've slowly put on 8.5 lb over 9 weeks. There are reasons and this is mainly due to things being new and losing my way a bit. How easy is it to grab that easy thing that has sugar in it to keep you going. Also beginning every week with, this week will be really good and it loosing its way some what.
Though i've found my way back through much clawing up again and that fact that I'm now paying to put weight on?!
I'll put photos up later so this change can be tracked and trust me like before it will be filled with mad rambles and why moments but I will get there because I've done it before.

So it all started sooo well and then fizzled out with a huge fizz.
However it's started with vengeance on Saturday and it's going well today I struggled with christmas shopping. Trying to find something sw friendly in town is massively difficult however instead of diving into a fast food place I got some pasta n sauce and then had it when I went home. I just need to keep this up till this weight shifts.

Your back! :D so pleased everything is going great for you at the moment - and congrats on your job! I love that you have achieved so many of your goals :) hope you are well! xx

Thank you. I stayed the same this week which is a bit gutting but it's coming to that time of year where food is at it's worse.
Fingers crossed its a better weight loss next week.

Ok so before Christmas I made some rubbish attsmpt at getting back on plan because as I always think yep I can do this on my own...... yep we've all thought this. So its the 2nd of January tomorrow and I'm going back to group facing those scales because I know I've put on all the weight and more!
I'm looking forward to it because I'm feeling really sluggish and bleugh. New year and new me.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

It's more about getting toned legs now x

Well I wasn't quite anticipating that! I'm the heaviest I have ever been however onwards and lighter. I've got a food shop coming tonight but I'm having a whole day on plan my only worry is that I joined in the morning and I'm only able to go to the evening weigh ins but it should be ok.

Ahh good to have you back. You can do this :) Well done on fitting into yoru wedding dress and finding a job - people say that big changes in life are the hardest to keep motivation at weight loss during...you've done well by spotting it and doing something about it before it gets out of hand - am looking forward to your rambles again :) xx

Haha thabk you. Did you change jobs? How is everything with you? X

Took my measurements today wow who knew it was possible to have larger hips than I did, oh well.
Told the oh about the weight gain and bless him he said I didn't feel very heavy as he picked me up- they never grow up!

Not changed jobs yet, am working on that still! Its really hard to do as the job market here is just awful. I'm hoping to go self employed in 3 or 4 months and start up my own gardening business :) But will see how that goes...

OH sounds lovely and supportive - you'll have those measurements down before you know it. Are you following Slimming world again? x

Oh that sounds lovely! I wouldn't have a clue what to do, I'll keep to the potted plants! Have you still got your allotment?
Yeah back to slimming world I just find it an easy diet to follow. Are you still going to group?

First day back on plan for AGES! It's been really good and I've enjoyed it. Overcame a big challenge today went tp the cinema and took a bag of snack a jacks rather than buying a share bag of dorritos for one!
Feeling positive but it's only day one.

Back