woman of the year 2014

Its good to get involved - it makes for a good atmosphere (relaxed and helpful)

Im going to approach my consultant this week and see if she will mention ideas for our group Xmas party/outing. x

Im going to approach my consultant this week and see if she will mention ideas for our group Xmas party/outing. x

Christmas Sheila? :O lol x
I suppose you are right though, won't feel it creeping up on us x :)

Oh by the way - I love having the little badges in my signature here. Couldn't find one for Woman of the Year so made up my own in work today. I DID do some other work, honest! Lol x
If anyone would like to use it too, feel free xxx

We have a huge Christmas raffle with lovely prizes...we started selling the tickets last week!!

Lovely badge you designed Vavaness! clever you.

I won woman of the year in my group a couple of weeks back and was honoured that the group chose me. I joined in February this year and have lost just under 4 1/2 stone, the other ladies who were nominated were also really inspiring, I think I probably won because I don't go with any friends just me and my 8 month old and stay to meetings each week. I still have another 4-41/2 stone to go but it was really nice to be nominated and win.

Hi, I took yesterday off work as I actually went to weigh in on Tuesday and got on the scales, biggest mistake ever, I know it was * week but I have never gained on * week but that changed, was up 1.5Ibs

I know the reason and I was 100% on plan but I have to be honest, I was gutted

Not sure does anyone know that I'm going through fertility and I had been thinking "maybe I am" you know scenario but I had the gain but back on plan again and will be as usual for the rest of the week but on the plus side, for winning woman of the year I will be on our local paper I think next week and the fact that my class voted me woman of the year is enough to put a smile on my face

I also won Woman of the Year in my group last night. I was so touched and I know it may not feel like it to some, but to me it was a great honour coming from my group. I have lost almost 4.5 stone since January, and our group is just brilliant, its a pleasure to stay to class.

Hi, I took yesterday off work as I actually went to weigh in on Tuesday and got on the scales, biggest mistake ever, I know it was * week but I have never gained on * week but that changed, was up 1.5Ibs

I know the reason and I was 100% on plan but I have to be honest, I was gutted

Not sure does anyone know that I'm going through fertility and I had been thinking "maybe I am" you know scenario but I had the gain but back on plan again and will be as usual for the rest of the week but on the plus side, for winning woman of the year I will be on our local paper I think next week and the fact that my class voted me woman of the year is enough to put a smile on my face

Ive "liked" for the woman of the year and newspaper story well done. I "unlike" the gain
I know your disappointed ive been there many times and even had tears. Sometimes our bodies play funny buggas with us. Just stick with it you will have a good loss next week. Good luck x

I also won Woman of the Year in my group last night. I was so touched and I know it may not feel like it to some, but to me it was a great honour coming from my group. I have lost almost 4.5 stone since January, and our group is just brilliant, its a pleasure to stay to class.

Well done Karen thats great x

Thanks Sheila, the way I see it now is what is done is done and I cant delete that gain, I just have to accept us women find it difficult to maintain let alone lose on * week but hopefully I will lose a lot next Tuesday. I'm on the soup every day and I will get the ingredients to make more this evening and have that every day, usually I lose a lot when I go back on the soup

Looking forward to a relaxing weekend and getting lots of body magic in, the weather is really bad here in Ireland but that is supposed to change tomorrow and hopefully I will get out walking more

HELP! ... It's the regional finals this weekend and my official invitation seems to have gone astray (according to my consultant I should have received it already). I'm obviously OK for date, time and place but I don't have any other info and my consultant (though adorable) is vague at times and hasn't given me any other details. Does anyone know if I have to give a speech and, if so, how long and what is it supposed to cover?

HELP! ... It's the regional finals this weekend and my official invitation seems to have gone astray (according to my consultant I should have received it already). I'm obviously OK for date, time and place but I don't have any other info and my consultant (though adorable) is vague at times and hasn't given me any other details. Does anyone know if I have to give a speech and, if so, how long and what is it supposed to cover?

Aww thats great that your through hun well done. I dont know the sketch but would imagine you would have to say at little something about yourself, just the same as group what made you join, what do you love about SW etc. Maybe jot a few pointers down just to go over before the night ? x Good Luck hun

I have a few key notes from when I had to do the one at my group (I saved it on my computer because I'm anal like that lol), so I'll have a look at it and see if it might be OK. Thanks Texty :) xx

I have a few key notes from when I had to do the one at my group (I saved it on my computer because I'm anal like that lol), so I'll have a look at it and see if it might be OK. Thanks Texty :) xx

Your very welcome when is it? let us know how you do hun x

It's at 10am this coming Sunday ... one thing about not having had the invite yet, is that it's all come along in a 'whoosh', so at least I haven't been worrying about it before now.

I have a couple of outfit choices - mainly thanks to an emergency call to an old friend last night, who arrived bearing armfuls of dresses. I'm not normally a dress person, so my wardrobe is full of work separates, jeans,skinny trousers and assorted shirts/tops - nothing suitable at all apart from a white and black bodycon dress that I love, but think might be too dressy ... I'll make my final choice on Saturday (or Sunday lol) and I've resigned myself to spending Saturday beautifying myself (also not something I'd normally spend my precious time off doing, but hey ho).

Here's the black and white dress ... what do you think? Too much? I can dress it down a bit with a wide black belt and my black heels are just plain courts with a medium heel, but I don't want to stand out like a sore thumb!

Bodycon Bardot Dress - Matalan

It's at 10am this coming Sunday ... one thing about not having had the invite yet, is that it's all come along in a 'whoosh', so at least I haven't been worrying about it before now.

I have a couple of outfit choices - mainly thanks to an emergency call to an old friend last night, who arrived bearing armfuls of dresses. I'm not normally a dress person, so my wardrobe is full of work separates, jeans,skinny trousers and assorted shirts/tops - nothing suitable at all apart from a white and black bodycon dress that I love, but think might be too dressy ... I'll make my final choice on Saturday (or Sunday lol) and I've resigned myself to spending Saturday beautifying myself (also not something I'd normally spend my precious time off doing, but hey ho).

Here's the black and white dress ... what do you think? Too much? I can dress it down a bit with a wide black belt and my black heels are just plain courts with a medium heel, but I don't want to stand out like a sore thumb!

Bodycon Bardot Dress - Matalan

I think it's gorgeous!

Thanks Emsie :) I bought it on a whim and then thought 'not that I ever go anywhere that I'm likely to wear it', so at least it would ensure it gets at least one outing lol

Back