Woman worries

Annabellacarribean

whoisshe_AnnieMac
Hi everyone,

I am slightly worried.... I am on my third week of Sw but my period is ten days late I am defiantly not pregnant as ive done two clear blue tests and A normal one. My cycle is always on time too.Has anyone else experienced this on slimming world? I am juat wondering is it normal cus i would generally think eating healty would do the opposite to this.

Thanks peeps

Any change in your diet can cause changes in your cycle. If it doesn't show up in another few weeks I'd talk to a doctor, but I wouldn't worry just yet

I was just about to say exactly what Donna said! It's really quite bizarre the ways a change in diet can affect your body.

Definitely get it checked!
It's most likely to be just an anomaly and harmless, however there are more sinister causes.
My periods stopped for six months, it turned out that years of heavy periods had made me so anaemic my body had stopped releasing eggs. A friend discovered after two missed periods that it wasn't the Menopause but cervical cancer.
So please... don't worry but get it checked xxx

Just to say it is most likely just a hormonal fluctuation due to a diet change / wt loss. But pregnancy tests are not always accurate. Did you use your 1st early morning sample? As this will be the most concentrated with beta hcg the hormone the sticks detect. If your period hasn't arrived by 2 weeks post due and preg definitely negative just go to your gp for a check.

I think quite a few of us experience changes to the cycle when first starting a new diet. I had been on the pill (cerazette) for 18months without a period before starting SW. Two weeks after I started, I had a period that lasted 3 or 4 days. Then another one a week or so later and then nothing again since (for the past 7 months) :) I don't think it's anything to worry about but if you really are concerned there's no harm in going to get it checked :)

Back