Working long shifts

NN89

Sexy Member
Hey, Im on summer hols at the moment (yay!) so am working my arse off to get some cash, however this is the first time ive been working shifts since ive started slimming world, did a 12hour shift today and only got to eat some cereal, banana, 2 cups of tea, cous cous and a chicken breast all shift! Much less than what i'd eat normally, and naturally the key to SW is 'eat when hungry' something i'm not doing!

Anyone got any tips?
On the plus side, met a 30 odd yr old man today on the ward, started crying telling me how much he wants to start loosing weight etc, he was exactly the same weight as me when i started SW (17st) and i told him about SW and countdown, and he looked so grateful, think hes going to seriously consider it :)

Its great when you can pass on your wisdom about SW to someone isnt it!!! Well done you.

As for long shifts, the only advice i can give is to make sure you take plenty of food with you and MAKE the time to eat every so often, especially when your hungry. Even if it is carrot sticks. I know it is easier said than done, I did an 8 hour shift the other day coz it was so busy and I only nipped to the canteen once for one minute to grab a banana. Problem was, I felt so ill afterwards coz my body wasnt used to it.
I cant really think of anything else to suggest though im afraid!! x x x x

Thanks for the tip victorial, unfortunately its hard to just pop out and snack on something quickly! Anyone else got any tips?

Back