Working my way through SW Extra Easy Cookbook

Since rejoining two weeks ago, I've been making lots of lovely meals from the EE Cookbook. So far, I've made:

Tuna and sweetcorn fritters
Bacon and butternut squash risotto
Honey-glazed pork chops
Beef lasagne

Have previously made liver and bacon, and beef stew.

They've all been really good (although I'd recommend just two garlic cloves, not four, in the risotto), and easy to make without the need to buy lots of expensive ingredients. Recipes like the tuna fritters are also good because as well as being cheap, you can get alot of the ingredients out of the cupboard.

I now plan my meals for the week ahead, making enough so leftovers can become my lunch the next day.

Am making the turkey meatballs tomorrow, then haddock and pea risotto for Friday.

Start date: 1 June
Week 1: 4lb lost :D
Week 2: 1lb lost :confused: (thought I would have lost more, had been really good other than one meal that I Flexi-synned)

Have to stay motivated :wave_cry:

Mm you've prompted me to get my copy off the shelf and pick a few new recipes to try this week! :)

(I can never count on a loss if I have flexisynned a meal, the most I usually hope for is to stay the same. So a 1lb loss isn't at all bad especially as SW say a 1-2lb average loss is expectable. :) )

I love going through the cookbooks and old magasines and trying out new meals. Makes dinner time much more interesting and also some of the recipes are so easy and just taste soooo good :D

Great idea! I think I'll take a look at my EE cookbook, I've only made one dish from it LOL!

sorry im not at home so i cant check for you, although i wouldnt think so, from memory there is noting in it that isnt suitable for a green day. it has a couple of syns because it has light coconut milk in the recipe (but well worth it)! x

Mm you've prompted me to get my copy off the shelf and pick a few new recipes to try this week! :)

(I can never count on a loss if I have flexisynned a meal, the most I usually hope for is to stay the same. So a 1lb loss isn't at all bad especially as SW say a 1-2lb average loss is expectable. :) )
Thanks, Plumfoodie, that's really helped get me motivated, I've gone from a :( to a :)!

Hope you enjoy your EE cooking. By the way, it's beef meatballs tonight, as the only turkey mince at the supermarket was obviously mixed meat, and TWICE the fat of Extra Lean beef mince - I didn't realise that you can get "Turkey Mince" or "Turkey Breast Mince".

Have a great week! ;)

Just had the haddock and pea risotto, and it was delicious! I couldn't get much haddock, so added some prawns as well. As hubby (Mr H) isn't keen on onion, left that out, but think next time I would add some chopped chives (bizarrely he likes them) and a squeeze of lemon right at the end.

SW is the only diet - sorry - healthy living regime I know where we have ended up eating better than normal! So long as I plan, plan, plan what we're eating for the week and cook a bit extra for lunch the next day.

Mr H taste rating: 9.75/10 :clap:

Back