Gold Member
Female - 3
Breastfeeder - 0
Age - 4
Stones - 19
Height - 2
Daily Acvtivity - 0

WW Points Allowance - 28

I decided to do this out of curiosity. Interesting!

So how does one work out the points allocated to food?

Hi CC

There are online calculators, or when you join WW they give you a 'card' calculator. Not 100% sure how to describe (hopefully someone who knows better will be along) but it's quite easy once you get the hang of it :)

If you divide the kcals of the food by 70, then divide the saturated fat by 4... add these two figures together, you have the points for that item. [You'll get fractions doing this, so round up, or down, to the nearest 0.5pt, depending on the figure].

However, there's also Zero Point foods, which is most veg [except potatoes, sweetcorn & peas], plus Sugar Free Squashes/Fizzy Drinks. All fruit has point values.

[Kcals / 70] + [Sat fat. / 4] = POINTS

Also, i find this calculator handy when i'm at home & have access to the net... http://points.ogo.ms/

What can i say... i'm a bit of a nerd! :D

If you divide the kcals of the food by 70, then divide the saturated fat by 4... add these two figures together, you have the points for that item. [You'll get fractions doing this, so round up, or down, to the nearest 0.5pt, depending on the figure].

However, there's also Zero Point foods, which is most veg [except potatoes, sweetcorn & peas], plus Sugar Free Squashes/Fizzy Drinks. All fruit has point values.

[Kcals / 70] + [Sat fat. / 4] = POINTS

Also, i find this calculator handy when i'm at home & have access to the net... Weight Watchers Points Calculator
Thank you that really helps:jelous:

Just a warning Aminah, this is seriously out of date information! This thread is three years old, if you look at the post before yours it's dated July 2008. The plan has changed a great deal since then. If you have a look at the "sticky" threads at the top of the forum you'll get up to date information about the plan and the way things work now.

Back