Working Solution Recipe Ideas

Sarah_P

Happy to be slim at last
In response to requests for meal ideas, i thought it a good idea to start a new thread.

Mods, could we have this as a sticky please?

So here's a few ideas for veggies to go with either chicken, fish or a pork chop. I will add more recipes over the next few days.

Grilled Courgettes

Slice a courgette length ways. Sprinkle it with chilli flakes and grill on the health grill. I LOVE these!

Garlic and Chilli green veggies

Steam cauliflower, broc and cabbage. Heat a wok and add a tiny amount of olive oil, add lots of fresh garlic and fresh chilli, throw in the veggies and stir fry for a few minutes.

Ginger Stir Fried Veggies

Chop any of the allowed veggies (I use courgette, mange tout, pak choi and any other things that I have in the fridge). Stir fry with fresh grated ginger. I often add chilli and garlic and throw in large uncooked prawns.

Oh and sometimes I just have plain old steamed veggies!

Will add more recipes soon.

DM, I know that you have lots of ideas of what to eat also!

Hooray! We've got another sticky.
I'm not the most adventerous i'm afraid but here's a couple that i regulalry do.

Quorn Stir Fry

Heat a wok with shallow water, add a smidge of Boullion veg stock, add the Quorn and allow to heat for 10 minutes. Then add your veg with some soy and cook away for another 5 minutes or so. Hopefully most of the juice will have been absorbed.

Spicy Roasted Veg

Take a shallow tin with a little water, add your veg and sprinkle with Cajun spice...roast away for 20 mins or so.

Prawn Stir Fry

Heat the wok, add a little water when is starts simmering, add your veg inc Garlic, stir fry for a good few minutes...at the very last add your prawns, some soy sauce and some spinach. Yum!

As you can see i use quite a lot of soy sauce, and it has never affected my losses (that i know of).
I mostly use Grilled or baked Chicken, Salmon, Trout or Quorn pieces

This is a great alternative to standard rice. It goes well with many dishes.

Cauliflower Rice

In a food processor or with a hand grater, grate the cauliflower. Place it in a microwave bowl with NO water. Cover and cook on high for 4 minutes. Take out and enjoy!

King Prawn and Cabbage Stir Fry

Steam any kind of cabbage or curly kale, add any other veggies that you fancy.

In a wok heat a tiny amount of oil or butter (about a teaspoon full), add lots of chopped fresh garlic and chilli (or chilli flakes), throw in the cabbage and king prawns (preferably uncooked variety) and cook until prawns turn pink.

Serve and enjoy!

can i just say that i have a recipe that is a really fantastic snack. ive not even sarted the tfr plan yet but saw this thread for recipes....
Get a bag of curly kale, remove stalks, pre-heat oven to gas mark 4, add little olive oil to baking tray, place curly kale on tray and put into oven for 10 mins or until the kale goes krisp, remove from oven and sprinkle with herbs or salt and little pepper, its like crispy seaweed!! DELICIOUS!!! x

roast curry vegetables

Heat a tiny but of oil in a pan add cumin seeds to hot oil about teaspoon. When seeds start to cook add curry powder or garam masala then your choice of vegetables. Coat in the oil and then transfer to oven and roast for 25 mins
Yummy

I had my first cauliflower rice last night and I have to say it was delicious and so easy to make. I'll definitely be having that again during this add a meal week :)

Mmmmm, last night had the cauliflower rice with some dry fried quorn with chinese five spice and then put some soy sauce on, great alternative to Chinese, really filling and my hubby asked me to make it for his tea tonight, de-lish x

That sounds lovely Kaka! I'm going to try cauliflower rice on Tuesday I think so I may have a go at your alternative Chinese :D

Made alternative Indian too! Mix the chicken soup powder with some medium curry powder and then add water to make a sauce consistency. Dry fry quorn and once cooked, mix in the 'curry' sauce mixture, serve on cauliflower rice, great for a Saturday night take-away night lol x

mmm im so looking forward to add a meal week now only 2 weeks left lol

ok thanks hun i was getting carried away lol

I just cooked the cauliflower rice & quorn steak strips with the five spices seasoning it was soo YUMMY!

Made alternative Indian too! Mix the chicken soup powder with some medium curry powder and then add water to make a sauce consistency. Dry fry quorn and once cooked, mix in the 'curry' sauce mixture, serve on cauliflower rice, great for a Saturday night take-away night lol x

First night add a meal and did a version of this. Thanks so so much yummy :)

This is a great alternative to standard rice. It goes well with many dishes.

Cauliflower Rice

In a food processor or with a hand grater, grate the cauliflower. Place it in a microwave bowl with NO water. Cover and cook on high for 4 minutes. Take out and enjoy!

Had tonight on add a meal. Thanks so much, felt like a super treat :)

Something I'm going to do on AAM week.
Steam broccoli & cabage, fry onion, chilli, green pepper & garlic with quorn "chicken" pieces then add broc and cabbage once cooked, add a splash of soy and enjoy.
I can't wait!!!

are there weight guidelines for the amount of veg/meat/fish allowed on aam week? Would I stay in ketosis?
thanks Pam

Back