worried bout drinkin alcohol on week off

fatgirlslim76

can someone please advise me,comin off diet 4 1 week on 19th may 4 my friends weddin on 24th may,startin back on 26 may,bit worried about drinkin alcohol on the day,as i know i really want 2 enjoy myself and the drink will b flowing:grouphugg:

If you're worried, then don't drink it! Make that choice. Drive if you need to! No one is forcing you to drink. If you're coming off SS then alcohol won't do you any harm, but if its causing you anxiety, then don't push yourself!

If you're looking for low-carb alcohols to limit the damage, then Vodka with diet coke/lemondae is your safest option. Wine is a better choice than beers and ciders.

Before I started LL I used to drink most nights (a half bottle of wine when I got home or a pint of cider, usually with a bit of a binge over the weekend). I thought it would be the hardest thing to give up. I can honestly say, I've not had a drink since September 2007, and even though I've been allowed alcohol for 2 weeks now (I'm on RTM) I've not bothered......its really not that important to me now. I know its there, but I can take or leave it. That's not to say I'm a tee-totaller - its just that it doesn't have such a hold on me now. I've decided I'll drink wine with friends at a meal (if I want to on the day) but I certainly don't feel I need to).

But don't stress.....alcohol will still be there when you're at target....its not going anywhere!

Hi,

I drank on my weekend off, made me very ill.

Pies

:p make sure you eats enough carbs to take you out of ketosis as booze and ketosis are a lethal mix enjoy whatever you decide to do:D:D

If you're worried, then don't drink it! Make that choice. Drive if you need to! No one is forcing you to drink. If you're coming off SS then alcohol won't do you any harm, but if its causing you anxiety, then don't push yourself!

If you're looking for low-carb alcohols to limit the damage, then Vodka with diet coke/lemondae is your safest option. Wine is a better choice than beers and ciders.

Before I started LL I used to drink most nights (a half bottle of wine when I got home or a pint of cider, usually with a bit of a binge over the weekend). I thought it would be the hardest thing to give up. I can honestly say, I've not had a drink since September 2007, and even though I've been allowed alcohol for 2 weeks now (I'm on RTM) I've not bothered......its really not that important to me now. I know its there, but I can take or leave it. That's not to say I'm a tee-totaller - its just that it doesn't have such a hold on me now. I've decided I'll drink wine with friends at a meal (if I want to on the day) but I certainly don't feel I need to).

But don't stress.....alcohol will still be there when you're at target....its not going anywhere!

I was the same, I thought giving up alcohol was going to be the hardest, but you know it's not that bad. I can see the point of view though of wanting to have a few drinks at the wedding and i think if you go off the diet and carb up you should be ok. Just don't drink while in ketosis I hear it's very dangerous.

im off next week for a week and will be drinking so will let you know how i get on. I was very used to drinking alcohol before i started cd so will have to see what happens. Dont worry will make sure and have lots of carbs before hand!!! :D :D

hi, i drank alcohol on sat night, i was really drunk actually... so i ate some chicken before i went out on the sat night to line my stomach, drank quite alot of vodka and i didnt feel any worse than i normally would on the sunday.(even though it will prob affect people differently) and i still lost weight this week!

i know everyone is different and im not saying def do it, but its a choice. in my view if i didnt have the odd treat on this diet id go insane and end up bingeing, so a few drinks on sat were fine and on sunday i just got straight back into the swing of things diet wise.

let me know how you get on. xxx

Back