worried, thoughts please

newapproach

hello all im on day 2 of ts....going well so far (except for some egg whites before a workout)

this is a last resort for me, i have struggled with my weight and eating for a long time. the thing is im soon to qualify as a personal trainer and although i have excess body fat i have alot of lean muscle tissue. i am worried that 1 my body will go into starvation mode and store body fat, and 2 that my body will start burning lean muscle tissue as fuel...this of course is detrimental to my metabolism and not at all what i want to happen. im aware i wont be able build muscle mass but i certainly dont want to loose it.

any thoughts are welcome, thanks in advance x

That's the whole point of being in ketosis. Your body doesn't go into starvation mode. It's totally safe

thank you starlight. what didnt help was my lecture on nutrition today and my tutor going on about starvation mode! am i ok to use 3 egg whites post work out? to get some extra protein, will it affect ketosis?

im no expert but i thing egg is in the safe foods as such, there is a post somewhere on minimins with ketosis friendly food i.e what you can eat without being kicked out of ketosis...

If you work out a lot, and are not carrying a lot of excessive body weight the i would still have a carb up day (once a fortnight just now, once a week once target weight). On Tues I did it and I was back in ketosis by Wed arvo. If you exercise a lot your body and muscles will need this and you will get back into ketosis quickly. Though I did fast all day yesterday so body used all the carbs from day before. I was the least hungry i have been since starting diet and never felt better. Just weighed myself and measured waist and the weight is still coming off. x

For me, I always believed your body can't do the two together...... Lose weight and add muscle.

I suppose I made a decision over what I wanted the most.....losing weight was at thebtop of the list. I accepted that therevwas the possibility of losing some muscle during the diet, but being focussed purely on weight/fat loss, it means I can get there quicker and THEN focus purely on building muscle and toning.

What qualification are you taking? I suppose a dream I've always had is to lose the weight and 'pay it forward' to others and help them to do the same!

Alan

Back