Cruise PV Would i loose weight if everyday was PV?

shellebelle83

I guys! I started dukan 8 days ago and managed a six day attack. Managed to nock off 6 pounds in those days days and delt geat! I have had one PV day so far yesterday and looking forward to another tomorrow! Now im feeling bored sickly constipated and very very unhealthy - i feel i need vitamins and something to keep things moving day by day!

My queery is (and i know it's against all the rules of the plan) what would happen if i did not alternate PP days with PV days and just did PV days?

Would i loose weight, would it be less that i would if i alternated, and would this be better to gain a feeling of healthiness! I am also toying with the idea of eating fruit :0 . Does this have disaster written all kver it?

Hi!
I'm not an expert - and I've fallen off the Dukan wagon over Xmas....so I won't answer your PV every day part of the question.

BUT - now you're in Cruise you can have 1 tablespoon of Wheatbran every day (it's a tolerated item) which may help to solve your constipation issue.

i feel i need vitamins and something to keep things moving day by day!

Have you been taking a multi-vitamin daily - I think it's recommended in the book.

Also if you're on cruise you can increase oatbran ration and include wheatbran too.

Rhubarb - affectionately known as bumbarb on the forum also helps to keep things regular.

If all else fails - DRINK...water though, don't increase tea or coffee consumption as this can increase constipation symptoms.

hope this helps hun x

Eat plenty of green leafy veg on salad days and rhubarb is great too. The more PV days you have the slower your weight loss will be so you have to decide what ratio suits you personally. There is lots of information on here about "transit issues". Good luck and remember to focus on why you decided to lose weight on the first place - it's a good motivator!

Last edited:
Ditto all the advice above, but also maybe it's worth trying different combinations of pp/pv cruise days to stop you getting so bored. I used to do pp/pv, which I found a bit of a mare at the weekend. I'm now doing 4pp/3pv so I can look forward to eating more normally at a weekend with DH. I find it easier to focus on just pp during the week but the weekend pv gives me something to look forward to. And also make your food fun - really experiment and add dukan friendly sauces to make it more enjoyable to eat and stop you getting bored.

It's definitely worth taking a vitamin supplement - I take multivits/minerals every day. Also try upping your fluid intake to combat the sluggishness.

Cheryl x

It's not a good idea to skip the pp days - because for Dukan to work you have to commit to all 4 stages, and 1 pp day a week is a lifelong commitment in stage 4 (stabilisation).

Once your GI track has adjusted to the change in diet constipation will probably not be a problem. In the meantime try the suggestions above - wheatbran, rhubarb, water, black coffee, walking - and if those don't work, a dose of senakot from time to time.

Thanks for your advice. Thankfully i had my PV today so i got prawn salad for lunch and veg packed aubergine "lasagne" for dinner - its good and im gonna post my creation on the recipies forum. I feel much more satisfied and less nauseated. Thank god for PV!

I have been taking a berocca for the past few days and it seems to be kicking in. Also stewed up some bumbarb ( hehe!) and had with my yog and oatbran brekkie and had some more after dinner too . Im not ready to throw in the towel yet and feel more focused today thanks to your encouragement. Weekends will be the tester and i think i do a double PV this weekend to keep me off the bacardi and crisps! Thanks x

Go easy with the berocca

Ingredients in Berocca Original:
Citric acid, sodium hydrogen carbonate, vitamin C, magnesium sulphate, mannitol, calcium carbonate, magnesium carbonate,flavouring, colours (beetroot red, beta carotene), sodium carbonate, niacin(Nicotinamide), sweeteners (aspartame, acesulfame K), sodium chloride, zinc citrate, pantothenic acid, riboflavin, thiamin, vitamin B12, vitamin B6, anti-foaming agent (polysorbate 60), folacin (folic acid), biotin. Contains a source of phenylalanine.

I seem to remember Jo mentioning citric acid being a problem and potential cause of stagnation - I think this was in relation to the possible amounts in canned tomatoes?...

with it being the first named component it must be quite high in it....

not sure - but I just take generic multi-vitamin tablets...easier to know that it's not causing a problem if it's not there x

Try drinking really chilled water first thing in the morning - helps kick start the digestive tract! Rhubarb did it for me most of the time.

Back