would it kill WW

phill1978

wants to get slim
would it kill ww to put a man on the cover of there mag and do a full spread on men who have lost weight , i know its mostly ladies who do diets but i dont think 1 issue would effect there sales?

rant over sorry

We'll nominate you Phil ;)

Yeah it would be great - SW nearly always feature at least one man an issue who's lost weight. A bit of eye candy never hurt anyone!

Omg i totally agree, you so right there phill, there should be a man issue, so us single ladies can drool over the single sexy men hahahaha and not of course forgetting yourself :) lol, maybe write and see what they say, if you need more ppl to write i reckon most on here will agree with you

:) good luck and well done

I must admit I've never really thought about this one but agree with you phil. It would be great to see a man on the cover thats one for you to aim for.

thank you all for posts as much as i think i would sell millions of copys of ww mag i dont think in cover story material, but i will emal them and maybe get a reply (fingers crossed)

Let us know what their answer is - you are certainly cover material and I bet mrs phil agrees with that too

Go for it, Phil. You have done great and you're right, it is about time we saw a man on the cover. Dieting is seen as a 'woman's' thing but more and more men are actively trying to lose weight these days.

I would definatley email them. I would add a link to this page too to show your support. Maybe start a facebook campaign.

thank you all , i hope my email isnt just deleted and that they will one day put a man on the cover, as much as i think it should be me lol i think there is a lot more deserving men to take that honour , i would just like to see a more balanced ww magazine, even if its only a mens section that would be a start. maybe a celeb man talking about weight loss and a letters page for men to ask for advice.

That's a really good idea! I think more men would be motivated and feel more comfortable with dieting if they knew many men did it. The magazines are a good source of ideas and motivation but it really does seem like it's aimed a lot at women. I think it might seem a bit embarrassing perhaps for a man to buy it.

That's a really good idea! I think more men would be motivated and feel more comfortable with dieting if they knew many men did it. The magazines are a good source of ideas and motivation but it really does seem like it's aimed a lot at women. I think it might seem a bit embarrassing perhaps for a man to buy it.

heres hoping lorny xxxxx

They have done spreads on men in the past, but I don't believe theres ever been a man on the cover. I would love to see you there Phil :)
Why don't you enter the coverstar comp??

Actaully, this a real bug bear of mine. They always have the most gorgeous girls on the cover, they look like models. Then the less model like ladies on the inside never get on the cover. Rosemary Conley and SW have real people on the cover, which is fantastic. Thats what it should be about.

I would love to enter the cover star comp, but they are looking for someone who will sell issues by looking good on the cover, which I def wouldn't lol.

Phil, you def would look fabulous though.

Totally agree with you..would love to see a male on the cover of their magazine...it would inspire all those males who feel they can not join the meetings or buy the magazine,and an inspiration to us women too x

Yes, I picked mine up yesterday and saw 4 men in the July magazine Phil :) they are not on the cover but at least it's a step! :cool:

They are lovely, and one in particular caught my eye - he has lost 10 stone and looks amazing!!!!!

Plus theres an older man who went on to run marathons, what an inspiration!!!

Back