WOW- 400lb 7yr old, got to see!!!

Jeez, this is horrendous :( - I am shocked & agree with the fact this is child abuse.

Oh bless her she looks like a different child.

I hope all the good work isn't undone and she ends up in the situation she was in.

What I don't understand is why the authorities didn't get involved sooner.

under feeding or severely overfeeding is neglect. I have dealt with both when I worked as a children's nurse. the emotional and physical impact on both is huge.

As horrific as this is i think the poor girl may actually have Prader Willi syndrome.

Watching the clip of her before and also after she has lost weight she displays a lot of the common signs of the syndrome.

Her parents should have denied her the food everytime she asked for it but if she does have Prader Willi she probably obtained the food regardless. I noticed in a clip of her after she has lost weight that it says she is now on medication to stop her from feeling hungry so i guess she will have to be on this for the rest of her life, poor thing.

As horrific as this is i think the poor girl may actually have Prader Willi syndrome.

Watching the clip of her before and also after she has lost weight she displays a lot of the common signs of the syndrome.

Her parents should have denied her the food everytime she asked for it but if she does have Prader Willi she probably obtained the food regardless. I noticed in a clip of her after she has lost weight that it says she is now on medication to stop her from feeling hungry so i guess she will have to be on this for the rest of her life, poor thing.

Im sure when she was admitted into the hospital they would have tested for it, i think its displaying signs of someone who used to get what they wanted really

Im sure when she was admitted into the hospital they would have tested for it, i think its displaying signs of someone who used to get what they wanted really

Its basically a missing 15th cromasone so its not something they could test for similar to thyroid etc. It would have to have been DNA related but you would have thought the Dr's would have tested for this when she was a baby?

I just read on another forum that she did have some illness which resulted in her being hungry all of the time, but this could just be hearsay. :confused:

I feel so sorry for these kids I really really do

it is utter child abuse, you need a license for a dog but any idiot can have a child!!!!! these people should not have children, what kind of life are they setting these kids up for - all those health problems its horrendous

Its basically a missing 15th cromasone so its not something they could test for similar to thyroid etc. It would have to have been DNA related but you would have thought the Dr's would have tested for this when she was a baby?

I just read on another forum that she did have some illness which resulted in her being hungry all of the time, but this could just be hearsay. :confused:

well exactly, they must have done some genetic tests, to find the root cause

i think the second story is actually more shocking than the first. at least jessica's mother seems to have her best interests at heart now and is helping her (even though she was totally wrong to have let her get that way in the first place).

the second mother is more or less FORCING her child into a lifetime of morbid obesity because she WANTS her to be fat... WTF?! she either needs serious intervention, or the child taking away from her :(

i think the second story is actually more shocking than the first. at least jessica's mother seems to have her best interests at heart now and is helping her (even though she was totally wrong to have let her get that way in the first place).

the second mother is more or less FORCING her child into a lifetime of morbid obesity because she WANTS her to be fat... WTF?! she either needs serious intervention, or the child taking away from her :(

Well said xx

In the closer magazine interview (last week's issue) the mother said that she had a major argument with a friend who took her to task over the child's size and now they aren't speaking. She apparently believes that because her grandmother is still alive at 80 the child will be fine (grandmother weighs 140 lbs)!:mad:

Right at the end of the interview the mother is quoted as saying: -
"I'm a great mum, she's a great daughter and we're two happy fatties"

Last edited:
aghr! i just want to shake the stupid woman!!! grrrrrrrrr

she obviously needs help

Right at the end of the interview the mother is quoted as saying: -
"I'm a great mum, she's a great daughter and we're two happy fatties"

Hmmm. There you have the answer to why she's allowed her child to become so overweight, I guess. Mommy needs company. :rolleyes:

I'm astonished that Child Services don't seem to get involved in these cases until the child ends up in hospital. Overfeeding is clearly neglect at the very least, abuse at worst.

Back