Wow - fab doner kebab recipe, tastes like the real thing!!!

I'm making lamb kebab for tea and I can't wait! I even minced my own lamb! Go me, shines halo!

Attachments

• image-623787971.jpg
    image-623787971.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 338
  • image-2800912631.jpg
    image-2800912631.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 805
  • image-2800147495.jpg
    image-2800147495.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 643
Oh my days, best meal ever! I added dried mint to my mix :) I used three packs of 500 g Asda less than 8% fat lean lamb pieces, £4 each, and minced it myself, and cooked it on a rack. There's enough for tea tomorrow for us both again. I made the teen boys one using Asda whoopsie pork mince, as they're not keen on lamb. That tasted gorgeous too, but I love lamb more. It was really succulent not dry at all :)

Attachments

• image-1588390139.jpg
    image-1588390139.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 1,378
  • image-1423461195.jpg
    image-1423461195.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 596
Last edited:
this actually sounds amazing my OH loves kebabs and keeps saying he misses us going the takeaway so gonna try making this for us!

Honestly he wouldn't know the difference at all. I even bought my mincer from Lakeland plastics just to make this regulally, we've just not been able to afford lamb for months. You can use beef ,or pork. I do use my food processor to mix, but by hand is as good I'm sure. The mincer is really good :)

lamb is really expensive isn't it? does it still taste like donner though with beef?

I've not tried the beef but mate Binty on here uses beef. Don't suppose it will taste the same, but good sub if fancy kebab and can't afford lamb. It will be a monthly treat in this house lol ;)

Quins said:
Bunnylush, that looks tops, do does your mincer, where did you get it?

Lakeland plastics around £30 or less if I remember, really easy to use. It does pasta too, but doubt I'll be making pasta ;) oh and sausages, but doubt I'll make those either lol x

Last edited:
I read the ingredients in a bag of frozen donner meat and it was 40% chicken. Some beef in there too.

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

I made this last night with pork mince but I had a fruit cake in the oven (mother in law's birthday cake) so I made patties and cooked them in the frying pan with fry light. They were great. My husband has declared that we can have them again.

Just been to tesco to buy mince for tomorrow, oh is super excited too lol.

Thanks bunnylush for posting on the other thread :)

Think it would work with quorn mince and a lamb stock cube?
Couple of eggs to bind it?

Might end up in a loaf tin and be a bit more of a meatloaf type affair.

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Back