Wow - fab doner kebab recipe, tastes like the real thing!!!

Bump

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I left my OH the recipe and went and had a bath, not talking to him now. He added sh**loads of chilli flakes and I couldn't eat it, the git xx

I made this again tonight for about the 20th time lol.
But tonight (after reading the same recipe on another website except it said to add an egg) I actually tried it out and added an egg to the mix and it was so much nicer, the texture was softer, it was not dry, it sliced easier and it tasted a whole lot nicer, this was using extra lean beef mince again as I still can't get lamb.
I kneaded the mince first as you do, cracked an egg in and mixed it in to the mince. At that point I was regretting it because the mince became very sloppy and I didn't think it would form a loaf shape. But by the time I had sprinkled in the seasoning and mixed it in, it was less wet and seemed to have dried out a bit and I was able to form a loaf shape(I didn't need to use flour either). Because the loaf felt looser I was worried it would fall apart in the oven. But it didn't, it really set well in the oven and came out fluffier and less crumbly than it normally does.
I also had it with a homemade coleslaw today instead of the normal homemade garlic mayo and chilli sauce. It was delicious :)

Am going to try this in next couple of days )going to use turkey mince dont like any other) as I am throwing some red day in (it is red day friendly right?) sounds yum - think I'll be using egg as grainy, crumbly mince turns my stomach - yeah I am odd lol :D x

Must try the egg glad u enjoyed the Iskender version we had it for tea last night. Really enjoyed as usual . Got some chilli peppers in a jar in tescos goes with it a treat. All I need is a little bit of sun and i could eat it outside like I do in Turkey.

I wonder if you could do a quorn version???
I must give that a go and see...

I've got the wholemeal pittas from Asda - yeah!!! I bought a ton , they must think I am crazy - lol.

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Tried online to get pittas from asda today &they are not listed so called into one in Belfast shore rd to be told they had never heard of them though bought them last week in Antrim wonder are they going to be discontinued!!hope not my home
made ones are't as nice.

I made the doner kebab recipe with the lamb mince, it was delicious! had it for tea on friday night with homemade sw chips, salad and coleslaw, yum yum!

It was taster night at sw last night and I made it to take there with some galic sauce and wholemeal pittas, it went down a treat. :)

Just decided to make this tonight.... Got home and as I was taking it out the packet realised how how the calories are in lamb mince! So I logged on SW and found that lamb mince is 1.5syns per 100g! So this whole recipe actually has approximate 9 syns....glad I checked but wanted to just make others aware of it... Made half the recipe and I can smell it cooking and it smells divine!

Nikki<3 said:
Just decided to make this tonight.... Got home and as I was taking it out the packet realised how how the calories are in lamb mince! So I logged on SW and found that lamb mince is 1.5syns per 100g! So this whole recipe actually has approximate 9 syns....glad I checked but wanted to just make others aware of it... Made half the recipe and I can smell it cooking and it smells divine!

Ithink most people would be using the no syn extra lean lamb mince.......unfortunately i can't find a supermarket in Leeds that does it.

Yeah I used extra lean

Wicca303 said:
Ithink most people would be using the no syn extra lean lamb mince.......unfortunately i can't find a supermarket in Leeds that does it.

Me either, according to my supermarket.Com it doesn't exist :-( oh well OH ate it and I just tried a slither...was so yummy! Might try beef next time.

Nikki<3 said:
Me either, according to my supermarket.Com it doesn't exist :-( oh well OH ate it and I just tried a slither...was so yummy! Might try beef next time.

Don't do turkey, not even remotely similar. Apparently extra lean beef works really well.

Wicca303 said:
Don't do turkey, not even remotely similar. Apparently extra lean beef works really well.

Thanks for that, was just deciding between the two...but think I'll go for beef now you have told me it's not as good!

Nikki<3 said:
Thanks for that, was just deciding between the two...but think I'll go for beef now you have told me it's not as good!

It smelt just similar enough to make me know that with lamb it would have been perfect.

Doner Kebab

I made this the other day and I really enjoyed it with salad and ELF Mayo.

I think I might knock 5 minutes off the cooking time it was a tiny bit dry.

Excellent recipe!!!!

Back