Wow - fab doner kebab recipe, tastes like the real thing!!!

pesty said:
It was yummy, quite strong on the garlic side tho so i'd maybe add one and then taste to see if you want to add the other one!

Chicken wise i marinated some cubes in yoghurt with 3 tbsps mild curry powder and 1/2 tsp hot curry powder (i dont like mine too spicy!!) Left them for 30 minutes and then fryed them in a pan until cooked through! (I ran out of skewers!!)

xx

Just had the chicken kebab & it was tasty I made mine quite hot though & the garlic Mayo was lush....thanks for the recipie :D

Am making this tomorrow :) it was delish last time and been craving it since! I make it with turkey mince (I really can't eat other minces as they turn my stomach) and although it doesn't really taste exactly like donner kebab meat it is really good :D

Thanks again for recipe x

I use the lean lamb mince from Tesco

99621657-icoste.jpg

I hope this is free!!!!! I've made it about 4 times now!!! :eek:

Looking at your weight losses I wouldn't worry too much about whether or not the lean mince is free. I figure if you are enjoying it and still losing weight then there is nothing to worry about x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I've just had it , but also Made tandoori chicken too , using chicken breast cut into chunks and marinated in fat free natural yog and tandoori powder :) made a lovely mixed kebab :)

Going to make this tonight can't wait to see how it turns out!
Haven't got any onion powder though, would it work as well if I grated some into it?

Last time I made this it kinda turned out a bit like chunky mince.,, if that makes sense. Any tips?

(will be using beef) x

Mines in the oven now, this will be my first times trying it can't wait. I've got my salad all ready to go & made garlic mayo earlier...stupidly excited lol

Last time I made this it kinda turned out a bit like chunky mince.,, if that makes sense. Any tips?

(will be using beef) x

Did you beat the crap out of it lol so that it had no air pockets & ensure it was really smooth?

I've no idea as making for the 1st time but maybe that's why? X

I'm gonna make this for the first time this weekend. Think I'm gonna put my in the food processor though cos I got tendinitis in my shoulders & scared it'll hurt lol

*real thing (damn touch screen phone! )
Used beef mince and added an egg. Unfortunately now ruining my efforts with a bottle of wine! Oh well will deduct from weekly syns ;) x

big bear said:
Did you beat the crap out of it lol so that it had no air pockets & ensure it was really smooth?

I've no idea as making for the 1st time but maybe that's why? X

Oh. My. Word!

Just made this now (used mince beef and eggs) I used a hand blender (aha) and really mushed it down!
I added paprika (thanks coljack) and blended it for about eight minutes - I'm not joking there was a light orange film all over the bowl after I'd mushed it within an inch of it's life!

Anway, loafed it up and popped it in a Pyrex (thanks bb) and turned it over (three times) and it was DEVINE!!

Literally - better than the real deal!
Wow! Can't believe how nice it was! And I can't believe we're allowed to eat this on plan! Whoohoooo! I just need to over feeling so guilty now!! thanks all x

Katerpiller i can't find that type of lamb mince in tesco , but I do my shop online so maybe that's why, but thanks for putting the piccy on I will look out for it .

Im cooking this now!! It smells bloody gggooooorrrgeous!! Perfect replacement for the saturday night takeaway .. syn free kebab and chips!!

Got all the ingredients so will definitely be trying this in the week. Will report back after. Mmmm can't wait. You lot have had me dribbling lol x

Back