Wow - fab doner kebab recipe, tastes like the real thing!!!

*real thing (damn touch screen phone! )
Used beef mince and added an egg. Unfortunately now ruining my efforts with a bottle of wine! Oh well will deduct from weekly syns ;) x

how did ya comment on ya phone peach ?? xxx

ginlin said:
Thanks.
Are they not the same as garlic and onion salt?

To be honest I have no idea if they are the same, I just went to morrisons and got there own brand stuff that sounded the most similar - onion granules & garlic powder lol x

Made this tonight, it was gorgeous but a bit dry :(

Like a lot of people I used extra lean beef instead of lamb cos I couldn't find lean lamb ANYWHERE!

Will be making it again as once I put the garlic sauce on it took away the dryness.

My fiance liked it too, so it must have been alright :)

Hi onion salt is slightly different to onion powder. But you could use either, just don't add normal salt if you use onion salt. You can use fresh garlic instead of granules too if you crush it through a garlic press, I always do that.

My supermarket had run out of extra lean mince beef so I bought normal lamb mince for a treat. I worked out that the 500g pack is 18 syns. Me and hubby will share it so if I have half it will be 9 syns. Well worth it for a treat as it will be tender and delicious lol.

Doner Kebabs were one of the reasons I'm fat in the first place!! I can't wait to try this and have at least one of the naughty things I used to love back!!

I still havent tried thiis but boy am I gonna lol

Can anyone tell me what vif is and where to get it from? My kebab is cooking in the oven as we speak. Made a chilli sauce to go with it too. Woo!

Stazo said:
Can anyone tell me what vif is and where to get it from? My kebab is cooking in the oven as we speak. Made a chilli sauce to go with it too. Woo!

Where does it say 'vif' ?
Do you mean vlf (very low fat )?

We have coleslaw ,synfree chilli sauce, garlic Mayo , salad and SW chips with ours - I love it :)

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Sounds amazing! Especially seen as I live about a takeaway so sometimes the smell seeps through the floor :eek: atleast now I can give into temptation and make one instead :D

Had the donner last night it was yum yum yum ... My meat eating other half loved it :)

My second try at it is in the oven now my brother & his girlfriend's coming for food so gonna do some SW chips and garlic Mayo so I'll see if it goes down as well with them :D

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Back