Wow - fab doner kebab recipe, tastes like the real thing!!!

My second time was nicer too :D
My brother's girlfriend who doesn't like doner kebab even liked it:D

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

I made this last night only with chicken as I don't really eat beef and can't stand lamb :D

I cut 1 and a half chicken breasts into cubes and marinated them in FF Fromage frais, garam masala, paprika, and turmeric, then piled them all onto a skewer really tightly and cooked until done, then carved the chicken off in fine pieces and put into a HeB pitta pocket with home made (free) garlic sauce (made with FF fromage frais, fresh crushed garlic, and some lemon juice) and salad.

Was delicious!!! :D

I prepared this on friday and cooked it on saturday night - fakeway night :D - and my 20 yr old son, just back from 4 days in Amsterdam, tucked into it with gusto, saying that nothing compares to his mam's cooking. :D

He he he well done...here is a pic of mine from Friday night x

Attachments

• image-2492206981.jpg
    image-2492206981.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 560
Thx mrs h .... It was and hubby and my two sons can't wait to have it again :) x

im making this tonight! someone said the syns worked out 2 be 9 for 250g, is this right? im worried as i munched a handful of crisps earlier and dont wanna go over my syns! xxxx

lol me too, i bought tesco value lamb mince it says typically less than 18% fat and when i looked at the more expensive lamb mince it said less than 26% or something so thought i got the right kind of one!! xxx

dont let me worry you! i just saw it on one of these threads that it was 9 syns for half but i dont think thats right tbh. did ne1 else use the tesco value lamb mince?xoxo

I used lamb mince and didn't syn it last week...I still lost :)

I made this today for our dinner I made patti's and fried them they were delicious we had them with wholemeal pittas and salad I used my hxb cheese my Fiance said it tasted so naughty lol xxx

its in the oven as we speak :) used grated onion instead as didnt have powdered onion, and my lovely friend lent me her spices cos she made this last week! :) xxx

Oo that's a good idea Juicy I didn't have any onion powder just doubled the garlic bet that's nicer though x

When I was making mine I thought onions would go nice in it ?

Back